Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

General thoughts on Pho

13»

Replies

• janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member Posts: 22,699 Member Member Posts: 22,699 Member
    You can make you own that way you control the sodium and whatever you like in there. You might also like bi bim bap very good and you can use tho se 0 calories noodles

Bibimbap is a rice dish.
  • amtyrellamtyrell Member Posts: 1,449 Member Member Posts: 1,449 Member
    Fyi thai basil is very very easy to grow if you love pho and are considering your summer garden.
  • SisterSueGetsFitSisterSueGetsFit Member Posts: 1,155 Member Member Posts: 1,155 Member
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Fyi thai basil is very very easy to grow if you love pho and are considering your summer garden.

I just bought my first house a few months ago and it has raised garden beds. There will definitely be some basil in there!

• lynn_glenmontlynn_glenmont Member Posts: 7,847 Member Member Posts: 7,847 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    amtyrell wrote: »

Yes, I grow Thai basil. The variety I grow, if you don't harvest it regularly, it grows beautiful purple flowers. I froze a bunch of leaves last fall before the frost could kill it. Defrosted, it was fine for soup/stews, but not nice for garnish like fresh is.

What I get at the garden center has smallish leaves like this. Last time I had Pho at a restaurant, the leaves were enormous! (And abundant - I brought home the extras and used them in something else.)

0829-thai-basil-herb.jpg

Oh, that's a great idea. I can't believe I haven't thought to do that -- they give you so much, and obviously they can't serve it to anyone else once it's been on your plate. I could bring home the jalapenos, too, since I don't much care for a big slice in my soup, but could chop it up for something I make at home.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,910 Member Member Posts: 8,910 Member
    Pho??? Pho sho!!!
  • karahm78karahm78 Member Posts: 478 Member Member Posts: 478 Member
    I get a huge bowl of pho sac biet and eat allllll the noodles lol