HELP! Signed up for a bake sale... what do I bring??

Options
2»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Anything but rice krispie treats.

How comfortable are you with your baking abilities? When I go to bake sales, I make cream puffs. I bake the choux paste and take the whipped cream with me. Fill them upon purchase and they can be taken home or eaten right there. I usually sell out in the first 30 minutes.

Oh my goodness, this is such a fun idea! I've never seen this, but I am not surprised they sell out quickly.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Anything but rice krispie treats.

How comfortable are you with your baking abilities? When I go to bake sales, I make cream puffs. I bake the choux paste and take the whipped cream with me. Fill them upon purchase and they can be taken home or eaten right there. I usually sell out in the first 30 minutes.

Oh my goodness, this is such a fun idea! I've never seen this, but I am not surprised they sell out quickly.

I live in Wisconsin where cream puffs are kind of an obsession. Anything to show off our dairy.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I'd take the easy route and just make oatmeal butterscotch and oatmeal raisin cookies. Pretty cheap to make several dozen and hard to screw up. People love 'em.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I'd take the easy route and just make oatmeal butterscotch and oatmeal raisin cookies. Pretty cheap to make several dozen and hard to screw up. People love 'em.

@seltzermint555 I've never heard of oatmeal butterscotch cookies! Do you have a link to a recipe?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

@seltzermint555 I've never heard of oatmeal butterscotch cookies! Do you have a link to a recipe?

I have my recipe at home and it predates all the typical internet sites I think - but I just sub butterscotch chips for the raisins in an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe! People seem to love them. My mom calls them "oatmeal scotchies".
  • kshama2001
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I have my recipe at home and it predates all the typical internet sites I think - but I just sub butterscotch chips for the raisins in an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe! People seem to love them. My mom calls them "oatmeal scotchies".

That I can do, thanks!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Some really solid ideas... thinking I will do whoppie pies. Seems easy enough. My biggest concern is on how to plate and package...
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Brownies, Nanaimo Bars and Lemon Squares are usually good bets, as are most cookies.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    @pancakerunner - we await photos!! :)

Seriously inspired by the ideas though - !
    Thinking about carrot cake ... cookies and brownies... 😋
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Some really solid ideas... thinking I will do whoppie pies. Seems easy enough. My biggest concern is on how to plate and package...

How big are you going to make them? The ones around here would fit in a gallon open ended food storage bag, which you can close with a ribbon.
  • Jille0
    Jille0 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    kjiojfu4pnzj.jpg
    :D