Will spin class increase my butt?

I like spin but I worry about building my gluts even more under my fluff. Thoughts?

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Nope but it will toughen up so the seat doesn't hurt. LOL
  • sdavis484
    sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
    I build muscle way too easily in my legs and butt! I was nervous. Thanks for the reassurances!
  • bozzasean
    bozzasean Posts: 59 Member
    There's nothing wrong with a women with nice glutes and quads.
  • Urun4me
    Urun4me Posts: 37 Member
    I haven't seen many of your posts. But I do enjoy the ones I've seen, and for some reason a lot of people take issue with you only eating 1200 calories.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has a quote where someone said to him that they don't want to lift like him because they don't want to look like him. His response is something to the effect of "don't worry, you never will."

I don't know if spinning will cause muscle gain in your glutes. What I do know is that if you are overweight, and you enjoy spinning as a method to assist you in your weight loss goals you should do it. If, at the end of your weight loss journey you decide your glutes are too strong (which personally would surprise me, but everyone has their own goals) you can simply stop spinning and take up some other activity. I think a lot of people will agree with me that it's not difficult to lose muscle.
  • sdavis484
    bozzasean wrote: »

The problem is, when you wear pants even muscular legs and booties look no different than fat ones!
  • vivo1972
    vivo1972 Posts: 129 Member
    sdavis484 wrote: »

The problem is, when you wear pants even muscular legs and booties look no different than fat ones!

They do look different and they move differently. Embrace strong glutes, they look great! Currently in vogue as well, I'm guessing that's why uplifted bum implants are so popular.

I watch the younger lasses exercising in the gym, they definitely have more curve behind and on the thigh than lasses that don't. A curve is different to 'big'. They look powerful, confident and attractive.

PS I'm not a perve voyeur just observant :D
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

No. Just no. :noway:
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    I build muscle way too easily in my legs and butt! I was nervous. Thanks for the reassurances!

It's very doubtful that you build muscle easily. A female on a serious strength and conditioning program (think like a college athletics offseason) with proper nutrition can maybe gain a pound of muscle a month.

Although it's very worthwhile, most would not consider that way too easily.

Good luck.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Spinning definitely has built muscles in my legs, not the butt,(other than sore saddle!) But I also incorporate weight training too.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    No spin will not build your glutes. It will certainly build your quads! I love my muscular and strong legs and glutes....they take me far!!!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

As someone who has had both fat and muscular legs and booties, this absolutely isn't true for me. Visually, there's a huge difference.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member

Uuhhhhhh NO
  • sdavis484
    I have an acquaintance that is really into CrossFit. She's not a thin girl. Her legs have become gigantic. I guess muscular with fat over the top? That is not a look that I personally want but YMMV.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Yeap, look like total fatties in those pants:
    9O2A9386_1800x1800.jpg?v=1553641554
    AO7I2148_720x.jpg?v=1570582254
  • sdavis484
    Personally, that girls butt is not what I'm striving for. Just a personal opinion. It's ok to be different!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I have an acquaintance that is really into CrossFit. She's not a thin girl. Her legs have become gigantic. I guess muscular with fat over the top? That is not a look that I personally want but YMMV.

What does this have to do with spinning or a muscular booty looking exactly the same as a fat one?

Nobody is telling you that you have to want to look like a particular overweight Crossfitter.

But I don't think your plan is to retain your current level of body fat while taking up Crossfit, is it?