Introverts Unite!

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Poking my head in here before I go to sleep. I would read a book but my eyes are tired of staying open.

Goodnight Nadine 🤗
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Supposedly, I'm an ambivert but I resemble what's being said on this thread, @slimgirljo15 You're diplomatic and a great facilitator. You've got the knack for bringing things to a peaceful resolution. If there was anyone who could facilitate world peace, it would be you. There are countries that need you. My family needs you. :p Our reunions turn into a big sheetstorm. No one can stand each other when we leave but we can hardly wait for the next one.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Supposedly, I'm an ambivert but I resemble what's being said on this thread, @slimgirljo15 You're diplomatic and a great facilitator. You've got the knack for bringing things to a peaceful resolution. If there was anyone who could facilitate world peace, it would be you. There are countries that need you. My family needs you. :p Our reunions turn into a big sheetstorm. No one can stand each other when we leave but we can hardly wait for the next one.

aww thank you 🤗 you always say the nicest things and I really appreciate it lovely one ❤
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    @slimgirljo15 We have too much sibling rivalry, pecking order in the chicken yard but one aunt always says she's not happy until all of her lil chickens are back home in their roosts. She doesn't care where her children live but she's not happy if they're on the road. She wants everyone home. Safe and sound in their roosts. Then she can breathe a sigh of relief. Are you that way about your lil chickens?
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @slimgirljo15 We have too much sibling rivalry, pecking order in the chicken yard but one aunt always says she's not happy until all of her lil chickens are back home in their roosts. She doesn't care where her children live but she's not happy if they're on the road. She wants everyone home. Safe and sound in their roosts. Then she can breathe a sigh of relief. Are you that way about your lil chickens?

Absolutely.. If I know they are travelling I can't wait for them to be off the roads and safely home.
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Is "introvert" the same as "shy?" I don't think it is.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    @jamloche No, siree.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    ^^ Also in agreement.

While I can have shy moments in specific 1-on-1 contexts/scenarios, it's not due to my being introverted.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    @MaltedTea Spot on. We learn to swim through the sharky waters in all kinds of ways.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • gisem17
    gisem17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    jamloche wrote: »

The best definition of introvert is someone who recharges by being alone. So, at the end of a long, hard day, do you want unwind alone maybe with a good book, video game or solitary walk (introvert) or with a group of friends maybe at a bar or a party (extrovert). It has nothing to do with social skills that can be learned by anyone.
  • jamloche
    Options
    gisem17 wrote: »
    jamloche wrote: »

The best definition of introvert is someone who recharges by being alone. So, at the end of a long, hard day, do you want unwind alone maybe with a good book, video game or solitary walk (introvert) or with a group of friends maybe at a bar or a party (extrovert). It has nothing to do with social skills that can be learned by anyone.

But ... are there shy extroverts? I don't think there are.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    r5vbk8wj2l4e.png
  • ladymewnicorn
    ladymewnicorn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A big introvert here! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • J_Dog778
    J_Dog778 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty big introvert, just figured I'd say hi here
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I got my eye 👁 on you lot, they say its the quiet ones ya gotta watch.
  • jamloche
    Options
    ... I got nothing
  • alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love how many of us introverts know our Meyers Brigs personality type! :)

INFJ here.

Feel free to add me. I love having friends on here.
  • writingmyselffit
    Options
    ISFP here, rejoining MFP after several years away. Trying to be in solidarity with my roommate who is trying to lose weight for health reasons (I have PCOS so I’m right there with her with needing to get fit for my health 😅). I prefer the comfort of cheering on from behind my keyboard, so count me in!
  • pwmsmc23
    pwmsmc23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yeah that's basically me...