Not losing weight

Options
Help....
I've barely lost 1kg in the last 6 weeks,
I'm tracking food, and exercising 5 times a week (almost twice as much as previously) and still seem to just maintain...
I get that the calories counted on the fitness tracker can be a bit inaccurate, but, I'm looking at on average 5000 calories under my net intake every week and that doesn't include the 2100 that i have programmed the calorie counter to deduct to lose .5kg a week.
Even with a margin of error I can't be that far out that I'm consuming 7000 extra calories a week...help....
I'm 50, female , have went from 22st to 15st in 18 mths and I'm stuck here for like 3 months

Replies

• Choppdogg777
    Choppdogg777 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Are you toning up still tho ?
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    k0pplcov8bqy.jpg
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    dawn200670 wrote: »
    Help....
    I've barely lost 1kg in the last 6 weeks,
    I'm tracking food, and exercising 5 times a week (almost twice as much as previously) and still seem to just maintain...
    I get that the calories counted on the fitness tracker can be a bit inaccurate, but, I'm looking at on average 5000 calories under my net intake every week and that doesn't include the 2100 that i have programmed the calorie counter to deduct to lose .5kg a week.
    Even with a margin of error I can't be that far out that I'm consuming 7000 extra calories a week...help....
    I'm 50, female , have went from 22st to 15st in 18 mths and I'm stuck here for like 3 months

Well done on your loss, that's fantastic!
    You obviously know what you're doing but have you reset your stats to account for your new weight?
    And are you logging as accurately as possible?
    Plateaus do happen so it might be that you need a little break and perhaps eat at maintenance for a time, or it's that you just need to ride it out and if you're doing everything right it'll happen.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale? You've lost 7 stone. You're going to have to be more accurate with your calories now than you did when you were heavier. Check out these threads.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10697068/how-i-stopped-kidding-myself/p1
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,607 Member
    Options
    Food scale, yes

Diet break, possibly yes

Look at your weight trend in a weight trend app. Why? Because while "barely 1kg" does make me confident that the weight is no longer flying away like it used to; it doesn't make me feel confident in your math :wink: And 2100 Cal built in deficit for half a kilo doesn't increase that confidence either because you're looking at 3850 to 4000 Cal for a half kilo of fat loss! :persevere:

Look, it's expected to slow down, and increased exercise could both be masking some weight loss and could be impacting your non exercise activity reducing your actual deficit in spite of an apparent larger paper deficit.

You've done excellent so far.

Continue setting the preconditions and environment for further weight loss and it will happen.

Push too far and make things too hard on yourself and you risk disappointment while increasing the risk of failing to comply in the future.

Protect your wins and keep building on them by making long term choices that help you continue on the right path.

You're lighter and the rate of almost 2lbs a week is quite fast. Maybe not too fast for someone starting at 210lbs, but probably too much for someone who already has a year of losses at that rate.

Recalibrate your numbers and consider trying for a smaller weekly weight loss and, if you didn't have any diet breaks during this past year, seriously consider having one.

And look at your trend instead of just scale weight, especially moving forward! Take care and well done so far!!!!