Onslaught of New Gym Members

Options
I am getting anxiety thinking about all of the new people at the gym. It's already crowded. Does anyone else have issues working out in crowded gyms?

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I tend to do things at the gym the noobies don't touch. Deadlifts, goblet squats, pushups on rings, etc. Virtually nothing on a weight machine except hang rings from smith machine and the cable towers.

The noobies will be on the machines.

Have a Rogue Echo bike at home so no gym cardio.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I don't go to the gym now but a couple years ago I took a break from the gym in January and worked out at home for a month and a half or so. Lol. Mine in particular was insane. It was so crowded, there were tons of people just standing around waiting to use something. I need to get in and out quickly, I don't have time for that. Or try going early in the morning, it might be less crowded then.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The gym I go to is crowded now. Not anxiety but it will be a pain in the neck to have even more people. But a few weeks and it will pass.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Yes, that's why I bought all of the equipment I need to be able to work out at home alone

Ditto - same here
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    When I went to the gym, I would usually take January off from the gym and do things like ski (if I was in Canada) or cycling (here in Australia).

Now I've got my own equipment and work out at home.
  • oedipuss
    oedipuss Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Another one who uses Off Peak. Bit busier in January but 95% are gone by February....."too much hard work". :D
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    MPDean wrote: »
    Think of it as an exchange programme. Many "gym" types make their only visits to bars in December and the "bar" types make their only visits to gyms during January.

LOL!!!!!
  • jazzy550
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Yes, that's why I bought all of the equipment I need to be able to work out at home alone

I had a garage full of equipment and used it but had to sell it all due to economic issues. I live in a small apartment and have some kettlebells and such. I work out with a trainer at the gym after work during the busiest time! 😥 But at least we have first dibs. I just hate working out on my own.
  • jazzy550
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • jazzy550
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    I tend to do things at the gym the noobies don't touch. Deadlifts, goblet squats, pushups on rings, etc. Virtually nothing on a weight machine except hang rings from smith machine and the cable towers.

The noobies will be on the machines.

Have a Rogue Echo bike at home so no gym cardio.

I use mostly free weights too! Just, as a girl, there's not many of us in the free weight section. 🤔
  • Bari_Tone
    Bari_Tone Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    jazzy550 wrote: »
    I am getting anxiety thinking about all of the new people at the gym. It's already crowded. Does anyone else have issues working out in crowded gyms?

It'll die down in 6-8 weeks...hang in there.