Curiosity - resting heart rate

Replies

• martianspuds
    martianspuds Posts: 93 Member
    Currently:
    HR 59, BMI 38.4, zilcho fitness (been unable/not medically cleared to exercise for couple of years due to soon-to-be repaired injury)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,552 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    (I find that very unlikely. 🤪😆🤣)

you almost got yourself a disagree from me!
  • martianspuds
    martianspuds Posts: 93 Member
    I didn't really keep track of it, but I do think HR has decreased several points (15 or so?) as I've lost weight (~60 lbs). I think some of this may be due to now typically eating very healthy - I routinely track macros & micros like a hawk, which means much lower fat & sodium than in heavier days.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    My RHR (as of today) is 51
    My BMI is in the 24's but I have a fair bit of muscle (body fat is 22% measured by DEXA)

I think HR is quite individual, based on genetics and varies a fair bit between male and female.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    What's your resting heart rate?
    Quite variable throughout the day but first thing in the morning 48bpm is typical.

(Curiosity Snippet - an elevated min HR can be a sign of overtraining for me so a somewhat useful thing for me to be aware of.)

What's your BMI and fitness level?
    Just under 25 and very high fitness level as I'm a 5,000 miles a year cyclist.

Have you seen your resting heart rate evolve with weight loss or exercise?
    Yes. Used to regard low 60's as quite fit for me for most of my adult life, over 65bpm a sign of a slump in fitness but taking up cycling seriously had a huge impact and dropped my RHR by 20+%.

I didn't have a lot of weight to lose so not a big factor for me.

(Curiosity Snippet - for those that attempt to estimate calories with a heart rate monitor changing fitness and pulse levels make that very variable accuracy. I produce approximately 30% more power which means I burn 30% more calories at the same heart rate as I did previously.

BTW - these types of threads tend to attract responses from people with low HR so beware may give a slightly false impression of what is typical/common.

• RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    36/f
    Avid runner/endurance athlete, yoga, lifting
    I’m a teacher so I get at least 10k steps a day
    5/5, 138- BMI is 22.8 or something?
    RHR- 38 (super low. I have long QT intervals which is apparently normal for endurance runners)
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    32 yo female

BMI - 33.2 :-1:
    RHR - 68
  • UK_Ash
    UK_Ash Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2020
    61 years old RHR 35 but can get it down to 24/25 before exercise and BMI 20.7
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    My resting heart rate is 54. I am very unfit and never exercise other than long distance walks every Sunday, sometimes every other Sunday. My current BMI is 28.8 after a fair amount of gain over the last couple years.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    edited January 2020
    32 female, BMI 37.1, RHR 70

My fitness level is low, I have chronic illness. I walk and do dance fitness when I can. I also hike when I can. My average daily step count is around 8,000 on average thanks to getting a dog. I used to barely get 2000 a day. On good days I get well over 10,000 but don't have too many of those.

I wasn't tracking my heart rate until this post, so I am not sure if it has gotten better since I've lost weight. I had been a very high level athlete all my life, but that all changed as of 2016 and with my diagnosis'. I'd say that has probably had more of an impact on my RHR than weight loss but don't have data to back that up.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    edited January 2020
    Mine is 50 right now, but before I started running again I was between 58-65. Running lowers the RHR within a week for me, so that's nice. BMI is 25.
  • SenzaParole03
    SenzaParole03 Posts: 7 Member
    Mine is typically low 56-72 but mostly low 60s. I am obese, BMI 36.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    36 Years old
    RHR per Garmin: 66
    BMI: 37
    Fitness Level: Avg around 8500 steps per day without intentional exercise, Row traditional Irish boats 2-3 times per week.

My RHR was a little lower when I lost 30lbs but not massively different. I was also rowing more often.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Right now it's around 70, but I'm a little out of shape from a less than stellar 2019. At peak fitness in 2017/18 it was around 55.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    BMI: 26.2 down from 28.9 in September
    RHR: 63 down from 98-100 in September

The steep, sudden increase in RHR was what helped my doctor pinpoint anemia as the source of my laundry list of complaints - including rapid weight gain and persistent headaches.

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Resting HR ~60 bpm per my Apple Watch

30 - Male - 6'1" - 179 lbs = 23.6 BMI. I recognize that is on the high side of "normal" and almost to "overweight" but I'm <15% body fat. Blood Pressure was 98/62 at last check. In terms of fitness level, I lift weights 5-6 times per week and I maintain my cardio well enough to roll out of bed and run a 5-10k with my wife for the occasional local charity race.

I don't necessarily have data to support it but I don't believe my RHR has changed by more than ~5bpm. As an adult my weight hasn't exceeded ~195-200 lbs and has been as light as 158 before I started lifting.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited January 2020
    Its a while since I checked mine but its usually:

RHR: 58-62
    50Yrs
    BMI- 23
    run/cycle/walk/strength train regularly
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    BMI is 32.9
    Resting HR is generally between 53-63 but that's because I'm on a beta blocker.
  • SlytherinSnakeQueen
    SlytherinSnakeQueen Posts: 148 Member
    What's your resting heart rate?
    59-61
    What's your BMI and fitness level?
    26.1 (F 5'5 157 lbs) Moderate to Active as of recently
    Have you seen your resting heart rate evolve with weight loss or exercise?
    Yes! When I started actively going to the gym about 2 weeks ago, my RHR was 67, but of the past 2 weeks of consistent cardio (running every morning before work) it has come down and is staying at the 59-61 range.