Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Just for Wednesday
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. WATER and DECAF TEA :)
    3. Lymphatic massage x2 :#I did it once which is better than not at all!
    4. knee exercises :sNope. I actually watched Survivor and went straight to bed afterward.
    5. Gentle chair yoga :s
    6. 30 minutes intentional activity :s
    7. De-clutter bedroom closet - hanging clothes :s
    8. Gratitude journal :) / inspirational readings :) / early to bed and lights out at 10 :) / get up with alarm in morning :)

Not a great day yesterday as far as my goals went, but I did honestly have an exhausting day and instead of walking after work, my mom asked me to come over for a visit so I did that instead. It's such a weird feeling to have her living so close! We haven't lived near each other, or even in the same state, for over 20-some years! And when we did live in the same city, we did not get along and really didn't speak to each other much...long story. Anyway, this is going to take some getting used to, but in a good way! :heart:

We are working hard to train and test equipment so our providers can see patients via virtual video visits now that all non-emergent office visits are being kept very minimal. It's a great tool, but it's crazy busy right now! I'm not complaining, because I'm grateful to still be working and doing it from home, but I must say I'm tired and my *kitten* is sore from sitting 0n this hard dining room chair! :mrgreen:

@mytime6630 The health organization I work for sent out an email today stating we are now taking donations of cloth masks like you are making and we have bins set strategically around town. So, I hope you know how thankful your medical personnel in your area are going to be for yours! I'm going to try making some this weekend. I suck at the sewing machine, so we'll see how it goes. But I'm going to at least try. You're doing a wonderful thing.
    HUGS to you and prayers (as always) for you, your husband, daughter, son and his family! xxoo P.S. LOVE the back yard too! I can't wait to see flowers bloom here!

@TerriRichardson112 You are truly talented! I was also really struck by the poem that went with the Humans picture. You really have a flair for writing, as well as painting! Thanks for sharing. Made me smile for probably the first time today!

@beachwalker99 If I lived near a beach, that would be my happy place also! Anywhere by water is my happy place actually...water soothes my soul. Enjoy that beauty and know I'm up here in frozen state of Wisconsin feeling envious! :wink:

Just for Thursday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. WATER and DECAF TEA
    3. Lymphatic massage x2
    4. knee exercises
    5. Gentle chair yoga
    6. 30 minutes intentional activity
    7. De-clutter,10 minutes
    8. Gratitude journal / inspirational readings / early to bed and lights out at 10 / get up with alarm in morning

WOTY: Persistence

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀

Thursday Action Plan
    1. Wake at 0615, pill, shower, pill😀
    2. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk😀
    3. On computer, video ready at 0650😀—even better, turned it into a walking meeting. Talked with my colleague while I walked the block.
    4. Healthy breakfast at desk: yogurt+almond crunch😀
    5. Lunch: pork tenderloin or family left overs😀
    6. 530pm: run, abs, yoga😀
    7. Dinner = salad + family food😀
    8. Do a load of laundry 😀
    9. Meditate😀
    10. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30🤨—not quite, but earlier than previous nights

Bunny Goal: 30 minutes of exercise or else 10k steps each day
    March 19,20,21,22,23,24,26,27,28,29,
    30,31, Apr 1,2
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    🐰🐰🐰🐰

Pretty much hit all my goals today except bedtime. Got in 3 different exercise sessions—walking call, 40 minutes stationery bike during a call, and then my planned run after work. Yet the scale is not budging despite staying green for calories, I’m not snacking extra, I’m drinking my water. I weigh and measure breakfast and lunch...dinner is more guesstimating because my husband/kids make the food. Frustrated but I’ll stick with my habits. I am getting more fit, at least I appreciate that.

Depressing getting the updates from our physicians about conditions in the New York and Italian hospitals, from friends who are asked to go in even if they are in another specialty but there’s no PPE for them, etc. And then hospitals in other states and countries that have maybe 3 COVID patients total. The arguments we have trying to figure out what we’re doing next at work seem so puddly in comparison to the horrors these people are facing.

