Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

is MFP more important than marriage?

Replies

• allother94allother94 Posts: 454Member Member Posts: 454Member Member
    ... my husband and I work so much that it’s kind of like dog years. I haven’t seen him in 10 days, and we will celebrate Valentines Day this year by each working a 15-hour day. :(

I feel for you...
    edited February 9
  • neugebauer52neugebauer52 Posts: 1,091Member Member Posts: 1,091Member Member
    Depends whom you are married to... :)
  • LivingtheLeanDreamLivingtheLeanDream Posts: 12,710Member Member Posts: 12,710Member Member
    will be 8 years at MFP in May...
    and will be married 32 years in July :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDreamLivingtheLeanDream Posts: 12,710Member Member Posts: 12,710Member Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

My husband was my boss. Now, I am the boss... :D:D:D

LOL love this @gisel2015

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 368Member Member Posts: 368Member Member
    well, not really a debate (I hope! :o )

Today is my wedding anniversary and coincidentally I recieved this message from MFP on receiving my 7 year MFP poster badge: Wow! Seven years. Your community relationships have outlasted most marriages.

Do most marriages really last less than 7 years these days?? (or was that exagerated hyperbole??)

Mine has so far lasted for 34 .

#humblebrag ;):Do:)

My first one lasted 24 years. He had a heart attack which brought out the worst of his personality and he started hoarding and being awful to me. I hung on for four years, but I couldn't keep going.

My second hasn't started yet, but he's been talking about "after we're married" pretty casually. So it will happen.
  • paperpuddingpaperpudding Posts: 5,383Member Member Posts: 5,383Member Member
    thank you Carlos - and enjoy parenthood. :)

(been there, done that x 3 ;) )
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Posts: 230,612Member Member Posts: 230,612Member Member
    1st marriage 2 years
    2nd marriage 12 years
    3rd marriage 27 years and counting

Can't live with em, can't shoot em.

No seriously!! you can't shoot them (then bury them under the patio) it's against the law apparently.

It is? :o ut oh :#
    Married twice, single now.. honestly officer I don't know where they disappeared to 🤣
    edited February 12
  • TankiscoolTankiscool Posts: 11,209Member Member Posts: 11,209Member Member
    1st marriage 2 years
    2nd marriage 12 years
    3rd marriage 27 years and counting

Can't live with em, can't shoot em.

No seriously!! you can't shoot them (then bury them under the patio) it's against the law apparently.

Gosh darn technicalities and ruining our fun.
  • fdlewensteinfdlewenstein Posts: 177Member Member Posts: 177Member Member
    Congratulations! Seven years is a great accomplishment. On a side note...I just celebrated 30 years of marriage.
  • Carlos_421Carlos_421 Posts: 5,074Member Member Posts: 5,074Member Member
    thank you Carlos - and enjoy parenthood. :)

(been there, done that x 3 ;) )

And thank you!!
    Been a long time coming for us so we're pretty stoked.
  • estherdragonbatestherdragonbat Posts: 5,208Member Member Posts: 5,208Member Member
    I'm 17 yrs and counting.... To be fair, not even counting. 😂😂😂

Same!