A healthy snack at the evening

berriosilona
berriosilona Posts: 4 Member
Hey everyone,

I guess you regonize this. It's later in the evening, diner was 3 hours ago and you feel like eating something.

What do you like to snack or what do you do to avoid to snack.

What I do? For example
* drinking some tea
* Walk the dog
* Eat carrots but the chocolate paste is looking at me.... It's horrible when loosing weight..
* go early to bed
* seaweed chip
* tomato with herbs
* Mais cracker with cheese
* after diner joghurt

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,777 Member
    edited January 2020
    If I have calories left, I snack on popcorn, jerky, light cheese sticks, Light and fit greek yogurt, soetines an individual pack of cheez-its, Halo top ice cream. but usually I finish eating about 630pm, get kids to bed by 830 then go to bed myself. I also wont eat past 8pm. sometimes i will hop on the exercise bike when I want to eat.
  • Gregzy182
    Gregzy182 Posts: 20 Member
    Yeah as above ☝️ popcorn or beef jerky is my go to snack post 8pm
    Its it's a day that I have loads of calories left and iv got weekly treat stored I'll have some berries and a few squares of melted dark chocolate 👌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Apple and Peanut butter, banana and peanut butter, pretzels and peanut butter, dark chocolate and peanut butter....

Oatmeal?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    I guess it depends on my goal and if I have calories left. Could be ice cream, fruit or herbal tea.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,514 Member
    It's a pretty easy question if you have calories left. When you don't, you need a distraction. Go do your laundry, or something. Yes, herbal tea helps.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    I have been eating popcorn, oranges, or tangerines.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Pickled onions!

Strong flavour, crispy, very minimal calories. Pickles of all types work for me when I want ‘something’ but don’t need the calories.
  • ssooooz
    ssooooz Posts: 4 Member
    I was a terrible snacker!
    I've tried pushing my dinner back as late as possible (about 730, rather than 630) to reduce my desire to snack. I sometimes have a rice cake or two if I can't help myself.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Whatever you like, and have enough calories to spend.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    low calorie popcorn, my favorite is Valley Pop ...35 calories per cup. I also save calories for a couple of chocolates like sea salt caramel. I don't eat ANYTHING past 7 pm.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2020
    Apple and Peanut butter, banana and peanut butter, pretzels and peanut butter, dark chocolate and peanut butter....

Oatmeal?

Same here, anything with peanut butter. I love pretzels dipped into pb. Last night I had a slice of Italian bread spread thin with pb. Or a couple ritz with chicken salad. The hard part is stopping before I do a binge. :( I have terrible munchies once I get into bed with my book. I just can't allow things like ice cream, or most junk foods, in my house because I won't have the will to stop. :( I do try to leave 200-300 cal towards the end of the day to allow for that late snack to happen. I find I've been going almost right to my calorie allotment every day.
    I do get those 40 cal. fudgsicles sometimes but find a box is gone within 3 days. :( Oops that's not healthy. lol
  • berriosilona
    berriosilona Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you all for sharing your cravings and snacks options for the evening.

And Ow I love PB with in Dutch called Hagelslag.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    edited January 2020
    Vanilla soy yoghurt, half a brown banana and 2 chucks of chopped dark chocolate! 183 calories:) spypvxhz6kkv.png
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I always pre-log a little bedtime snack so the calories are always available. And it's something sweet, like chocolate, usually. Last night I bought a can of those crescent rolls, and put a little bit of dark chocolate in the middle of them lol. Aldi has not had their delicious peanut butter cups the last couple weeks which is what I usually have, so I had to come up with something else.
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Because I have to keep an eye on glucose and maintain a fairly constant level, I need that before bedtime snack. An apple with peanut butter keeps things going overnight.
  • suzdill
    suzdill Posts: 4 Member
    Great ideas. I enter my calories for snacks in the morning putting in popcorn, oranges, whatever early in the day. Then it's part of the plan.