Ultimate Accountability Challenge, UAC, February 2020

2»

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    Just bumping this up the listings.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Allow UAC to challenge you! I've been participating for 2 years, now. Applying the daily objectives for this program are effective for weight loss and maintenance. It is a gift only you can give yourself. Make it happen with your commitment to the challenge today. Looking forward to your participation!
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    I joined UAC in December. Exercising consistently is my greatest challenge. Because of this group, I have only missed exercise one day in 2 months. Knowing that I will be posting at the end of the day, makes me jump on the treadmill or roll out the yoga mat and get at least those 20 minutes done.

But what I like the most are the people. They are interesting, funny, supportive, helpful, and kind. Plus extremely welcoming to new folks - so come on and join!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,280 Member
    This is all that is required of this group

1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
    2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
    4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

It looks simple but I can't count the number of days the first requirement has made overcome my "lazy" days. Those days you don't feel like working out or think you do not have the time. Just because I don't want to answer No, I find myself going on the treadmill or talking a walk around my house for at least 20 minutes sometimes doing some free YouTube exercises for more than the 20 minutes and feeling a lot better :)
  • slimmingbarbs35
    slimmingbarbs35 Posts: 3 Member
    How do I sign up for this? Just joined MFP after a hefty amount of time out of training due to being diagnosed with COPD so I am looking for motivation and just all round accountability, this sounds awesome. Any advice on how to be involved in this much welcome. Thanks x
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    How do I sign up for this? Just joined MFP after a hefty amount of time out of training due to being diagnosed with COPD so I am looking for motivation and just all round accountability, this sounds awesome. Any advice on how to be involved in this much welcome. Thanks x

Hello, @slimmingbarbs35 Best wishes to you as you improve your health :)

You can join the UAC February challenge at this link
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/135641-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2020

To participate, look for a green button and click to join the group.
    Then you're welcome to write something about yourself in the Introduction section.
    When February rolls around, we self-report on each day's thread.
    You can post for several days in a row if each day is too much -- read the FAQs and Rules sections, which should clear up any questions you might have.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    Come join us. You know you want to. 😂
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,958 Member
    Hi there!
    Are you looking for a supportive group
    Of people who are inspiring, wise, and kind?

Do you want to lose weight, maintain your weight, or gain weight?

UAC is the group for you! As others have noted, three seemingly simple rules that will help you meet your goal.

One of the things I cherish (among dozens) is it treats you like an adult.

YOU decide your calorie goal for the day.
    YOU decide what exercise counts toward your minimum 20 minutes each day.
    YOU decide what tracking will look like for you.

This passes the responsibility back to you.

February 2020 will be my 23rd month with UAC. I credit it with helping me lose my final 23 of my 75-78 lb loss AND more importantly has been invaluable in assisting me in learning to maintain my weight loss.

I exercise every day & I track all of my food.
    I’ve been in maintenance for 9 months & UAC keeps my head in the game.

Our culture in America is all about dramatic weight loss. UAC teaches you it’s the daily little things that insure your success.

PLUS - we’re upbeat & FUN!

Join us!
    Maddie
    PS the post above this has link & instructions

PPS why do so many of us post here? In my case, it’s because I wish I’d known about UAC earlier! I want that for you, too!

PPS some of our members post great photographs and/or motivational or humorous sayings.

PPPS @RangerRickL is a skilled & loving leader who sets an amazing time & example for us all.
    @craigo3154 (Rick’s, right hand man, is wise & has helped me so many times.
    #grateful for both of them
    & the entire UAC Crew! ❤️

JOIN US!
    PPPPS: if you do, please allow yourself 2-3 months to master these these “simple” habits.

Best,
    Maddie
    GW 153-155
    CW 158.4
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    edited January 2020
    Welcome to all the newbies! I joined in January and found great support and new exercise ideas.
    My goal in February is to make exercise fun, like dancing in my living room or indoor rollerblading.
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    This will be my third month. It really helps me strive for doing my best. I did not make it to the winners circle the past two months but I came close in January and I am going to try extra hard this month and stay as focused as I can be. Good luck to everyone!
  • fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    This will be my third month and I'm really looking forward to spending time with the great people here. I made the Winner's Circle in December but missed it by a day this month. I'm already planning on being there at the end of February.

Good luck, and even if you can't make it to the Winner's Circle in the end, keep plugging away at it and you'll see the results you want to see!
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    🙂
  • MadisonMolly2017
    💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦

Hi Again!!

If you’re on the fence about joining, why not just jump in!

💦 The waters fine! 💦

You can join the UAC February challenge at this link
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/135641-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2020

To participate, look for a green button and click to join the group.

We’ll all be supporting & rooting for you!

🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶

Still on the fence?
    I understand.

But please note:

You don’t post your weight
    You don’t post your calories eaten
    You don’t post your steps, exercise minutes, etc.

UNLESS you *want* to!

You just answer 3 simple yes/no questions:
    1️⃣ Did I exercise 20 minutes?
    2️⃣ Did I track everything I ate or drank?
    3️⃣ Did I remain within the calorie goal I set for myself?

That’s it!!

🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶💦🎶
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Bump
  • MadisonMolly2017
    You can still sign up today (& really anytime)!

A whopping TWENTY UAC’ers are in the Winner’s Circle for January!!

The link to JOIN is up thread !!

Your future self will thank you!
  • 2omonths
    2omonths Posts: 94 Member
    Sounds like a good challenge!
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Many thanks to the volunteers for starting and keeping up this monthly challenge. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone!
    SuziQ - SFL
  • LDemi333
    LDemi333 Posts: 92 Member
    Hi everyone, I have just signed up today and I am looking forward to the challenge and getting to know everyone.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Welcome @SuziQ113 and @LDemi333 !!!
  • holli1ch
    holli1ch Posts: 673 Member
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/135641-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2020

Is there a challenge for March? If so, I would like to join.