Bigger is better ?

Replies

• DarrenGreens10
    DarrenGreens10 Posts: 30 Member
    Good

Good reply’s I’m not trolling and I don’t discuss the gym most bodybuilders have no personality I’m much more imaginative and have many interest I never discuss gym doesn’t excite me I love lifting heavy and as a result from lifting I gained some muscle big deal.

My hands are big and extremely wide thick my fingers etc. when I shake hands people comment on it

But

my point is I’ve tried and tried chatting with women doing most the conversation as some just again are very bland in reply’s no excitement however some have clicked but from what I notice just actually being a bigger guy seems somewhat of a turn of even if your personality is amazing or whatever

main sites are tinder pof so probably why it hadn’t worked out the best lol
  • DarrenGreens10
    DarrenGreens10 Posts: 30 Member
    I don’t fully judge women on looks ideally someone who keeps fit but nobody who’s complete obsessed don’t like that tbh so probably picky
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    @_Miss_chievous_
    Oh Gawd... I'm just laughing so hard. I got nothing.

same girllllllllllll :D
  • mi_nina_lola
    in reply to OP : i've been married for 31 years to the same man who is 6'3" with a swimmer build. i've dated men before him who were super buff, heavy, skinny , shorter, taller, less handsome, more handsome, less intelligent, more intelligent!

the bottom line is though - personality, the ability to make me laugh, manners, intelligence, compassion, and a generous heart are more of a turn on to me than looks. when you get to be my age, looks are superficial. what's critical never fades imho.

*oh and he has an accent. that was the golden key - oops :D *
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Good

Good reply’s I’m not trolling and I don’t discuss the gym most bodybuilders have no personality I’m much more imaginative and have many interest I never discuss gym doesn’t excite me I love lifting heavy and as a result from lifting I gained some muscle big deal.

My hands are big and extremely wide thick my fingers etc. when I shake hands people comment on it

But

my point is I’ve tried and tried chatting with women doing most the conversation as some just again are very bland in reply’s no excitement however some have clicked but from what I notice just actually being a bigger guy seems somewhat of a turn of even if your personality is amazing or whatever

Try Bumble. I bet you will get better results on there. POF has a lot of fake profiles and sex bots.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    in reply to OP : i've been married for 31 years to the same man who is 6'3" with a swimmer build. i've dated men before him who were super buff, heavy, skinny , shorter, taller, less handsome, more handsome, less intelligent, more intelligent!

the bottom line is though - personality, the ability to make me laugh, manners, intelligence, compassion, and a generous heart are more of a turn on to me than looks. when you get to be my age, looks are superficial. what's critical never fades imho.

Hmmm....an accent you say....i have a tinge of a swedish accent ;) and im also a mixture of every good/bad trait a man can have ;)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Good

But

I just read the last part where you’re finding these chicks online, get off of that garbage! Online is mostly where the socially awkward people are at, hello. That’s why the conversations are bland.

Get off the sites, your problem will be solved fast.

Everyone I’ve ever met was through a friend or a friend of a friend.. the mall even, my last dude I found at a Portuguese parade. We were eyeing each other and bam. Go out and spark a convo.

• mi_nina_lola
    bojack5 wrote: »

Hmmm....an accent you say....i have a tinge of a swedish accent ;) and im also a mixture of every good/bad trait a man can have ;)

swedish is not your first language - papi - however everything else is a possiblity ;)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member

Your accent is not Swedish. You can’t fool a Swede!

• Pupnuzz
    Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    plot twist; every female on earth over 25 is taken. I’m apprehensive myself, I don’t see many “single and interested” ladies

Come to New Zealand then haha
  • mi_nina_lola
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Your accent is not Swedish. You can’t fool a Swede!

with all due respect beautiful - you are so not a swede :smiley:
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    edited December 2019
    Posted too early cause I don’t know how to internet.

• RunnerGirl238
    Also, curve ball: anyone who says they aren’t into looks is lying. We are mammals. 100% of us are into looks;however, the looks we are attracted to differ greatly. Bigger will be better for some and not others.
  • RunnerGirl238
    edited December 2019
    Hahahaha so not a popular opinion, huh? Why the disagreement? I’m interested. Biology usually dictates this stuff. We search for suitable partners based on really chemical and biological reactions and that is connected to what we see. Debate time: let’s go!
  • jenTucker11
    jenTucker11 Posts: 10 Member
    I have to agree with @RunnerGirl238.....we are all animals and physically attracted to a certain type of person. Looks, smells, mannerisms...and when people physically change over time, well...sometimes love is there but attraction fades. Love is what separates us from animals....but that really is the only difference.
  • Pupnuzz
    Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
    Well. I prefer personality over looks and have gone with people who wouldn't typically be my "type" because of said personality.
    So no, I don't think "everyone" is focused on looks.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Also, curve ball: anyone who says they aren’t into looks is lying. We are mammals. 100% of us are into looks;however, the looks we are attracted to differ greatly. Bigger will be better for some and not others.

I knew a guy several years ago who was catfished by a girl in a chatroom where I was a moderator, which was devoted to a particular online game. This happened much earlier in the history of the internet when the average internet user was less sophisticated and there wasn’t even a word for cat-fishing yet. The girl stole a bunch of photos from a model’s personal page and emailed them to the guy at regular intervals claiming they were her. They chatted round the clock. He said were In love; he believed they were soulmates. Eventually things progressed to the point that he wanted to meet face to face. She freaked out and ghosted him. However, she eventually returned and agreed to a visit; he flew cross country to meet her. It turned out her reluctance to meet was due to her having severe facial and spinal deformities. He dropped into the chatroom to share the truth and explode about how he had been duped and he couldn’t believe he had been so stupid. He wanted to know if we could ban her from the service.

We didn’t hear from either one of them for a while after that. When we did hear from them again, they were married. It took him all of two days to come around and realize he understood and forgave her reasons for concealing her true appearance and that it didn’t matter to him, because she was still the person whose words he had fallen in love with.

True story. Really! Not a Lifetime movie.

Almost everyone is into looks as a first impression; however, some people are able to look beyond them, given sufficient motivation. Personally I don’t think I could ever look beyond severe facial deformities, but a lot of people with them are in relationships and married, and I don’t think it’s because they managed to find the one in a million person who is attracted to their specific condition. It’s because they found someone who is attracted to the rest of them.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Hahahaha so not a popular opinion, huh? Why the disagreement? I’m interested. Biology usually dictates this stuff. We search for suitable partners based on really chemical and biological reactions and that is connected to what we see. Debate time: let’s go!

I will own my disagree for the sake of your curiosity.

I disagree with you because in EVERY relationship I have had, it was never once dictated by what they looked like. Their personality or humor is what drew me into their presence (sometimes to my detriment). I have not been one to be gravitated to a person's looks and maybe that's because I think so poorly of myself that physical traits don't play into my attraction factor at all.

Now do I notice things I find admirable or attractive (in general) on people on the street? Sure, but that doesn't persuade or encourage me to engage them in conversation or even give them the time of day.

I get that I might be an outlier, though. I dunno.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    edited December 2019

You weren't kidding.

I agree with your statement though. Maybe people don't want to feel like they are vain? Makes them feel less than if admitting that looks play a part (not all) in attraction? Whatever reasoning they have for disagreeing with you, That's on them. And this might sound very assumptious of me but most of us dont see ourselves in a great light and try to the others in a deeper sense that physically, that's the last thing they see.