11 Lbs Down in 7 Days!!!!

My first 1 week weigh-in after starting to change how I interact with food and the choices I make with the things I consume. I also went from a basically couch potato with no movement, to walking 4 kms a day(2 and a half miles) and getting my step count averaging 8000-8500 over the last week. I am Morbidly Obese, I can use all the help and support MFP can offer. Food Journalling and meal planning are all new to me, and tips/tricks are welcome. Feel free to add me as a friend... Thanks :)

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Welcome to MFP, there is a brilliant group for people who need to lose 70lb or more, if you are in that category then come and join us there's lots of helpful and friendly advice.

Paging @NovusDies for the link....... :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    If there are specific questions, just post and ask but otherwise, reading through a lot of the forums' topics will enlighten you greatly! So many wise and wonderful people on here, I've learned so much.
    Congratulations on your start with a healthier lifestyle! It's definitely a journey, some days up and others down, but in the end it's worth the challenges and struggles and changes!!

Personally, I'm the type of person to think about what I have available in my fridge and cupboards and go from there. I'm not a good meal planner and don't like to cook much. I stay with basic things like oatmeal, chicken and veggies, fruit/bread/eggs/meats/yogurt, etc. But I do log in (most :blush: )everything I eat and sticking with an exercise plan that works for me. Good for you with your walking, that's amazing!!!

You WILL get there and don't forget to take a snapshot journey along the way as a reminder of where you've been and where you want to go.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Welcome to the community 😊. Do as suggested above and take a variety of snapshots of yourself now. You will be so soo proud of yourself in three months time, then six months etc when you compare them to your newer ones. Take some measurements too as the initial changes may not be visible. It took me about two months before I could see the difference in photos.
    Sounds like you are losing nicely already so I guess you have figured out it is all about keeping within your calories. You can still have your favourite foods if they fit within or you can choose to revamp your diet.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP, there is a brilliant group for people who need to lose 70lb or more, if you are in that category then come and join us there's lots of helpful and friendly advice.

I see I am needed for link duty again:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

This group is for anyone who originally started or is now starting with 75 or more pounds to lose who are ready to lose their weight in a sensible and sustainable way.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,305 Member
    Welcome, and best of luck to you!

Here are my top few tips:
    1) Know that you'll have bad days where you overeat. When that happens, you haven't failed! Don't beat yourself up about it; just move forward and try again.
    2) Hang in there and don't quit. :) It's not always going to be easy and you'll probably get impatient that the process can be so slow, but don't stop.
    3) Get involved here and find people who inspire and support you. Joining a group is a great idea! I also have several threads that I set as favorites and look at all the time, including a couple of before and after threads and the NSV thread (all on the Success Stories board).
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Jackie9003 wrote: »

I see I am needed for link duty again:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

This group is for anyone who originally started or is now starting with 75 or more pounds to lose who are ready to lose their weight in a sensible and sustainable way.

I can't work out how to do it on my phone :D
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    Welcome, and best of luck to you!

Here are my top few tips:
    1) Know that you'll have bad days where you overeat. When that happens, you haven't failed! Don't beat yourself up about it; just move forward and try again.
    2) Hang in there and don't quit. :) It's not always going to be easy and you'll probably get impatient that the process can be so slow, but don't stop.
    3) Get involved here and find people who inspire and support you. Joining a group is a great idea! I also have several threads that I set as favorites and look at all the time, including a couple of before and after threads and the NSV thread (all on the Success Stories board).

I couldn't have said it any better. Read this again! The first two will guide your journey. You will find side attractions that take you off your path. That's fine. Check 'em out. Enjoy. But get back on the path!

As for number three, this is a shameless plug for a very supportive group called Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off. There's some fun ongoing challenges that you can participate in if you want, or not, and there's at least one weekly challenge. The challenges earn points for one of two teams. The only requirement is one weekly weigh in. There is no penalty for your team if you gain; your team DOES earn points when you lose. Come join us!
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Great job!!!! One day at a time. I messed up yesterday, but I still lost 2 pounds this week so all wasn't wasted...just keep going. I love my Fitbit to track my steps..... welcome to MFP.
  • weighmeless
    weighmeless Posts: 42 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    If there are specific questions, just post and ask but otherwise, reading through a lot of the forums' topics will enlighten you greatly! So many wise and wonderful people on here, I've learned so much.
    Congratulations on your start with a healthier lifestyle!

I stay with basic things like oatmeal, chicken and veggies, fruit/bread/eggs/meats/yogurt, etc. But I do log in (most :blush: )everything I eat and sticking with an exercise plan that works for me. Good for you with your walking, that's amazing!!!

Agree with logging every single bite , exercise.. been there. Done that. Nothing else works for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!