jjpptt2 wrote: »
    aidayazd95 wrote: »
    Let's take a step back -- what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Is it possible that your "problem" is to little muscle rather than to much fat?

Get rid of the body fat
    Without having to do intense weight lifting.

I’m already doing boot camps 2x/week so kind of my cardio

I get that part... but take a step back, what's the bigger goal/reason? Is there a BMI number you want to hit? A certain weight? Do you want to be able to say you're sub 25% BF? Is there a look or aesthetic you're going for?

Well yeah, get down to like 15% BF
    And maybe BMI to like 20
    But mainly BF 15% :)

I doubt you'll be able to do that without significant strength training... especially in any kind of healthy or sustainable manner. 15% is extremely lean and won't likely happen without significant work, consistency and time.

I'd suggest you pick 1 priority... 15% bf or little/no strength training. Decide which is more important to you and then accept what that means relative to your other goals.

I guess the flip side to all this is that while 15% may not be realistic, you can absolutely continue to improve you numbers.

Make sure your diet is really dialed in... I can't emphasize this enough. Without the proper diet, any workouts you are or aren't doing will be largely insignificant. Once your set on diet, focus on higher intensity workouts. Strength training is recommended for a number of reasons, but that doesn't necessarily mean weight lifting and only weight lifting.

I eat really clean, try to eat only nutrient dense foods but could be i eat my calories high due to nuts because i eat them a lot.

Clean doesn't have anything to do with it. If you want to eat clean for your own personal reasons/preferences, that's fine... but it won't help you get lean.

Get your calories in check and make sure your macros are reasonable.

On a side note... any maybe I'm way off base here, but it sounds like you need top stop reading magazine covers. In the very best case scenarios, those articles are incomplete and misleading. Best case.

Haha but I never read magazines,
    But can I ask why?
  • aidayazd95
    aidayazd95 Posts: 46 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Let's take a step back -- what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Is it possible that your "problem" is to little muscle rather than to much fat?

Get rid of the body fat

I get that part... but take a step back, what's the bigger goal/reason? Is there a BMI number you want to hit? A certain weight? Do you want to be able to say you're sub 25% BF? Is there a look or aesthetic you're going for?

And maybe BMI to like 20

I doubt most female athletes maintain as low as 15% year round. You'll need to commit to a progressive strength program and strap in for the long haul. That is a long term and difficult goal, for sure. Is there a reason you chose that number?

The reason why I chose that is because I want to burn the body fat and like I’m already kind of lean but my face is still on the chubbier side 😒

You want to lose more weight because you have a chubby face? Could you ask people you know and trust in real life if they think you have a chubby face? I doubt very much you are storing stubborn fat there. I hope this doesn't come off negative, but this might be a perception issue.

Well that and my belly fat (the lower one)
    Others tell me i don’t have but I know I do,
    Especially in pictures it shows the most.
    And don’t worry tell me anything i’m ready to listen.
  • aidayazd95

Get rid of the body fat

And maybe BMI to like 20

I doubt most female athletes maintain as low as 15% year round. You'll need to commit to a progressive strength program and strap in for the long haul. That is a long term and difficult goal, for sure. Is there a reason you chose that number?

The reason why I chose that is because I want to burn the body fat and like I’m already kind of lean but my face is still on the chubbier side 😒

You want to lose more weight because you have a chubby face? Could you ask people you know and trust in real life if they think you have a chubby face? I doubt very much you are storing stubborn fat there. I hope this doesn't come off negative, but this might be a perception issue.

