Less Alcohol - MARCH 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am super glad to have found this thread! I was going to join OneyearNobeer on Facebook but I’m currently avoiding Facebook because of misinformation and coronavirus fear mongering. Anyways MFP seems like a more enjoyable social platform! I originally wanted to completely quit alcohol for a year, but still coming back from an extended vacation it’s proving a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I am however doing well with cutting down. I use to be a habitual binge drinker. For close to 3 years of my life I would drink to blackout/oblivion nearly every weekend. The biggest goal of mine regarding drinking is to not binge. If I am going to drink I’m trying to refrain myself to 1-2 drinks a day. Since drinking is still a part of my life, I am trying to tell myself it’s OK if I have a glass of wine at dinner. I am focusing on creating healthier drinking patterns (ex a beer here, a glass of wine there) rather than needing to drink to numb my brain to the point of oblivion. That being said, I would like to cut out those (unnecessary) alcoholic beverages in order to help with my weightloss goals. And to heal my liver. I’m looking forward to joining this journey with you all. Please feel free to add me as a friend or message me if you’d like!

Welcome to the thread @jillianash. You have landed at the right place to reduce alcohol. No judgement here. If you have not seen page one yet, it has a load of helpful information to refer to.
    I was a very abusive binge drinker not to long ago. Now I limit myself to a two drinks only rule when I do partake. Makes waking up in the morning a lot more pleasant.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Day 11 AF done!
    Zumba fans @dawnbgethealthy and @whitpauly: would agree Zumba helps the weight loss effort, for sure it seems to lower stress
    @Womona: ski trip with drinks sounds wonderful right now!

• CliveSmith2015
    CliveSmith2015 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    10 out of 13 AF for the month
    This weekend will be having a couple, youngest daughter is getting engaged, a time for celebration me thinks πŸ‘πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Old habit: 1-4 drinks/evening.
    Goal: Ease into only drinking on Friday & Saturday! Consistently be AF 5 days a week. ( 22 AF / 31 days)

January - 15 AF / 27 days.
    February - 17 AF / 29 days.

Mar 1- AF :D
    Mar 2- AF :D
    Mar 3- AF :D
    Mar 4- AF :D
    Mar 5- AF :D
    Mar 6- 2 Drinks (Friday)
    Mar 7- 2 Drinks (Saturday)
    Mar 8- 2 Drinks
    Mar 9- 2 Drinks
    Mar 10- AF :D

Daily note: Might not drink this Friday or Saturday to make up for my slip up this week....

6 AF / 10 days
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @Womona I think many of us are getting back on track. Snowy vacation with hot, creamy, sweet something in a cup...oh my mind wanders.

@KrazedBemused I hope you get your neck pain worked out and the headache goes away very soon...
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    @forestdweller1
    Yes, I started listening to the news when I got up very early in the morning and throughout the day in my car going from job to job.
    I am in Canada and our Prime Minister (Justin Trudeau) and his wife (Sophie Gregoire) and their children are now in quarantine - she had been doing a speaking engagement in London, so picked it up there or on some airplane.
    NBA cancelled in the morning, and as the day went on so did the NHL, Nascar, Soccer...MLB has postponed training camps.
    Sneaky virus, people don't know that they have it for 2 weeks, so everyone that they came into contact with before that are now carriers too. Hard for countries to be proactive instead of reactive.

Good that you had some Chianti with fabulous sounding food. Once in awhile makes one appreciate it more.
    If your goal is to give it up forever then you will do that I believe.
    Personally I don't intend to ever be "sober", but I am pretty happy to be able to stick to the monthly alcohol goals that I have set for myself. This thread helps so much.

I guess that you would have missed Empty Bowls this year anyway because it was to be on the Ides of March.
    I am intrigued as to what the event entails.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @Womona Plenty of time left in the month.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    Stressful times here...stressful times ahead. Da'Burgh is a hugely sports oriented city, so the cancellation of all games, great and small, is a blow to morale and economy...and the cancellation of the St Patty's Day parade is akin to the cancelling of Sunday Mass {which has just been done] . I wasn't planning on leaving my house this Sunday anyway, due to long-standing personal issues with family tragedies happening on the Ides of March, so I just don't go....anywhere, on that day.
    I was feeling a bit sad that I would not be going to the Empty Bowl Dinner this year [03/15/20] but it was just cancelled today, so I kinda felt better. Several states, many lovely bowls, this will be the first I've missed in decades. Soups are pretty good. too.

Concentrating on gathering pasta and canned goods for the daughter and grandchildren of a neighbor. My consolation prize.

Listened to the evening news....%$*&...

Roasted some asparagus and sweet yellow peppers, served with cheese and crackers and a large bottle of Chianti...tired of pouring teeny 3 ounce glasses, so I'm quitting with the bottle way more than half full.
    Can't remember the last time I had wine...I think that's a good thing....MissMay probably knows...she tracks everything...LOL

Going to bed sober, content, satisfied with my efforts.
    Not perfect, and offering encouragment and hugs to anyone, who like me, is mostly hanging on by fingernails hoping that tomorrow will bring the enlightenment that will lead to permanent sobriety.
    I had no idea that is where you are. I was born and grew up 1 hour away SW of there. Home is where the heart is. Sorry you are missing out on your empty bowls dinner. We had one up here where I live now back in Feb. It was delightful, second time I attended. Over 20 varieties to enjoy. All for good causes. Off the top of my head I would say it has been awhile since you partook in wine.πŸ€—

I won't get into a sermon about the virus situation because we seem to have plenty of media to fill our heads with that. Eat well, keep clean and don't lower your immune system by consuming to much alcohol. Remember your liver is a filter and can not do it's proper function if it is gummed up by to much booze.

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

• anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Feeling burned out this week. Reflected on why I had two unplanned nights of drinking this week and I have a plan for moving forward. Gotta make my tea a nightly ritual again and ask my husband to help even if that means just me staying away from the kitchen during that time of the night. ❀️ to all.

3/1 - more like 3 drinks πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
    3/2 - AF drinking my tea and hoping for good sleep tonight
    3/3 - AF drinking my tea
    3/4 - AF drinking my tea
    3/5 - AF drinking my tea. No cravings tonight - yay!
    3/6 - 2 drinks
    3/7 - 2 drinks
    3/8 - AF sparkling water and maybe drinking my tea in an hour or so
    3/9 - 2 drinks - planned book club
    3/10 - AF
    3/11 - 2 drinks - unplanned
    3/12 - 1 drink - unplanned

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I'm a Pittsburgh girl too, born and raised 40 minutes outside of Pittsburgh and lived there for 21 years of my life. Been gone a long, long time. @forestdweller1 Hugs to you..hang on.