Keto Weightloss

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a way to change the setting for food consumption to be based on Keto diet rather than calorie counting on the free FitnessPal?

Also is anyone subscribed to the Premier MyFitnessPal, if so is it worth the money and what benefits it has?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Change which setting? It you're on keto, you still need to be under calories to lose weight.

The premium benefits are listed on the page when you go to upgrade. Personally I canceled my premium when the logging dysfunctions started to adversely affect me.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited February 2020
    If you mean the macros, you can set those to whatever you like. The cals would be the same (but you can ignore them if you want). Lots of people here do low carb or keto and count cals too.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    edited February 2020
    You can just set your macros to something like 5-10% carbs, 20-30% protein, and the rest is fat. I'm sure there is more info on keto macros in the Low Carber Daily and Keto groups.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a way to change the setting for food consumption to be based on Keto diet rather than calorie counting on the free FitnessPal?

Also is anyone subscribed to the Premier MyFitnessPal, if so is it worth the money and what benefits it has?

You can modify the percentages. Something like 10% carbs, 25-30% protein and 60-65% fats.

Premium allows you to do specific grams or even alter based on the days. I like premium and have used it to vary my diet.