Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

cravings

2»

Replies

• nxd10nxd10 Posts: 4,512Member, Premium Member Posts: 4,512Member, Premium Member
    I find I'm very satisfied with a little. One piece of chocolate. A quarter cup of ice cream. A cookie. Too much and I feel lousy. But I love the taste.

I have read that cravings pass in 30 seconds. So I do something else. If I still want it five minutes later I eat it.
  • Siberian2590Siberian2590 Posts: 48Member Member Posts: 48Member Member
    Crunchy peanut butter. There is no substitute.
  • escamillamaggie498escamillamaggie498 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Try substitute of candy, for example; if you are craving candy try the brand called Smart Sweet, has about 3g of sugar. You can have your treat and wont take over your macros. If you are craving chocolate maybe try a chocolate protein shake. There are even low carb low sugar ice-cream that can be found in grocery stores. Good luck!
  • SylphadoraSylphadora Posts: 70Member Member Posts: 70Member Member
    The fewer treats I have, the less I crave treats. In fact, about a month ago I decided to have zero sugary treats. Forever. On bad days, where I would have had a treat as "comfort" I eat a little more, but nothing sugary. So far so good. We constantly have this "abstinence vs moderation" discussion here, but after trying moderation for years, I've given up on it. Abstinence feels much easier.
    You might as well be describing me here :D I also tried moderation for years without success. It always backfired on me. Every. Single. Time. I quit sugar multiple times only to be lured into a false sense of security: "I haven't had sugar in months now and I seem to be doing OK. I think I can get away with having a piece of cake once a week. Right?" Wrong! Then I would be a whole week counting down the minutes to that moment I could have my piece of cake and all other meals were worthless in comparison to the 5 minutes in heaven the cake provided. Then I started resenting my normal meals and thinking like a brat: "Why do I have to wait a whole week for my treat?" Then I'd start having treats twice a week. Then I'd start eating way more than just a piece of cake. It snowballed and soon I was bingeing daily. I am not a moderator. I'm an abstainer
  • sardelsasardelsa Posts: 8,786Member Member Posts: 8,786Member Member
    I can usually push them off for months, maybe a year, but I need to know I can have it at some point in the future. If there is no hope then I get pretty sad.

Interestingly I usually crave light, crunchy, sauteed vegetables and other low calorie foods when I'm trying to gain. When I'm losing I just want more of what I am eating (since I typically don't cut stuff out) and other times I crave foods I don't have access to. Meals I've had at restaurants, family cooking, food I've had on vacation, food not available in Canada etc.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakescupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 460Member Member Posts: 460Member Member
    I get really odd cravings. Cottage cheese and protein bars. Baked potatoes. Bananas. Almonds.

They do pass sometimes but I’ll usually have some of what I want.

I’m not a moderator when it comes to chocolate or salted stuff like salted peanuts. I can eat them till they come out of my ears. So I don’t have them in the house often.