What was the best holiday food you ate this week?

Options

Replies

• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »

Yes it's rare to have it for us so really it's a little special but like I said I did get it at a very good price. Guess I should go let him know it was lovely. It's only the second time ever I got a whole leg.

You absolutely should! + I’m sure he’ll be delighted to hear that :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a sweet than savory person. The white chocolate macadamian homemade cookies, lemon squares I made, and chocolate from Germany was the tastiest. Scalloped potatoes were pretty good too.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options

Growing up, my dads side is Sicilian and Italian. This looks like what my Aunt made plus she made more... Holiday or not Iwould not touch it anymore! Lol
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 465 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    My SIL made a salad which I loved as I was starved for veggies after 3 days at my mothers place.
    Other than that: Our dessert My husband made the vanilla icecream, I made the Panforte and the fruits was just the perfect balance (Dragonfruit passionfruit and some raspberry coulis The bits on the icecream is homemade candied orange and lemon people that are also in the Panfrote k4v6pnxmq0vp.png

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    My mom's homemade chocolate chip peppermint cookies. Imagine two soft double chocolate cookies with a peppermint patty stuffed inside. It was amazing!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    Roast goose feels so Dickensian.
    d3ekofx568s6.jpeg

• Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bacon stuffing
  • goatg
    edited December 2019
    Options
    On mobile. Did my picture not post?
    isylbyfo02ti.jpeg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Christmas isn't a crazy feast day in my house like Thanksgiving is. Christmas Eve we always have posole and tamales. We had an egg bake casserole thing my wife made Christmas morning while the kids unwrapped presents. We had people over around 2 in the afternoon and laid out a variety of Italian meats and smoked salmon. We had Christmas dinner around 5 PM...ham with cranberry glaze, mushroom risotto, and roasted brussels sprouts.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    sweetbe44 wrote: »
    Stuffing and my friend’s pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

Same here! The stuffing and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies plus I'll add my prime rib turned out perfectly!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Little smokies, wrapped in bacon, sprinkled with brown sugar and then baked. So unbelievably delicious!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    I bought a whole leg of jamón ibérico de bellota at a good price since I know the shop owner. It was amazing. Not too salty at all. Just right. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Omg. That is SO expensive!! Wow, I bet everyone loved you. That is *the* best ham
    I bought a whole leg of jamón ibérico de bellota at a good price since I know the shop owner. It was amazing. Not too salty at all. Just right. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Omg. That is SO expensive!! Wow, I bet everyone loved you. That is *the* best ham

Yes it's rare to have it for us so really it's a little special but like I said I did get it at a very good price. Guess I should go let him know it was lovely. It's only the second time ever I got a whole leg.

How much was it by chance?? Did you order online?
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    We didn't do traditional Christmas this year, but the week before we (my parents, myself and my BF) were in Mexico at an all inclusive resort. So basically buffets as big as Texas.

For breakfast they had these apple turnover things that I think I ate my weight in.

One night it was Asian Themed and I ate so much I basically felt like heck and retired to my room by 8pm. OHHHHH So good. I'd be so overweight if I lived in Thailand and had my current US Salary - Noodles and Rice and yummy sauces.

Oddly enough I only gained 3.2lbs, 2 of that is already gone since weighing Sunday. Totally worth it.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Apple pie
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    #1 Maple Cream Pie followed closely by #2 Peanut Butter Bars topped with creamy peanut butter frosting. Complete sweet tooth here. :(
    Oh and on the cheese/cracker/fruit tray I included a round of Brie, topped with brown sugar, maple syrup and rasp. jam wrapped in puff pastry. That was good too. :blush:
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    A very tiny one-bite sized red velvet cupcake. I could have had 10.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

How much was it by chance?? Did you order online?

I have no idea what it was supposed to cost since there was no price on it but quite a lot. No I didn't get it online.
  • goatg
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    #1 Maple Cream Pie followed closely by #2 Peanut Butter Bars topped with creamy peanut butter frosting. Complete sweet tooth here. :(
    Oh and on the cheese/cracker/fruit tray I included a round of Brie, topped with brown sugar, maple syrup and rasp. jam wrapped in puff pastry. That was good too. :blush:

I’ve never even heard of a maple cream pie! It sounds delicious
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    h998a8ib3s7a.png
    butternut squash brussels sprouts apple pecans dried cranberries and sourdough cubes
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I made latkes this evening which were very good with leftover cranberry apple sauce. Tonight will be sufganiyah (a jelly filled doughnut often eaten on Hanukkah) number two. I had one the other day that had raspberry jam and this one will have apricot jelly. I didn't make either of them because I really don't need to make a bunch of doughnuts nor do I have any desire to buy enough oil to make doughnuts.