Your current view....

Replies

• BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »
    Homemade blueberry-strawberry pie. I'm not a sweet eater, but strawberries were too sour... too early in the season, I guess (hard to believe in SoFL) & I had to do something with them, so I rolled out some dough. I love to knead & roll dough... big stress release. Blueberries were a mix of organic frozen & fresh with a touch of monkfruit as sweetener.

With the excess dough, I cut out hearts with a knife & baked them alongside the pie. Don't know what I'm going to do with them... eat with eggs in the morning in place of toast? Spray paint them & string them up as docorations? Feed the alligators in the canal?

6q6r7merv20c.jpg

🤤. I don’t eat sweets either but good lawd that looks good. I’d love a tiny slice of strawberry-rhubarb pie though.

:smile: Thanks... if you're in Tampa, you're welcome to a slice.

Never had rhubarb, but any pies I make are always poor produce choices on my part... either too much of some really ripe fruit or it's not sweet. I don't like to waste, so a pie or cake it becomes.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    🤤. Imma be so fat at weigh in tomorrow morning.

r0jy6h096x8a.jpeg

nfvhok133asp.jpeg

9t01rrvft90e.jpeg
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member

r0jy6h096x8a.jpeg

nfvhok133asp.jpeg

9t01rrvft90e.jpeg

Omg
  • tmanfive

r0jy6h096x8a.jpeg

nfvhok133asp.jpeg

9t01rrvft90e.jpeg

Oh yeah. Sooooo fat.

Oysters
    Frog legs
    Clams
    Craw fish
    Crab legs
    Car fish
    Fried green tomatoes
    Hush puppies
    Corn
    Taters
    Shrimp

Wish you were here…
    🤤

5cwg3znx0lds.jpeg
  • yfznat
    yfznat Posts: 11 Member
    9fi8p9sugn4l.jpeg
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    My gals…

The smaller one just won’t go in any further…

The larger one will jump in on top of me to save me and nearly drown me in the process 😂

m9n1ef3nkojo.jpeg

x3me9lur7ndl.jpeg

Beautiful German shepherds. My parents have one too. 😊
  • Masyn88
    Masyn88 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Suns out buns out. Y’all enjoy lovin’ life and livin’ yer dream.

dgsrzra7bhp9.jpeg

This view makes me happy.

I also say ya'll and yer n such too so it made it feel that much more like something I'd see near home. ❤
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    And, with a widend *kitten* and a fat belly it’s time to suns out buns out relax again but this time with a couple fingers of 12 year old whiskey and ol’ girl.

Cheers.

r8cb0hr36f1o.jpeg

Probably didn't save any hush puppies did ya? We went to NC a few years back and ended up ordering several orders of those things before we felt like we'd had anywhere near enough. Soooo Good!!
    But the frog's legs? No thank you.
  • tmanfive
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    And, with a widend *kitten* and a fat belly it’s time to suns out buns out relax again but this time with a couple fingers of 12 year old whiskey and ol’ girl.

Cheers.

r8cb0hr36f1o.jpeg

Probably didn't save any hush puppies did ya? We went to NC a few years back and ended up ordering several orders of those things before we felt like we'd had anywhere near enough. Soooo Good!!
    But the frog's legs? No thank you.

I make my meals huge and nibble on them for days. I’ve got left over everything. I snatch what I’m going to graze on out the fridge in the morning, toss the plate in the warming drawer, and snack all day long. That way I don’t have to cook except for every few days.

Frog legs are really good and have absolutely no fishy taste depending on how they are cooked. I dipped them in sweet cream, dredged in flower seasoned with spicy cajun seasoning then pan fried them for about 5 minutes each side.

If you get a batch of froglets that are fishy tasting soaking them in buttermilk for a couple few hours helps.

My frog legs are similar to chicken legs except the meat is more tender and the meat falls off the bone. Imagine a chicken flapper, twist and pull the one bone out, stuff it in your mouth, then bite the meat off the bone. It’s like that except the meat literally falls off without the knuckle carriage you sometimes get with chicken flappers.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Before I mow the grass...

mznw2a2ki0nk.jpg
  • tmanfive
    edited June 2021
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Before I mow the grass...

mznw2a2ki0nk.jpg

This ^^^ and this... Plus chasing my toddler at the playground today made for a beautiful day...

ukh01oegro6w.jpg

Stellar. Hope your toddler had a wonderful time.

So much nicer than my grass. I should mow it.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    7g87wdgwpfpf.jpg
    My son caught launch. 😋

Yesssssssssss :):)
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    7g87wdgwpfpf.jpg
    My son caught launch. 😋

Will be over..
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    edited June 2021
    The canal is 10-steps from my window.

Only saw 2 gators today, but countless locals dragging their feet in the water... off the sides of boats, small rafts being dragged by boats, 3-4 20-somethings playing Nijinski on 1 ski-mobile... & a few risk-taking teens tossing fireworks into the water while standing on top of boats before falling in.

I can't believe there aren't at least 2 kids being eaten by gators, daily.

yir22nf7sd5n.jpg
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    lx1x wrote: »
    7g87wdgwpfpf.jpg
    My son caught launch. 😋

Will be over..

Bring Snickers. 😁
    lx1x wrote: »