Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl!
  • verticallyfit
    verticallyfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! What would you consider a good beginners programme.

What are your goals? Exercise/nutrition programming is not one size fits all and must be tailored to fit your needs to ensure optimal success.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    So inspirational!
  • lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's also a great reminder that this is a "marathon not a sprint", I definately need
    a reminder! Thanks!
  • tsquaredmama
    tsquaredmama Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal job!! Amazing.

Question with your macro cycling- do you cycle based on lifting schedule?

How long have you been living by the IIFYM philosophy?
  • verticallyfit
    Options
    Phenomenal job!! Amazing.

Question with your macro cycling- do you cycle based on lifting schedule?

How long have you been living by the IIFYM philosophy?

Hi! Yes I cycle based on my lifting schedule (hypo & hyper days). Also I have been living by IIFYM since August/september 2012 and haven't looked back.
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    Impressive!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

What are your goals? Exercise/nutrition programming is not one size fits all and must be tailored to fit your needs to ensure optimal success.

Lose about ten pounds and get rid of he wobbly bits.
  • verticallyfit
    Options
    see below quoted
  • verticallyfit
    Options

I think first you have to find what type of exercise motivates you. If you go to a gym a suggest a visit with a personal trainer not specifically for the training aspect but for the familiarity with the gym you will gain. Meeting with a trainer can help you feel more confident in the gym, knowing how to use equipment, where it's at, and exercises for your body. There are also my group exercise options and many gyms/fitness centers have beginner/less intense classes. Exercises like walking, running, jogging, cycling, & swimming are all wonderful too and can be done out of the gym environment if that's not your thing.

The first step is finding what motivates you so that you can stay committed, so that exercise doesn't feel like a chore. Once you have found your motivation, the rest will come easy. Nutrition is probably the most important, make sure you are taking in a healthy balanced diet. You can't out exercise a poor diet. You can even meet with a dietitian at some point to help you figure out your personal nutritional needs.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

I think first you have to find what type of exercise motivates you. If you go to a gym a suggest a visit with a personal trainer not specifically for the training aspect but for the familiarity with the gym you will gain. Meeting with a trainer can help you feel more confident in the gym, knowing how to use equipment, where it's at, and exercises for your body. There are also my group exercise options and many gyms/fitness centers have beginner/less intense classes. Exercises like walking, running, jogging, cycling, & swimming are all wonderful too and can be done out of the gym environment if that's not your thing.

The first step is finding what motivates you so that you can stay committed, so that exercise doesn't feel like a chore. Once you have found your motivation, the rest will come easy. Nutrition is probably the most important, make sure you are taking in a healthy balanced diet. You can't out exercise a poor diet. You can even meet with a dietitian at some point to help you figure out your personal nutritional needs.

Thanks very much.
  • sgdenton
    sgdenton Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your placement!! You have done something truly phenomenal with your transformation, so inspirational!
  • LadyHye
    LadyHye Posts: 2
    Options
    From 212lbs down to 8% body fat.. what happened to your excess skin? Sorry if this is too personal but its something I worry about.. you don't look like you have anything extra on you ;)
    You look amazing!
  • verticallyfit
    Options
    From 212lbs down to 8% body fat.. what happened to your excess skin? Sorry if this is too personal but its something I worry about.. you don't look like you have anything extra on you ;)
    You look amazing!

It tightens up with muscle development, toning, and overall leanness. I still have progress to make with firmness of skin in my abdominal area, but skin does tighten back up. It's not something that has really been an issue for me. I do keep my skin very hydrated and use coco butter stretch mark cream to reduce the appearance of stretch marks around my inner quads and biceps (where i've had the most muscle growth). I don't know if it really works but my skin is happily hydrated!
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!

Reaan:bigsmile:
  • aaasky
    aaasky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow...you ladies are so inspiring. First I read about a powerlifter, now a figure competitor! I'm super excited about getting my body and muscles in shape to do something radical! Congrats on your achievement! Another SHE-RO in my book!

Stole my words! I read the powerlifting success story and was like, yes! Lifting is the way to go! And now, thanks to you, I'm even more inspired. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Congrats!
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Very motivational. You should be very proud of your transformation and you sound happy in your posts (if that is possible to sound), but it just seems good for you!!
  • rockinjennydee
    rockinjennydee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had to take a double take to make sure your face and tattoo matched your before pics! Holy WOW! Congrats! You look amazing!!!!
  • deezer602482
    deezer602482 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump for later inspiration :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!