Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

1290291292293294296Β»

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,036 Member
    It's officially new year now here in the UK!
    So HAPPY NEW YEAR πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 29 December

I met yesterday’s goals 😊

Log 😊
    Stay in the green πŸ‘Ώ too much 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾
    5 fruit and veg πŸ‘Ώ
    Water πŸ‘Ώ
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊. Trend ↔️ 0.3 gained in last 7 days.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2021
    β„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈ
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY ⛄️❄️
    β„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈβ˜ƒοΈβ„οΈ
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to β€˜talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! πŸ˜‚
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! πŸ˜‚)
      Jun: +0.2[c]
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      1 Oct: 149.2
      15 Dec: 146.9
      December Daily Goals: Week 5
      Tues: βœ… Wed: βœ… Thu: βœ…
      Fri: βœ… Sat: βœ… Sun: βœ… Mon:

Weight < 150: βœ…
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      1 Oct: 149.2
      18 Oct: 147.2
      24 Oct: 146.0
      Reduce Fat%: βœ… 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
      Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
      Calories in the green
      Steps > 7500 βœ…
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ…
      Active hours > 6 daily βœ…

Positive intentions: βœ…
      • Meditation βœ…
      • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice βœ…
      • Work on 2021 goals βœ… ongoing
      • Sort out tax docs βœ… passed on to DYD
      • Family Skype βœ…
      • Daily Chores βœ…
      • Puzzles βœ…
      • Watch TV βœ… Read βœ…

Terri πŸ¦„
    • damselfly7981
      damselfly7981 Posts: 110 Member
      JFT
      1. journal 5 minutes
      2.deep breathing routine
      3. 30 min exercise
      4. bed before 10
    • clicketykeys
      clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
      JFT Wednesday
      1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
      2. Class prep.
      3. Planning: Call parents. Grade late work. Set 2 of lifts. Shoot Zootopia video.
      4. Lunch: Soup. Buy Hood Feminism and New Jim Crow? Re-read "Shooting an Elephant."
      5. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed; college rec.
      6. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 3 of lifts. Strength/yoga. Book group!
      7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery.
      8. Shower. Shoot HQ video and send. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Reinforce patch on jeans.
      9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
      End of 2017: 174.6
      End of 2018: 189.2
      End of 2019: 196.4
      End of 2020: 187.4
      Today: 190.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
      1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
      2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
      3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
      4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
      5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
      6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. When is re-up with ortho? Schedule PCP for same day.
      7. Theater: ???
      8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
      9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
      10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
      11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
      12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
      13. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: squats, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
    • cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,441 Member
      JFT Wednesday
      1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
      2. Class prep.
      3. Planning: Call parents. Grade late work. Set 2 of lifts. Shoot Zootopia video.
      4. Lunch: Soup. Buy Hood Feminism and New Jim Crow? Re-read "Shooting an Elephant."
      6. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 3 of lifts. Strength/yoga. Book group!
      7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery.
      8. Shower. Shoot HQ video and send. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Reinforce patch on jeans.
      9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals

1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
      2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
      3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
      4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
      5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
      6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. When is re-up with ortho? Schedule PCP for same day.
      7. Theater: ???
      9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
      10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
      12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
      13. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: squats, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.

Loving your WFTY & rationale! Btw there's a new thread for 2021 at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819491/just-for-today-daily-commitment-thread-for-2021#latest
    • clicketykeys
      JFT Thursday
      2. Class prep. Review / update Unit 1. College rec reply email. Meeting 10 AM!
      3. Planning: Call parents. Grade bonus work. Set 2 of lifts. Shoot Dear Abby video.
      4. Lunch: Egg Salad. Buy Hood Feminism and New Jim Crow? Pride & Prejudice notes.
      6. Evening: S&F script. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 3 of lifts. Strength/yoga.
      8. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Reinforce patch on jeans.

Scale goals
      Today: 190.4

4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
      6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
      7. Theater: Little Princess.
      12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
      13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
      14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Really, REALLY grateful that students don't return until next week. Thinking about how I'm going to start the term when we're surrounded by such turmoil and uncertainty.
      Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
    • mytime6630
      mytime6630 Posts: 4,172 Member
      edited January 2021

I started a new JFT thread for 2021 ... so hope you can again join us there! Thought with the way 2020 was ... nice to have a fresh start!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819491/just-for-today-daily-commitment-thread-for-2021#latest
    • clicketykeys
      JFT Thursday
      2. Class prep. Review / update Unit 1. College rec reply email. Meeting 9:30 AM!
      3. Planning: Contact parents. Recalculate grades. Set 2 of lifts.
      4. Lunch: Dutch baby. Buy Hood Feminism and New Jim Crow? Pride & Prejudice notes.
      5. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed; college rec. S&F script.
      6. Evening: Livestream; Dispossessed notes. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 3 of lifts. Strength/yoga.
      8. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Reinforce patch on jeans.

Scale goals

4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
      6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
      12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
      13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
      14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Nervous about my revisions to the research unit and starting with that. But trying to work on it halfway through the term meant it almost didn't happen. And students NEED help with understanding informational texts and how to evaluate sources and synthesize information and provide their own response.
      Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
      [/quote]

• clicketykeys
      JFT Saturday
      1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
      2. Take recycling.
      3. Pick up book from library. Donate clothes. Get groceries.
      4. Lunch: Sushi. Buy Hood Feminism and New Jim Crow? Pride & Prejudice notes.
      5. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. S&F script. Short run.
      6. Evening: Dispossessed notes. Set 3 of lifts.
      8. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.

Scale goals
      Today: 192.2

WFTY: Persistence. Whoops! Yesterday was Friday, not Thursday. Ah well. Lots of errands today, and maybe time for a short run? It's gonna be chilly, so it'll be tough to get myself to DO IT.