Less Alcohol - MARCH 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• achristian03
    achristian03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker I'm in the same boat with the chocolate/sweets. Been AF since Jan 6, but girl scout cookie season came and I got lax allowing a treat many days since I nixed the wine/beer. My sugar dragon is even more knarley than the booze dragon! Lol
    Trying to swap back to Icelandic Provisions brand skyr in chocolate/coconut or key lime pie flavor. Still has some sugar, but the higher protein seems to tame the hunger. Good luck!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Day 9 AF done! Good reminder about the protein, I do need to eat more of it!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy , you inspire me when you say: Coming up to 60 this year and know that I need to define how that is going to be.

I'm close behind you and thanks to a clearer head from back to back AF days, think the same. We define how it's going to be.

Oh you kids! There is nothing to fear about turning 60. I did it in October and it was smooth sailing. I was more afraid of turning 30 than 60.
  • KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Feeling really flat the last couple of weeks but happy to say 8/10 AF days for March!
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Busy week at work but it’s going okay so far. My husband is freaking out a bit about coronavirus and I’m trying to stay calm but also listen to him since he never acts like this. I just wish he wouldn’t bring it up right before bed. Hope you’re all doing well!

3/1 - more like 3 drinks 🤦‍♀️
    3/2 - AF drinking my tea and hoping for good sleep tonight
    3/3 - AF drinking my tea
    3/4 - AF drinking my tea
    3/5 - AF drinking my tea. No cravings tonight - yay!
    3/6 - 2 drinks
    3/7 - 2 drinks
    3/8 - AF sparkling water and maybe drinking my tea in an hour or so
    3/9 - 2 drinks
    3/10 - AF

• KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    9/11 AF days so far! It’s my buddy’s birthday this weekend. So I have planned drinks for Saturday as I feel sangria will be on the cards!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a great distraction @globalhiker👍 plus it seems like the weight just melts off doing that
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Good luck with the job search and with stopping smoking! Baby steps, yes...
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Old habit: 1-4 drinks/evening.
    Goal: Ease into only drinking on Friday & Saturday! Consistently be AF 5 days a week. ( 22 AF / 31 days)

January - 15 AF / 27 days.
    February - 17 AF / 29 days.

Mar 1- AF :D
    Mar 2- AF :D
    Mar 3- AF :D
    Mar 4- AF :D
    Mar 5- AF :D
    Mar 6- 2 Drinks
    Mar 7- 2 Drinks
    Mar 8- 2 Drinks
    Mar 9- 2 Drinks

Daily note: Uhhhhh yeah... kinda fell off the no drinking during the week wagon. Today is a new day though!!!

5 AF / 9 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options
    As usual, I am going to try for 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I had 18AF days for January
    I had a surprising (and record setting for me) 21AF days for the short month of February!

Sunday March 01 - AF - The month kind of came in like a lamb out West.
    Monday March 02 - AF - Tomorrow is my designated drinks day, we'll see. It could have been the strategy that led to 2 AF days in a row, knowing that I have a drinks day coming up. Definitely going to stick with my newest rule to have at least 2 AF days in a row in between which will add up over the month.
    Tuesday March 03 - AF - It is my designated drink day, and I felt like having drinks but decided not to today.
    Wednesday March 04 - AF - I just read up on Kava, it is banned in Canada due to severe liver damage and deaths! Yikes. Guess that I won't be trying that as a relaxing alternative to booze. I will stick with my sugar free jello on AF days.
    Thursday March 05 - 3 drinks, started from work stress (so using it as a stress reliever still) but after the first sip I was feeling better. I have been applying for new jobs, I have known that I have to make a change in that area for quite some time. I already feel like I have made changes to drink less and am feeling pretty successful at that so far. Coming up to 60 this year and know that I need to define how that is going to be. I think that the days of daily drinking are behind me now. Posting daily on this thread gives me the impetus to keep that in check. Quitting smoking will be a big challenge, but that is on my radar too. Losing weight, cutting down drinking...well, I can't quite quit everything just yet. Baby steps.
    Friday March 06 - AF - Felt like having a few drinks, but didn't because of my recent 2AF days in a row rule.
    Saturday March 07 - 3 drinks
    Sunday March 08 - AF
    Monday March 09 - AF - Going to be AF for at least a few days, I have lots going on this week.
    Tuesday March 10 - AF - Stressful work day, my usual drinks day, maybe later in the week.
    Wednesday March 11 - AF - Early morning tomorrow, so no drinks tonight.

Running tally: 9AF days out of 11 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Day 10 AF done! My challenge today is to find my happiness. It wasn't there when I work up! The week is not looking promising, with 4 straight days of constant rain here in Arizona limiting my outside running. Our planned hiking holiday in June at Jasper and Banff in Canada is also starting to look iffy. This month will be a big test for me, to see how I manage emotions and coronavirus stress without relying on wine and chocolate and chips. Today it's hard to put on those rose-colored glasses but I have to try right? Maybe I will break out some old Zumba DVDs and get some cardio in to start off the day.

I love Jasper, I haven't been in quite some time.
    Isn't rain rare for Arizona?
    I do Zumba every day to loosen up my body and even out my mental health. Hope that did the trick for you.
    The pounds do not fall off of me though @whitpauly I wish!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @dawnbgethealthy Good luck with the job search and with stopping smoking! Baby steps, yes...

I have not thought any further about quitting smoking, it was a passing thought. I cut back quite a bit on one day and was up 2 pounds the next day. It might not be the time just yet, I will have to want to do it. Doing very well at drinking less at least : - )