Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Advice Needed

2»

Replies

• littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 701 Member
    Is it possible to do some batch cooking at the weekend, prep some things the previous night, or use a slow cooker? For me on week nights I need dinner to be ready to eat within an hour, any longer than that gets really difficult.

On days I know it has to be later, I'll have something small late afternoon. Otherwise I end up ravenous and eat everything I can get my hands on.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    bearly63 wrote: »
    What works for me (granted I am eating on a more intermittant fasting schedule due to my morning workouts and when we have dinner - so first meal is at 11, lunch is at 3ish and dinner is at 7:30) is having some protein at 5-6. I am lazy and don't want to eat high sodium lunch meat etc so I usually go with a decent protein drink like Iconic or Evolve. The chocolate is pretty good and it sates me. I get more protein, its 130 calories and I don't snack on salty, carby foods that I cannot control portion size ie chips,popcorn, etc. And drink tons of water....before you eat anything, down a glass of cold water. Or have a cup of hot tea. Sometimes that redirects your food thoughts. You have been successful on MFP so that is fantastic. Keep going, mix things up, try some new workouts. You will get there!

I normally meal prep my lunches, maybe I should meal prep a protein heavy "snack" of around 200 calories to have when I get home from work, or to have around 4pm at work and see if that helps, Ill check out those protein drinks today when I go to the store, that might be a good alternative, I could drink one on my way home each day, I have about a 40 minute drive!

This is exactly what I was going to suggest :)

Going to long without food and getting too hungry often leads to unplanned overeating.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Is it possible to do some batch cooking at the weekend, prep some things the previous night, or use a slow cooker? For me on week nights I need dinner to be ready to eat within an hour, any longer than that gets really difficult.

On days I know it has to be later, I'll have something small late afternoon. Otherwise I end up ravenous and eat everything I can get my hands on.

I should look into some slow cooker recipes, I honestly havent used one in so long that might be a good option though!
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    I'm struggling with the exact same problem. Starting weight in 2009 was 210 and my ending weight was 161 which was still 9lbs away from my goal but I decided that I was happy where I "landed". I maintained that weight for 4 years but my numbers slowly started to creep up after 4 years of maintaining. I used to work with a trainer twice a week the whole time I was maintaining but it got to be a financial burden and I told myself I could do the workouts without the trainer. Apparently not because after a year I'd go up 5 and then maintain for a few weeks then i'd go up 5 more and then back down.. It was a vicious cycle. One year ago I quit smoking and instantly gained 15 pounds. I'm currently sitting at 187 and I just can't make the scale budge. I am good about maintaining my calories throughout the week. The weekends are what kill me, especially the alcohol. I drink white claw but they still have calories even if they are low carb. The most frustrating part is I know what I need to do but I can't seem to get there. Maybe I need to consider the trainer to push me again.

I also gained about 15 lbs when I quit smoking, that took about 3 months to lose but my weight has crept up again, if the trainer was working for you before maybe try it again! But if its a financial burden maybe you could find an alternative. I went to a spinning class recently and couldnt walk for a few days it was so challenging! I was confused because I regularly use the bike at the gym, turns out I wasnt challenging myself at all, now that I know what a good workout on the bike feels like, I know what to do!

Now that I don't have the trainer I realize she was the only thing pushing me. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week but I do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights, I know that is only helping me maintain and not lose.

I will look into doing some classes. I am hoping that once spring arrives here I can get outside and be active too.