Keto recipes

otwobme28
otwobme28 Posts: 1 Member
Any good keto recipes on here? I’m new to the app and trying to lose 90lbs I just got done building a gym in my basement and now it’s time to start using it but I want to combine it with keto

Replies

• thompsontarab
    thompsontarab Posts: 1 Member
    There are a few low-carb recipes on MFP. Maria Emmerich has some awesome books you can purchase digitally or hard copy that explain the science of Keto and offer some great recipes. I have her comfort foods and instant pot cook book. They are the best I've seen so far. Beware of Pinterest as not all things are credible. Good luck! You can do this! 💪
  • oliver1118
    oliver1118 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m also getting started looking to loose 50 lbs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    dietdoctor.com .....ruled.me....ibreatheimhungry.com are a few I used in the past ...now I use keto cookbooks that I bought from Amazon
  • Mov3mor3
    Mov3mor3 Posts: 96 Member
    I like Alabama white BBQ sauce. I'm not sure if it is on here, but there are plenty of recipes online. Not like a regular BBQ sauce, but it is good on BBQ meats in my opinion.
  • sarcstk1inct
    sarcstk1inct Posts: 14 Member
    I started keto with intermittent fasting and one cheat meal every 14 days about 4 weeks ago.... and I am on the hunt for a good keto recipe for bread.

Honestly, since being on keto, bread is the only thing I miss. I tried the ZeroNetCarb bread, and though it's ok, I was hoping for something softer or flaky that can be toasted. I have the WarriorMade keto carb cookbook, which has some awesome recipes, but the "Basic white bread" is DENSE. I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions, on either a recipe or a product....
  • FinelyFermented
    FinelyFermented Posts: 100 Member
    Honestly you're going to have to wrap your brain around the idea of meats, cheese and green veggies to stay consistent. We sub in some low carb wraps and occasionally a keto muffin, but the staples have to stay the same.
  • sarcstk1inct
    Honestly you're going to have to wrap your brain around the idea of meats, cheese and green veggies to stay consistent. We sub in some low carb wraps and occasionally a keto muffin, but the staples have to stay the same.

I have been sticking to keto, and other than my "cheat meal", which I follow by a fast, staying away from any complex carbs.

When I allow myself a cheat meal, I have still kept it below 30g carbs total for the day and stayed in ketosis. ( Allowed myself one slice of thin crust, and went for dry wings for the rest.) But I know from experience that deprivation of a craving is usually what breaks many people off their diet/life style change. I don't do sugar, no sodas (gave them up a year ago), no juices, and I don't miss them at all... but my one weakness has always been bread. So if I can find one that won't take me over the edge and satisfies that occasional urge for a piece of toast with my eggs, awesome. If not, I will move forward without... but no harm in trying :smiley:
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Try recipes from ambitious kitchen.
  • sarcstk1inct
    Try recipes from ambitious kitchen.

Thank you! I will check it out.
  • Barbsunshine7
    Barbsunshine7 Posts: 2,693 Member
    I started keto with intermittent fasting and one cheat meal every 14 days about 4 weeks ago.... and I am on the hunt for a good keto recipe for bread.

Honestly, since being on keto, bread is the only thing I miss. I tried the ZeroNetCarb bread, and though it's ok, I was hoping for something softer or flaky that can be toasted. I have the WarriorMade keto carb cookbook, which has some awesome recipes, but the "Basic white bread" is DENSE. I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions, on either a recipe or a product....

I haven't made this yet but a friend of mine loves it! https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a24749186/cloud-oopsie-bread-recipe/
  • sarcstk1inct

I haven't made this yet but a friend of mine loves it! https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a24749186/cloud-oopsie-bread-recipe/

Thanks! I will check it out....
  • 12estump
    12estump Posts: 13 Member
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/creamy-keto-shrimp-tacos

you will immediatly fall in love with how delicious these are! (side note: use 1/2 cup of mayo instead of 1 cup)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I would look on Pinterest
  • cowboyup83
    cowboyup83 Posts: 2 Member
    otwobme28 wrote: »
    Any good keto recipes on here? I’m new to the app and trying to lose 90lbs I just got done building a gym in my basement and now it’s time to start using it but I want to combine it with keto

Keto Diet Recipe app on play store has thousands of useful recipes from breakfast to sweet treats. Been using it a while.
  • pence429
    pence429 Posts: 28 Member
    Have you tried chaffles? Super easy to make and endless varieties.