Personal trainer says I gained 9 pounds of muscle in less than two months?

Options
2»

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Never mind that personal trainer and his x - ray vision. How do you feel? Are you happy and content? Relaxed and a better person inside and out? If so, your family / work colleagues have noticed (or not) and will comment accordingly. A trainer is here to make money off you to support his own life style - obviously he will tell you what you want to hear, just keep on paying!
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have him as a trainer until March, I signed a contract with him... I feel my program looks good, I do two upper, two lower, one cardio, and one yoga day a week. I might try and rein in my calories at maintenance until then.

I know the plan I am following is not perfect but it doesn't matter since I'm a beginner. Plus I enjoy what I am doing and consistency (and form) will always trump a perfect program. Good luck and please report back what you do and the results! I am an inch shorter than you and was around the same weight before I started so I am curious. I hope you fall in love with lifting.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    OP I’m not a programming expert but I don’t think all is lost. As a newbie to resistance training almost any programme will work as long as you can keep adding weight to the bar. He may not be the best trainer in the world but that does not necessarily mean he is trying to rip you off.

Can you get out of the contract or have you paid all up front?

If you can’t get out of the contract I would carry on with his programme and in the meantime do your own research into post novice programmes for when you finish with him. There’s a thread at the top of this forum with a lot of free programmes including some intermediate ones.
  • joshdoucette84
    joshdoucette84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You couldn’t gain 9 pounds of pure muscle in two years