The problem is that most women of a healthy weight will have a little fat in their lower belly, plus the lower belly will naturally stick out sometimes because you've got organs in there doing their thing. Some people also just naturally have full faces, it's not something you can diet away. Maybe you just need to focus on fitness and having some fun right now. It sounds to me like you are being nitpicky super critical of yourself and your perceived flaws, and maybe you need more realistic standards. :flowerforyou:

Really you think so?
    I just wanted to loose a little bit more just about 5 lbs like reach BMI of 20.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member

Get rid of the body fat

And maybe BMI to like 20

The problem is that most women of a healthy weight will have a little fat in their lower belly, plus the lower belly will naturally stick out sometimes because you've got organs in there doing their thing. Some people also just naturally have full faces, it's not something you can diet away. Maybe you just need to focus on fitness and having some fun right now. It sounds to me like you are being nitpicky super critical of yourself and your perceived flaws, and maybe you need more realistic standards. :flowerforyou:

Really you think so?
    I just wanted to loose a little bit more just about 5 lbs like reach BMI of 20.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with you trying to lose another 5 lbs. Just that you need to understand that it is not the kind of thing you can expect to see steadily drop off the scale, and it may very well not do anything about the places you think are your trouble spots, as your face and lower belly may very well be totally normal. Don't compare yourself to airbrushed models or insta celebrities who use lighting and poses to change how they look, and often only maintain their photo ready physique for a month or two out of the year because it's too difficult to maintain.
  • aidayazd95
    Right!

I get it, Thanks :)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    My wife can gain 10 lbs and none of it goes to her face. If I gain five, there's a significant difference in my face. You sound a bit like me. I wouldn't worry about an arbitrary number, like 15%, to shoot for. 20%, for a woman, if actually really lean already. I tend to agree with Kimny. It might be a perception issue, not your look. I understand that but you look great in your profile just as you are. Perhaps just a few pounds, like me, that you have to watch that "blow up" your face a bit. But it's a slippery slope.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member

Get rid of the body fat

And maybe BMI to like 20

I doubt you'll be able to do that without significant strength training... especially in any kind of healthy or sustainable manner. 15% is extremely lean and won't likely happen without significant work, consistency and time.

I'd suggest you pick 1 priority... 15% bf or little/no strength training. Decide which is more important to you and then accept what that means relative to your other goals.

I guess the flip side to all this is that while 15% may not be realistic, you can absolutely continue to improve you numbers.

Make sure your diet is really dialed in... I can't emphasize this enough. Without the proper diet, any workouts you are or aren't doing will be largely insignificant. Once your set on diet, focus on higher intensity workouts. Strength training is recommended for a number of reasons, but that doesn't necessarily mean weight lifting and only weight lifting.

I eat really clean, try to eat only nutrient dense foods but could be i eat my calories high due to nuts because i eat them a lot.

Clean doesn't have anything to do with it. If you want to eat clean for your own personal reasons/preferences, that's fine... but it won't help you get lean.

On a side note... any maybe I'm way off base here, but it sounds like you need top stop reading magazine covers. In the very best case scenarios, those articles are incomplete and misleading. Best case.

Haha but I never read magazines,
    But can I ask why?

I only said that because it seems like you've got some misconceptions that are commonly spread through mass-media outlets... exercising to lose fat, eating clean, etc. My bigger point was to not buy into headlines and taglines, wherever they may be coming from.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Oohh so much to say on this one, but to answer your questions...

1- I've tried everything and for you, most methods will likely be more accurate for you than they would be for myself because you don't have loose skin like I do...

But, there just isn't a reliable way... Even Dexa has been found to be off by as much as 4% from time to time...

Don't shoot for accuracy but rather precision and trend it... I use calipers to pinch my abs, and my suprailiac crest, and measure my waist... Along with other various muscles in comparison...

This won't give me an accurate bf%, but will give me precise measurements that don't fluctuate wildly... Which is key...

