What's your dessert of choice?

nossmf
nossmf Posts: 8,956 Member
I can enjoy the occasional dish of ice cream, but usually I can avoid over-indulging in any dessert I come across, often refusing them outright...except cookies. Chocolate chip, peanut butter, iced sugar, snickerdoodles, Oreos... it almost doesn't matter the cookie, I will eat it. And one of the easiest ways to put a smile on my face is to smell them baking. Any wonder I recently made over 7 dozen cookies my last day off? (Sure, I'm gonna share them with my kids during the Christmas season, let's go with that reason...)

What dessert do you find most irresistible?

Replies

• AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Whatever I end up making. Right now it’s chocolate chip cheesecake over brownie crust.
  • AriesFL
    ofyadtv8qxps.jpeg
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    edited December 2019
    Warm chocolate chip cookies a la mode 😋
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Glass of full bodied red wine and piece of dark chocolate. Goes good with something spicy too, like hot pepper kettle cooked chips.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I love wine. And donuts. I like certain cakes and cookies but I can resist them if I'm not in the mood.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Wine is mine.... not a fan of sweets
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Ice cream, Cheesecake, warmed up brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup, carrot cake, peanut butter cookies... damn, did I have to pick just 1?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Ice cream, Cheesecake, warmed up brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup, carrot cake, peanut butter cookies... damn, did I have to pick just 1?

First I was going to say cookies are my favorite but then she had to go list all these too. :)
    It might be easier to say the dessert that isn't my favorite which would be Fig Newtons. Lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited December 2019
    I don't have a tremendous sweet tooth, so I kind of have to be in the mood for desert. Usually if I'm craving a desert it will just be a square of these dark chocolate caramel sea salt things we have in the cupboard.

I like ice cream, but it's always been one of those things I've had when out and about and stopping somewhere for an ice cream rather than a desert item after a meal.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Tiramisu
    Strawberry shortcake
    Key Like pie
    Berry pie
  • AriesFL
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Tiramisu
    Strawberry shortcake
    Key Like pie
    Berry pie

Love tiramisu. I make that all the time.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Sweets?

Not a fan.... so, nothing really.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Sour cream pound cake with caramel praline icing is my favorite. It is my great grandmother's recipe and my mother has been making it for my birthday every year for the last 46 years. I'm also a huge fan of homemade chocolate pudding; Not the stuff that comes in a box. Followed by pecan pie and ice cream.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Cookies, especially homemade cookies dunked in coffee, tea, or milk.
    Donuts, mainly cake donuts like blueberry but I love the occasional creme-filled, too.
    Rhubarb tarts or pies.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Lava cakes, warm brownies, warm muffins, cheesecake. I’m a fan of the hot and cold combo so ice cream or milk with anything sweet.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited December 2019
    Usually ice cream. But I love brownies and cakes a lot, too.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Cheesecake, if I have to pick just one. Pavlova, but I don't have that often.
  • HotepBuddha
    HotepBuddha Posts: 9 Member
    oxzvwvaot36z.jpeg
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    A good scotch with a block ice on a short glass. 🥃
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    AriesFL wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Tiramisu
    Strawberry shortcake
    Key Like pie
    Berry pie

Love tiramisu. I make that all the time.

Yum!!