Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    For those who like Tim Horton's, can you explain why it's so good, because I've never heard anything bad about it? Is it stronger or does it have a sweeter taste, darker taste? What's the appeal?

I'm asking cuz it can be ordered online, so it might be worth a try. And, are most of you black coffee drinkers?

Tim hortons is more of a donut shop than a coffee shop. For most people it’s good coffee but for someone who drinks it as strong as you do, i doubt you’d find it worth the effort to get.

Okay, thank you, Caco. Yes, no one likes my coffee. One of my brothers said I should just drink potting soil mixed with boot glue, lol, or just eat the beans straight out of the bag. I do like a strong boot glue.

I don't know if you can get it online but back when I drank normal coffee my all-time favourite was Paradiso Dark from Second Cup. I loved that *kitten* so much that when we lost our Second Cup here, I'd get people who went out of town to bring it back for me, at $14/lb. When I served it to guests in my home they would rave about what great coffee it was. Wonderful dark and smoky stuff.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    For those who like Tim Horton's, can you explain why it's so good, because I've never heard anything bad about it? Is it stronger or does it have a sweeter taste, darker taste? What's the appeal?

I'm asking cuz it can be ordered online, so it might be worth a try. And, are most of you black coffee drinkers?

Tim hortons is more of a donut shop than a coffee shop. For most people it’s good coffee but for someone who drinks it as strong as you do, i doubt you’d find it worth the effort to get.

Okay, thank you, Caco. Yes, no one likes my coffee. One of my brothers said I should just drink potting soil mixed with boot glue, lol, or just eat the beans straight out of the bag. I do like a strong boot glue.

I don't know if you can get it online but back when I drank normal coffee my all-time favourite was Paradiso Dark from Second Cup. I loved that *kitten* so much that when we lost our Second Cup here, I'd get people who went out of town to bring it back for me, at $14/lb. When I served it to guests in my home they would rave about what great coffee it was. Wonderful dark and smoky stuff.

Ya had me at "wonderfully dark & smoky". :smile:

Thank you for the other suggestions. I'll check them out!
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of a coffee that is low acidity and worth drinking?
    I’ve had to stop drinking it becoz of my acid reflux and I miss it so much!
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Half double decaffeinated half-caf with a twist of lemon.
  • Mileysoot
    Mileysoot Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Have you tried coffee pods? They’re super bold. Just pop one in your mouth and go. My fiancé puts it in his lip like dip. Apparently it’s super popular in the military
  • Mileysoot
    Mileysoot Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of a coffee that is low acidity and worth drinking?
    I’ve had to stop drinking it becoz of my acid reflux and I miss it so much!

Maybe iced lattes? More like milk with a splash of coffee

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Cafe Bustelo with a touch of half and half.
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Costa soya cappuccino without chocolate topping.
  • rfw1224
    rfw1224 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Um, Diet Mt. Dew for me, please
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I usually have coffee at home. Lately, I’ve been buying Kicking Horse coffee beans and I really like it. No sugar, just a bit of almond milk, and I’m good to go!

ef6b0xi6dx5c.jpeg

My Tim Hortons or McCafe order is medium coffee, 2 milk, 1 sugar
    And on the rare occasion I go to Starbucks, I usually get an unsweetened black tea latte 😋
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Large DD iced blueberry with skim milk and three Splendas. :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Cafe Bustelo with a touch of half and half.

Mah girl. This is EXACTLY what I make at home. My DD order is an 'out and about' thing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Large DD iced blueberry with skim milk and three Splendas. :)

I don't do anything but the blueberry flavoring but that's my favorite iced thing at Dunkin for sure.
  • Danw586
    Danw586 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Black
  • swclifton
    swclifton Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    A latte with honey, cinnamon and cayenne pepper is amazing with some sugar free vanilla in it!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    theresa120 wrote: »
    I usually have coffee at home. Lately, I’ve been buying Kicking Horse coffee beans and I really like it. No sugar, just a bit of almond milk, and I’m good to go!

ef6b0xi6dx5c.jpeg

My Tim Hortons or McCafe order is medium coffee, 2 milk, 1 sugar
    And on the rare occasion I go to Starbucks, I usually get an unsweetened black tea latte 😋

I really enjoy the Kicking Horse brand.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    The idea of trying to order something myself at Starbucks gives me serious anxiety issues, so I stick to the simpler things.... Timmy’s double double, sometimes a dark roast, sometimes with a shot of espresso.