• fuzzylop_
    fuzzylop_ Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Maybe 25-30 or so
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Put a bowl on the scale. Set scale to grams and zero. Add cashews until the scale reads 50g. Count the cashews.

Last step isn’t essential because you have the 50g.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This ...... the only way to be sure is weigh your food on a food scale.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Cashew sizes are pretty variable so it would be best to get them on a scale:

Cashew-nuts-types-Cashew-Kernels-grades-natureloc.png
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    How many cashews would be in 50grams?

Not enough! :neutral:

If you want to know the weight of something - weigh it, don't substitute other methods of estimating volume or numbers or sizes.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    How many cashews would be in 50grams?

There should be some sort of measurement on the package. I found with walnuts that I was cheating myself if I used the cup measurement, in other words, 1/4 C was supposed to be 28 g but 1/4 C actually weighs less than that.

Get a food scale and you will never have to ask this question again plus you won't have to wash measuring cups ;)
  • emileysmom14
    emileysmom14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I do have a food scale. Unfortunately the batteries died and i didnt have any for it and I was craving cashews! I opted for 30 and stopped.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I do have a food scale. Unfortunately the batteries died and i didnt have any for it and I was craving cashews! I opted for 30 and stopped.

Since it’s a one-time deal, estimating is just fine! (:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,091 Member
    Options
    I think cashews are mostly about the same size - at least the bought in packets ones are here.

And although I have and use a food scale at home, , knowing how many gm is useful for out and about estimating- eg if I know 1 cashew weighs 2 gm on average, then if I eat a few at a party or a work do, I can estimate fairly well how much that would weigh and thus how many calories