Please help

I am needing advise on weight lifting. I am current 12.5st and most of my weight is around my middle. I am fed up of starting again again lol so I gave decided to get a personal trainer to help me learn to lift. Does anyone have any tips, advise or progress pics for inspiration xxx

Replies

• Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Starting with a PT is a actually a great start!

If you are looking for inspiration, that's the topic: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Bell004725 wrote: »
    I am needing advise on weight lifting. I am current 12.5st and most of my weight is around my middle. I am fed up of starting again again lol so I gave decided to get a personal trainer to help me learn to lift. Does anyone have any tips, advise or progress pics for inspiration xxx

There are lots of beginner lifting programs out there. Strong Lifts and Starting Strength just to name two. They all follow the same basic principle of compound (multi-muscle) lifts that get progressively heavier. If you hire a PT mention that to them and they can help you.

That said keep in mind that, while lifting will absolutely make you stronger and healthier, it won't do much, if anything at all about your 'middle'. Weight loss happens in the kitchen and all the lifting in the world isn't going to cause weight loss unless you're also eating to maintain a calorie deficit.

Strength and fitness comes from barbell plates, weight loss comes from dinner plates.

G'luck