I am grateful to every health care professional out there risking their own health, their own family, to fight for the lives of others. Words can’t express what we owe you.

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Friday Action Plan
    1. Wake at 0700, pill,pets,
    2. Hang laundry, pill
    3. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk
    4. Walking 1:1 at 8am
    5. Set out Healthy breakfast at desk: yogurt + GoLean
    6. On computer, video ready at 0900
    7. Lunch= salad + pot roast
    8. squats + dumbbell row, +abs, yoga
    9. Dinner = salad + family food
    10. Meditate
    11. Upstairs by 10, journal, lights out 10: 30
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    Kuhl50 wrote: »
    qwhte6w8jvrc.jpeg
    4nymrgp4xzwe.jpeg
    zena307jhwi2.jpeg
    Some pictures from after my evening run to brighten your day.

They're so pretty!! I'd love to do
    Photography. What sort of camera do you have? X
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    qwhte6w8jvrc.jpeg
    4nymrgp4xzwe.jpeg
    zena307jhwi2.jpeg

@Kuhl50 thank you for sharing. They're beautiful.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Thursday goals
    Stay green..✅
    Easy trainer ride if get home before 7✅

Was happy to slide a workout in yesterday
    Today is a rest day. Aim for green but will forgive myself if I don’t
    No more than 2 beers if I have them

I’m supposed to be on vacation after today. With Covid I may have to cut that short. We had cancelled our plans anyway so the only thing I’ll be missing is Netflix with the family.

Will see how it goes. But happy it’s Friday
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    HEY! HEY! HEY! GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
    IT'S A MOOOO DAY. I hope your tickle bone got that.😅😀 FEEL THE LUB...❤❤❤
    HERE'S HOPING ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES.
    WOULD IT be asking too much if my friends on my friend's list would respond and let me know if you're alright? My prayers are with and for everyone whether my friend or not.

Next: Does anyone have some creative ideas to share on entertaining children inside the home and burning some much needed energy? The children in our household are constantly saying they're bored and they have allergies, so with the pollen being so heavy right now, outdoors is almost completely off the play list. I would love to get some good feedback on this. THANKS IN ADVANCE

JFT FRIDAY
    UP AND TOOK PHILLIP TO WORK
    BACK HOME AND DO FOOD PREP AND MAKE SMOOTHIES
    DISHES
    BREAKFAST
    PUT AWAY LAUNDRY FROM YESTERDAY
    READ
    MAKE MEATLOAF FOR PHILLIP
    PICK PHILLIP UP AT 3:00
    BACK HOME FOR SOME WALKING
    DINNER BY 7
    LOG OUT AND BED BY 10
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY:
    - Log food🟢
    - Exercise🟢
    - Stay green🟢
    - Homeschool🟢
    - Zoom 2 classes🟢
    - Laundry🟢
    - Dishes🟢
    - Begin organizing girl’s drawers🔴

Pretty good on goals, but didn’t start organizing drawers. The rain held up enough for a walk. I did a 3.5 mile walk in the neighborhood and once I got back I kept walking around my house while the kids played. I ended up doing 7miles at a 13min pace. Felt great and made it much easier to stay green!

JFT FRIDAY: more of the same...
    - Log
    - Stay green
    - Exercise
    - Homeschool
    - Laundry
    - Dishes
    - Fill our paperwork for middle school transition
    - Organize drawers

Bunny challenge: 10k steps in nice weather or an indoor workout when I can’t get outside
    March 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    April 2
    🐰

