Snob.

Options
13»

Replies

• poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    oh forgot about Noosa yogurt. A shame to even call it yogurt, I call it yumminess! Other people feel the same, their facebook page has obsessive fans:laugh:
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Can't really afford to be too much of a snob, but when I'm in the grocery store it basically goes like this:

If I'm going to buy it, I'm going to eat it.
    If I'm going to eat it, I'm going to enjoy it.

So if I'm not going to enjoy it, I'm not going to buy it. But if it's something that tends to be expensive (like strawberries), I'm waiting until they're on special. And if it's non-perishable (like almond milk) I am stocking up like the apocalypse is on the horizon! :laugh:
  • EliDC
    EliDC Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've become more of a food snob too - I weigh the calories in a food with the enjoyment I would get out of eating it.

For example, just tonight I was at a party with a dessert buffet with small portions. The old me would have tried one of each kind of dessert. But I could tell they weren't going to very good by the look of them, so I just didn't partake. Wasn't worth the calories.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I misread that as 'cream cheese pizza' and made the mistake of imagining such an animal. WANT.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I figure if I am going to eat something, it had better be good.

Especially a splurge. I want something really good.

Not freezer burnt fish sticks
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with liking quality :)
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You are NOT a Snob. You just crave higher priced JUNK FOOD because You think YOU deserve it...Kinda like a Dude who is into Hookers, when he was in college he got the Street Walker, when he got the big time job and had to work 11-12 hrs a day he figure he deserves a BETTER Treat, so he buys a Call Girl. Same Shyt, looks better so it costs more; in the end EITHER can give ya a STD!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Not a snob in so far as price or quality, but if I am going to eat something high in calories, it better be GOOD!
    Exactly. Like, I used to eat food I only like an average amount, just because. But now, if I'm going to eat something high cal (and trust me, I only eat 2 meals a day so I have high cal meals all the time) I have to REALLY enjoy it. Things I'm not a fan of (cakes, pies, other sweets) I used to eat sometimes, but now that my calories are working towards a goal, I tend to only eat things that I love - cheese, meat, etc. If I'm eating something that I only like at an average rate, it's because I need it to meet my macros while still being under a certain calorie goal.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I guess Ive always been a food snob. I've never liked most of the major chain fast food cos it's just too greasy and salty for me and I prefer home cooked, fresh ingredient stuff. I still make burgers, pizza and mexican though.

I am very snobby about cheese though. If its not twenty years aged and strong enough to open the fridge by itself then Im not interested
  • zagon_the_ultimate
    zagon_the_ultimate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am very snobby about cheese though. If its not twenty years aged and strong enough to open the fridge by itself then Im not interested

I like you!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I ate three stadium hot dogs at the concert on saturday.....and a corn dog....they were awesome! I found them better tasting since I haven't had them in a while.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm a foodie...

I want a new experience.

That's all.

I want to put something in my mouth, that is new and interesting and see what it tastes like, what it feels like, what the flavor profile is like.

it doesn't have to always be the best of everything, but it has to be an experience.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm a foodie...

I want a new experience.

That's all.

I want to put something in my mouth, that is new and interesting and see what it tastes like, what it feels like, what the flavor profile is like.

it doesn't have to always be the best of everything, but it has to be an experience.

One of the reasons we're friends, lol!

This describes me almost perfectly.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call myself a food snob.

I just personally prefer to make & eat organic non-gmo food majority of the time.

I'll occasionally eat any of my favorite fast/junk "foods" at least once or twice a month though.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of "Throw it on the Ground" by Lonely Island haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

It is totally fine to eat what you want though! :)
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i was a food snob until my grocery bill skyrocketed to $200/week for 2 flipp'n people. i am a food snob when it comes to dining out. i'd rather save my money and go to an amazing restaurant once a month than go to a fast food place or chain restaurant once a week