Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

CrossFit

13»

Replies

• AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 14,255Member Member Posts: 14,255Member Member
    Neither. I think it's not for me for a variety of reasons (some physical limitations, some psychological disinclinations). Some of my friends have joined Crossfit boxes around here, love it, and have had really stellar results. Different things suit different people, and that variety makes conversing with others more interesting.
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Posts: 1,320Member Member Posts: 1,320Member Member
    I respect those that do and I actually train very similar to how CF people train. I just don't want to honestly pay the price. It's very expensive and I can afford it, just don't want to pay that much to do what I'm capable of doing myself. But I've always been one to push myself really hard on workouts.

I think, much like Orange Theory, if you can't push yourself well enough, and you really enjoy group workouts and rah-rah stuff, it's great. I do marvel at how physically fit CFers are and regularly have competed against them in indoor rowing competitions, my main form of exercise. Sometimes I get crushed by them, sometimes I win a few.

Really strong CFers are fit. And I mean that as a compliment. It's the balance of power and aerobic endurance that they go for that I understand (loving rowing as I do) and respect. You concentrate just on one, the other suffers.
    edited March 6