Be well💕
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options

Next: Does anyone have some creative ideas to share on entertaining children inside the home and burning some much needed energy? The children in our household are constantly saying they're bored and they have allergies, so with the pollen being so heavy right now, outdoors is almost completely off the play list. I would love to get some good feedback on this. THANKS IN ADVANCE
    . Here's a couple of ideas that have been proposed in a local on-line group ---
    Using the cardboard tube from a used roll of toilet paper, have the kids make cars, trucks, farm equipment ... using the tubes, paint, toys, etc ... using their imaginations.
    a899apnh114o.png
    a6t8q2y2ujny.png
    43koe8nvi41s.png
    Here's a link to a site that is a virtual drawing class. It also has links to other things that you can do with kids to help them stay engaged and involved in something creative.
    https://www.scarymommy.com/dav-pilkey-captain-underpants-will-host-virtual-drawing-classes-kids/?utm_source=FB&fbclid=IwAR1eWWgSXC6InClXTByJ7-re5Q_W37SNevdTxM2iJEB66ORYn-9-q2rY3uE
    Good Luck. I'm sure it's really challenging juggling all you have to do during this very stressful situation. Sending prayers and blessings. Regards, Cesse o:)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    qwhte6w8jvrc.jpeg
    4nymrgp4xzwe.jpeg
    zena307jhwi2.jpeg

Those are so pretty! I love the deep purple of the Irises! You must live somewhere really warm to have roses budding already! Thank you for sharing :smile:
  • Kuhl50
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

They're so pretty!! I'd love to do
    Photography. What sort of camera do you have? X

Hi—those are from my iPhone11 which I carry on my walks/runs. I used the “portrait” mode which brings a nice focus on the main subject and softens the background. I love playing around with it—seems like it helps anyone take nice photos!
  • Kuhl50
    Options
    qwhte6w8jvrc.jpeg
    4nymrgp4xzwe.jpeg
    zena307jhwi2.jpeg

Those are so pretty! I love the deep purple of the Irises! You must live somewhere really warm to have roses budding already! Thank you for sharing :smile:

You’re welcome! Yes I live in California south of San Francisco. After lots of rain for the first week of “Shelter in Place” it’s turned brilliantly sunny for a short while (more rain next few days)...but still cold...to me...high of 60! 🥶 😂
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Recap R 4/2 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if I have to) / 5 somethings (mostly forgetting) = Fitbit 18,358 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 32 floors :smiley:
    2) Net calories green / 14c water = Net cals -5 :smiley: sodium -257 :) sugar -20 :neutral: fiber ok :) protein low-ish :neutral: 14c water
    3) Work at home :)
    4) Walk with dog = Mostly sunny, temps in upper 50s & gorgeous day to be outside ~ virtual Badger State Brewing 10K 1:44:16 with dog ave. pace 16:33 not my usual race pace but not used to walking a 10K with my dog and no other participants ~ happy, tired dog & happy me B)
    5) Floss :) / retainers :)

JFT F 4/3 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings
    2) Net calories green / 14c water
    3) Work at home / Facebook Live meeting at noon / weekly status updates
    4) Walk dog & enjoy new chalk art in driveways
    5) Floss / retainers

Struggling at times to keep faith above anxiety. Not helped by layoff plans at work and all related unknowns. Truly, just one day at a time. Keep looking for the positive!

🐰Let’s get Hop! Hop! Hopping!🐰
    🐰Hit your Daily Step Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰
    Name: Carmela
    My daily bunny goal is 10,000 steps even though that's a stretch on rest or x-training days. Will be interesting to see total steps, hourly steps & floors, now that I'm not working in my third floor office.
    Daily Step Goal: 10,000
    March 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 30, 31 [10X]
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰
    April 1, 2 [2X]
    🐰🐰

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom Apr.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • defiant63
    defiant63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Kuhl50- beautiful flowers. They make me smile. My crocuses were a bed of purple and white but nothing else is out here yet. Tulip trees and cherry blossoms just starting. I live in BC

How do you hide something in the ‘spoiler’. Just curious.

Karen, BC
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth.
    3. AM run: 5 miles. Call Z. Grading: dark green folder, narratives.
    4. More digging for the garden. Aim for one more row. PIZZA?
    5. Write and publish a blog post. Read 50 pages of The God of Small Things. Update Goodreads.
    6. Color! Dinner: bibimbap.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Update Goodreads. Yoga with core/balance work. Email B. Email student.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    Today: 193.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. Got through my grading yesterday and overall quite pleased with progress on the garden.
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    4/2
    1) Log Food - yes
    2) Yoga - yes
    3) Run - yes
    4) Walk - yes

4/3
    1) Log food
    2) Yoga
    3) Core work out