Adding foods to yesterday

Why does MFP not now allow the retrospective adding of foods to your diary. It just puts them on today. This makes it less than accurate

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,130 Member
    edited December 2019
    You should be able to change the date that you're logging in.
    Look for arrows around the word Today, or Today's Date that may be displayed near the top of your food calendar page.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,265 Member
    It works on the web version. Maybe log in from a browser.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    It’s also works from the mobile app. iOS anyway, but I don’t think the android version will be different.

I just tested and it worked fine!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    I just did it from the Android appv and I do it all the time from the web version Not seeing the OPs problem.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,071 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Are you using the app or on the website? I've never had a problem going back a day to add food on the website. The app's never worked diarywise for me.

I use the Android app(as well as the website) and have never had any problem adding food to previous days. Just make sure you start from that day on your diary and click add food below the appropriate meal.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,706 Member
    Are you using the app or on the website? I've never had a problem going back a day to add food on the website. The app's never worked diarywise for me.

I use the Android app(as well as the website) and have never had any problem adding food to previous days. Just make sure you start from that day on your diary and click add food below the appropriate meal.

Ugh, I shouldn't have been so vague. I don't normally use the app but was playing around with it and the diary doesn't sync to the web version....at all. I'm in the app now on the Diary tab and there isn't even a place to add food. Not even when I click on the 3 dots. Support never could get it working. Which wasn't the OP's problem so... :)
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,325 Member
    Yeah, definitely try a browser. My iOS app only works a few times a week. It works reliably less often than that....
  • lynn_glenmont

Ugh, I shouldn't have been so vague. I don't normally use the app but was playing around with it and the diary doesn't sync to the web version....at all. I'm in the app now on the Diary tab and there isn't even a place to add food. Not even when I click on the 3 dots. Support never could get it working. Which wasn't the OP's problem so... :)

Yeah, my comment was more aimed at the OP to say that despite some posters' experience, not being able to use the diary in the app is not a universal problem, nor is not being able to add food retrospectively the way it is designed to (not) work, as the OP seems to think.
  • lynn_glenmont
    edited December 2019

I hate to be that person suggesting things you probably already tried, but have you tried reinstalling the app?

ETA: also, add food isn't an option under the three dots, it's below the name of each meal.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,207 Member
    I have done this many times on my iPad.

Just go to food diary and use arrow at top to go back to whatever day you want.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,547 Member
    I do this on either web or Android, fairly often. I've had the occasional short period where web & Android didn't sync right away, but they pretty much always did if left them alone for a while (minutes to an hour or so, not huge long times).
  • glassyo

I hate to be that person suggesting things you probably already tried, but have you tried reinstalling the app?

ETA: also, add food isn't an option under the three dots, it's below the name of each meal.

Maaaaany times. Actually, with the last installation and current update, I didn't even have the separate meals. But, just to see, I reuninstalled and reinstalled and got the separate meals back but still no food. And nothing happens when I press on sync.

Not that big of a deal. Just an annoyance for something that should work.

Aaaanyway, I wonder if the op is closing his/her diary and THAT's why they can't add to the previous day.
  • BarbaraHelen2013

Maaaaany times. Actually, with the last installation and current update, I didn't even have the separate meals. But, just to see, I reuninstalled and reinstalled and got the separate meals back but still no food. And nothing happens when I press on sync.

Aaaanyway, I wonder if the op is closing his/her diary and THAT's why they can't add to the previous day.

Even if you close your diary you can still go back and add to it, whether 5 minutes or 5 days later. It doesn’t ‘lock’ anything out.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,924 Member
    It's working on Android. I just added stuff to yesterday. I'm always adding in tea after I close my diary so that's not a problem either.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,207 Member

Even if you close your diary you can still go back and add to it, whether 5 minutes or 5 days later. It doesn’t ‘lock’ anything out.

I never bother closing my diary - and have many times gone back and adjusted days.

• glassyo

I never bother closing my diary - and have many times gone back and adjusted days.

LOL neither do I which is why it was sort of a guess.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    Me neither, I was just clarifying! 😂
  • lynn_glenmont

Yup. This is the way it works (if it's working right).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    ianhousby wrote: »
    Why does MFP not now allow the retrospective adding of foods to your diary. It just puts them on today. This makes it less than accurate

I use desktop and need to first refresh the page displaying my diary and then go back to yesterday.