Pear Shaped Women - Skinny jeans?

Options

Replies

• ThePoppyFox
    Options
    I am also pear shaped and I wear skinny jeans all the time. I haven't ever had a problem finding ones that fit. Everyone has a different body shape even if we are pear shaped, you just have to find ones that are right for you.
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I always buy them in a stretch fabric (only way to get them over my massive knees), wear them with trainers, boots, hiking boots, flip flops, whatever - I have short legs and chunky thighs I don't care any more ;-)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I love skinny jeans on me, BECAUSE they emphasize my hips and *kitten*.

Yeah, sometimes they don't fit right, but that goes for any clothing style and any body shape. The princess has to kiss a lot of frogs to find her prince, and I have to try on a lot of jeans to find ones that fit right.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I think skinny jeans only look good on people who don't have any hips or gluts or quads. Otherwise, they make you look like a horse from behind. Sorry, everyone, but it's true.

I toooooootally disagree! Hips thighs and booty are part of being a woman, why would showing that shape be a bad thing. I have no hips whatsoever and skinnies look awful on me, I don't want to look straight up & down! I would kill for some hips so pear shaped ladies rock on with your skinnies!
  • AutumnRed84
    AutumnRed84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think just like any article of clothing you have to find the right size, material and brand for your body. I am pear shaped and I love my skinny jeans!!!! I wear them all the time!! In fact I have stopped buying other cuts of jeans. I find them very flattering. I have very wide hips, a flat butt, smaller waist, and thinner legs. I wear them with tunics, cardigans, lose fit tops, tighter tops, sandals, boots, and flats. They really are so versatile!! I have tried on so many different brands and I prefer Silvers and the old style of jeggings from Maurices. They both have stretch in them and are so flattering and actually make it look like I have a butt! I feel sexy in them and to me how I feel in my clothes is the most important factor. If skinny jeans create a muffin top then you have the wrong size or cut, but just like any clothing if it causes muffin top than it doesn't fit and you need to try a different size or cut. Each brand's style is cut differently. I also love to wear pencil skirts and just recently purchased a peplum dress. I tried on so many different peplum skirts, dresses, and tops until I found one I loved. So my advice to anyone is to just keep trying on clothes until you find what you love!!!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes I wear them. Yes the make my hips look big. But my hips ARE big. They don't get any smaller when I swear boot cut jeans. I wear them just like everyone else, with boots in the winter, with flats in the summer, with wedge heels when going out.

Oh and I'd recommend Target's Curvy fit, whatever that is Fit 4 or something.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow pears!
    I have always wanted to wear skinny jeans but with my butt and hips I feel so awkward! Do you wear them? How do you style? Ideas please!

Hey!! I NEVER wear skinny jeans or anything equivalent. Matter of personal opinion, there's a TINY line with who they look good on..or how they wear them. I would say to wear a longer shirt or cami to help flatter yourself. But I'm just not a fan of these jeans! lol
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I love the look but can't find any that fit right. I am still trying to find the elusive perfect pair of skinny jeans!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Yes I wear them. Yes the make my hips look big. But my hips ARE big. They don't get any smaller when I swear boot cut jeans. I wear them just like everyone else, with boots in the winter, with flats in the summer, with wedge heels when going out.

Target is coming to montreal really soon ( squeeeeee) I will keep my eyes open
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Love skinny jeans. Especially the type with a little stretch in them. I'm an hourglass but sure wish I was a more dramatic pear.
    It could just be me cause I've heard people say they didn't like the look, but I love it on everyone. I've never seen someone in skinny's that was unflattering as the right top can make all the difference in the world. :wink:

100% agreed! I wear my skinnies with a longer top. Usually layers, like a long cardigan too. And make sure they are mid-rise or hit me at my natural waist for the best look!

At the end of the day, my thighs are already big. I don't think I have ever tried on a pair of jeans in my entire life that was loose in the thigh. Might as well make the pants intentionally tight. ;) I think the tight thigh, loose below the knee look is terrible on me.

I am average height with a short torso/long legs.

My beef is that so many skinnies are really short. What is with the 28" inseam, that is like mid calf on me?

**I think leggings are fine with a longer top as well. But leggings are not pants so you shouldn't wear a short top with them!
  • BobbiG35
    BobbiG35 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way but started wearing them and I love them!!!! I wear them with a simple sandal and cuffed at the bottom. They look super cute. I just rock the fact that I have hips and don't really worry about it :)
    In the fall, I wear high boots with them. I personally like the brand Mother's Jeans (look them up on-line). The stretch is amazing and they flatter....a bit pricey but worth it! Good Luck!
  • michybeans
    michybeans Posts: 106
    Options
    I wear them with either high boots or a pair of heels. I just wear them like I would other jeans, and just rock the fact that I am a pear.

Yep, me too! The only thing I would add is that at least for me it is very hard to find jeans (of any type) that actually fit my waist and hips. I end up buying a size or two bigger than my waist, just so my bum fits in it, and then cinching the waist really tight with a belt. So that part kind of sucks, but I love the way skinny jeans feel and I think they are very flattering for a pear shape if the fit is good, and especially with heels.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for skinny jeans to go away.

I prefer boot cut.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    If you want skinny jeans, do it. I'm pear shaped, and I wear them and love them. Don't get discouraged though after one brand, they are all made different with varying amount of stretch. I especially love wearing them with heels or tall leather boots.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

This this this.

My hips are big. My butt is big. They're big in A line skirts or pencil skirts. Big in boot cut jeans and big in skinny jeans, so I wear them all. Ain't got time to be trying to pretend like I'm not shaped like I am and I certainly am not going to hide it. I love my curvy bottom half.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Maybe I shouldn't be wearing them....?
    e92d68e2-f632-439d-8725-d1dba131ecea_zps0838eb71.jpg

c435e810-ca0b-45cf-b20e-f1bc566dfe43_zpsf659ba8a.jpg
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

This this this.

My hips are big. My butt is big. They're big in A line skirts or pencil skirts. Big in boot cut jeans and big in skinny jeans, so I wear them all. Ain't got time to be trying to pretend like I'm not shaped like I am and I certainly am not going to hide it. I love my curvy bottom half.

What she says!!! I love my curves too... I think it says WOMAN!!!!
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love that there is a forum related to this. ^_^ I bought a pair of skinny jeans from American Eagle a few weeks ago (size 2 short) and I'm still deciding if I want to keep them or not. I'm leaning toward keeping solely for easily being able to tuck the jeans into boots in the fall (I wouldn't wear them otherwise).

One of my big motivators in losing fat in my thighs in particular is so that I can pull off the above look. I'm definitely not there yet, but trying on the jeans at least gave me inspiration!

(I tried to post a picture, but it didn't work!)
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Athleta Bettona Boyfriend jeggings...just ordered a second pair in Sangria!!! I love them! I wear my black ones with looser, longer tops...but not super baggy. I am 5'10" and am 220... a 16/18 in regular jeans. The jeggings I bought are XL Tall. Can't wait for this heat wave to end so I can wear them more!
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    nope can't fit into them. It's not just the hips and thighs, but the calves as well. To get "skinny jeans" style that fit my calves I have to go up to a size 16 - which is then waaay to big for the top half. It's just not the style for me!
    ^^Dont I know what you mean!

Props to the pears that can wear them, but my calf size just doesnt mesh with this style. I have to do boot cut or wide leg to fit mine.