2- Diet... And I don't mean to diet, rather your diet
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    You look lean already. If the problem is more in the face, is there any possibility you have some kind of puffiness or bloating? Seems a bit off chance, but chasing after 15% as a woman is probably going to be miserable to unhealthy to try to reach, let alone maintain. 15% would tend to represent a visible or near visible six pack, though possibly less so at your level of lean mass. More importantly, I believe at that levels menstrual cycle issues can pop up, which in turn can cause osteoporosis problems.
  • aidayazd95
    My wife can gain 10 lbs and none of it goes to her face. If I gain five, there's a significant difference in my face. You sound a bit like me. I wouldn't worry about an arbitrary number, like 15%, to shoot for. 20%, for a woman, if actually really lean already. I tend to agree with Kimny. It might be a perception issue, not your look. I understand that but you look great in your profile just as you are. Perhaps just a few pounds, like me, that you have to watch that "blow up" your face a bit. But it's a slippery slope.

Thank you!
    Because I remember when I was 108-107 lbs I did have smaller face too and this was few months ago.
    That’s why I wanna get back to that weight
    Like loose another 5 lbs.
  • aidayazd95
    You look lean already. If the problem is more in the face, is there any possibility you have some kind of puffiness or bloating? Seems a bit off chance, but chasing after 15% as a woman is probably going to be miserable to unhealthy to try to reach, let alone maintain. 15% would tend to represent a visible or near visible six pack, though possibly less so at your level of lean mass. More importantly, I believe at that levels menstrual cycle issues can pop up, which in turn can cause osteoporosis problems.

Right maybe not 15% but at least 20% (19%-20%)

And the “bloating” part could be it but I know when I weighted less couple months ago I had smaller face 🤔
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    I've been reading this thread and it seems like you have gotten the perception from somewhere that you need to lose weight. You are so focused on the numbers. Why? YOU need to listen yo your body. It appears that you have a negative body image of yourself and are feeding off of what society is telling you to be. Before you lose anymore weight, talk to someone. I advocate for strength training and putting on lean muscle, but be careful that you are so stressed about the numbers. BMI is not the only measurement for being healthy.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    I guess stick to little strength training.

Because I feel little pain in my knees from yesterday’s leg/glutes workout.

I don’t want to hurt my knees.
    But okey maybe not really 15% lol
    But at least down 20% like 19% would be good too.

Is knee pain the major reason you're opposed to resistance training? It is fine if you just don't like resistance training. It won't change how effective or necessary it might be towards your goals, but if you don't like it, you'll just have to consider what is worth what you're trying to achieve.

If it really is knee pain specifically, you may need to speak with a trainer or even better a physical therapist on how to train to fix / avoid the issue. Deep pain in the knees into the tendons and ligaments isn't something you should commonly experience.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member

Get rid of the body fat

And maybe BMI to like 20

Also, there's nothing wrong with eating food that's not nutrient dense. There's nothing wrong with lettuce or popcorn, for example.

And while nuts are awesome....the portion control thing is very, very crucial because it's easy to over-indulge.
  • aidayazd95
    I guess stick to little strength training.

Because I feel little pain in my knees from yesterday’s leg/glutes workout.

I don’t want to hurt my knees.
    But okey maybe not really 15% lol
    But at least down 20% like 19% would be good too.

Is knee pain the major reason you're opposed to resistance training? It is fine if you just don't like resistance training. It won't change how effective or necessary it might be towards your goals, but if you don't like it, you'll just have to consider what is worth what you're trying to achieve.

If it really is knee pain specifically, you may need to speak with a trainer or even better a physical therapist on how to train to fix / avoid the issue. Deep pain in the knees into the tendons and ligaments isn't something you should commonly experience.

My knee is much better today.
    I think all i needed was rest.

I just do lift weights still but don’t wanna get on to the really heavy ones like deadlifts or smith machines so that I don’t hurt my knees.
  • aidayazd95
    kenyonhaff wrote: »

Get rid of the body fat

And maybe BMI to like 20

Also, there's nothing wrong with eating food that's not nutrient dense. There's nothing wrong with lettuce or popcorn, for example.

And while nuts are awesome....the portion control thing is very, very crucial because it's easy to over-indulge.

True! It’s mainly portion control and I agree.
    because the calories do add up.