Sugar Lovers take note The Rats became addicted

Options

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I totally feel ya...

I remember what it was like to be clean...Then Johnny Johnson came up to me man and was like "Hey man, you wanna try some food."

I was like "Food, what's food". He said it was the best thing ever and once I started I would never stop. i was like "no way man, i'm clean". Alas though, I gave into temptation.

It started out as a whole grain bagel on the weekends, Then wonderbread and Balogna on Wednesdays.

Its gotten so bad man, I'm doing food (giggity) 3-4 times a day. Its so bad, I'm spending hundreds of dollars on the stuff a month. Even worse, my wife is hooked on it also. I can barely function unless I get my fix in multiple times a day. I speak to a group of trouble youths about the dangers of food at the juvenile center here in town.

I'm just hoping my experiences can help others avoid the same mistakes I did. Thanks OP

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    RefinedSugar1.jpg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    How about getting sugar the natural way through fresh fruits .

substitute honey, {a little honey} the body can process it easier.

How about the natural way through sugar cane? :huh: I don't care where my sugar comes from as long as the first gram is free. :smokin:
  • LilithNoor
    Options
    www.dailymail.co.uk

... you do know that the Daily Fail is about as reputable a source as the National Enquirer, right? You'd find more accurate science in a copy of the Beano (but considerably less racism, scaremongering and frankly creepy Diana worship).
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Funny because cocaine is not addictive.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    So, you're saying that I would work harder for a pay-off that included a pancakes with syrup rather than a pop tart? Sounds about right.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    www.dailymail.co.uk

... you do know that the Daily Fail is about as reputable a source as the National Enquirer, right? You'd find more accurate science in a copy of the Beano (but considerably less racism, scaremongering and frankly creepy Diana worship).
    It could have been worse. It could have been published in The Sun
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    www.dailymail.co.uk

It could have been worse. It could have been published in The Sun

Too hot...Paper would have been burned up for sure.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Whaaa?!! Sugar is NOT addicting!!
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    poor rats.... I have pet ones so I hate seeing studies BUT the only..ONLY good thing is, most stuff is tested on rats so if my rats are not feeling very well I know I can look up studies with wheatgrass, aloe vera and all that jazz and see if it helps the rats. It makes mine very happy :)
  • LilithNoor
    Options
    Not enough cleavage involved for the Sun!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    In for pseudoscience.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I snort rats addicted to sugar. Is that bad?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    he's not addicted yet but
    tumblr_m244r1GS3q1rnx2lvo1_400.gif
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm more addicted to fat give me a hit of butter or mayo. Although if you add a cup of sugar, mixed with a stick of butter, a sprinkle of salt, and vanilla flavoring it's all of the wonders of a cookie minus the baking hassle.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    i like sugar.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Sugar? Addictive? Nonsense.

I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I WANT!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm more addicted to fat give me a hit of butter or mayo. Although if you add a cup of sugar, mixed with a stick of butter, a sprinkle of salt, and vanilla flavoring it's all of the wonders of a cookie minus the baking hassle.

You left out the chocolate chips. :flowerforyou:
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Oh, The Daily Mail. Wah-wah.
This discussion has been closed.