Onslaught of New Gym Members

Options

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Yes, that's why I bought all of the equipment I need to be able to work out at home alone

Me three......I realize that not everyone has the space for a power rack etc but I figure that I recovered my costs in about two years by not having to pay for membership etc.
  • Bari_Tone
    Bari_Tone Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    alcc23 wrote: »
    As an about to be noobie after surgery recovery this thread just gave me anxiety about being in the gym with all of you😣

I just want to see you at the gym - STILL - at the end of February, then I will know that you are going to make it through the year with the rest of us "regulars"
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    As an about to be noobie after surgery recovery this thread just gave me anxiety about being in the gym with all of you😣

Don’t have anxiety about going. The gym is a place for you to accomplish whatever physical goals you have for yourself. Have a plan going in and work the plan. You’ll be fine!

There are regulars that are quite annoying too. Like the talk on the phone. in front of the dumbbell rack guy, or I’m going to leave my glasses and phone on the ground right where you’re deadlifting guy, and my personal favorite I’m singing 80’s pop rock that’s playing in my headphones to the top of my lungs guy. Lucky for me all three of those guys are the same person at my gym. 🙄
    Have you ever seen Dude Perfect’s gym stereotypes??
    https://youtu.be/nU4EJfX2aXE
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Haven’t seen it yet, but I’ll definitely watch it on the way home from the gym 😂 hopefully I’m not on it 😬
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    zakga5wptlno.png

Wrong clothes? For real?

And poking fun of an obese woman for exercising?
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Just give it 2 to 3 months - by Easter most of them are gone, only to return early next year...
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately IMO, if someone is waiting for a magic date to start exercising, watching their diet, etc., they are likely to fail. The condition(s) related to the planned changes didn't just pop up on Dec 31st. Waiting until 1/1 is just putting off what needs to be done and most likely will lead to less than optimum results.

Or maybe they are waiting to join the gym when the 1/1 sales/fee reductions are in play.

Thats a possibility but one can often negotiate a discount any time of the year.

For most people looking at gyms a $50 discount isn't a make it or break it thing.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Bari_Tone wrote: »

I just want to see you at the gym - STILL - at the end of February, then I will know that you are going to make it through the year with the rest of us "regulars"

Valentine's Day seems to be a pretty common cut-off date for the New Years crowd to fade away.

I just wish they would stick around and continue to train.