Great first date, sort of

Options
2»

Replies

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I found out tonight that it's a bridge that got knocked off a counter and broke.
    I kind of trolled his FB page and that of his ex girlfriend, who he told me was addicted to painkillers and was a mess. I'm kind of stunned at the lengths he went to to get her help before moving on.. He's a good man
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I had a coffee date this morning. It went so well that we walked to the market and bought a bag of carrots to feed to some horses and goats which were about a 2 mile walk away. After that, we decided to go to brunch together. He's funny, a gentleman, even sang to me as we slow danced for the horses.
    But once we were sitting across from each other, I noticed he's missing several of his front lower teeth and he has horrible table manners.
    Am I shallow for thinking these are deal breakers? How can I tactfully bring up these things without being judgemental?
    We had great dynamics, but I don't know if I can deal with these issues.
    Your thoughts please.

Missing bottom teeth is not a big deal. This could be genetic. I know someone like this and he never even had a cavity in his life. Bad table manners could be a different story, though. If he was rude to a server, nope, not acceptable. If he had his elbows on the table, I can overlook petty things. Please don't tell me he's past the age of 10 and chews with his mouth open.

I need to add that my husband eats incredibly fast, big huge bites. I don't even know how he's able to enjoy his food eating that fast. But he said in the military, he leaned to eat super fast because so many times he was rushed.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Let us know how the second date goes!
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I only date married women
  • thereshegoesagain
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Let us know how the second date goes!

He's coming over for Christmas dinner to meet some of my friends!
  • thereshegoesagain
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I had a coffee date this morning. It went so well that we walked to the market and bought a bag of carrots to feed to some horses and goats which were about a 2 mile walk away. After that, we decided to go to brunch together. He's funny, a gentleman, even sang to me as we slow danced for the horses.
    But once we were sitting across from each other, I noticed he's missing several of his front lower teeth and he has horrible table manners.
    Am I shallow for thinking these are deal breakers? How can I tactfully bring up these things without being judgemental?
    We had great dynamics, but I don't know if I can deal with these issues.
    Your thoughts please.

I need to add that my husband eats incredibly fast, big huge bites. I don't even know how he's able to enjoy his food eating that fast. But he said in the military, he leaned to eat super fast because so many times he was rushed.

Eating big, huge bites is exactly what he does, it grosses me out. But he was in the Navy so maybe your explanation is why. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I hope you two have a great time!
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I’m happy to hear it went well. I hope it continues to go well!