Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Recipes for a sweet tooth

TiffanyMiffanyTiffanyMiffany Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
in Recipes
I have a huge sweet tooth, it’s my hardest habit to kick while eating/drinking healthier. I’d appreciate any recipes for healthy desserts, sweet snacks, and sweet drinks! I have a new air fryer, so I’m especially interested in air fryer recipes!

Replies

• TiffanyMiffanyTiffanyMiffany Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
    Sharing the first recipe I tried out, a healthier version than the usual extremely sugary apple crisp I usually make; this version was very tasty, and can be topped with your favorite lower carb topping like low carb ice cream/fro yo (ie: Breyer’s carb smart or I like to make my own)

https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-apple-crisp/
  • poisonessepoisonesse Posts: 465Member Member Posts: 465Member Member
    Recipe for Sweet Tooth

Take one tooth, roll in 1T of Sugar.
    Enjoy.

Yes, just being silly here!

This is my favorite recipe for baked oatmeal. I omit the raisins, and use Truvia brown sugar blend instead of regular brown sugar, and a cup of fat free evaporated milk in place of the skim milk, I think it makes it more rich tasting. Often I'll replace the apple with 1 pint of blueberries, and I can't decide which I like more! While not a dessert, who says you can have sweet as your meal? 😉 And run it through the recipe maker here at MFP, especially if you make the changes I make, as it drops the calories down to 266 per serving.

https://www.food.com/recipe/baked-oatmeal-223392
  • guitargirl55guitargirl55 Posts: 175Member, Premium Member Posts: 175Member, Premium Member

I also have a HUGE sweet tooth. :) Here are my hacks:

I make smoothies at home ALL the time. They are super sweet, and a HUGE smoothie ( 2 cups) with frozen fruit some unsweetened Greek yogurt, Stevia sweetener, and coco powder tastes like chocolate and is less than 200ish calories.

Look up some recipes for avocado double chocolate chip cookies - SO GOOD! They are not necessarily low calorie, but definitely more healthy and really dark chocolaty and fudgy.

I buy Zevia soda, the fruit flavors are the best, and it is zero calorie without aspartame.