Less Alcohol - MARCH 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Day 15 AF done! And no snacks or sweets after dinner! Watched American Idol instead.
  • KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Oh well! A couple of unplanned glasses of wine tonight with dinner... so sitting at 13/17 AF days for March!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @LoveyChar I was TOTALY talking about my drinking brain. I am like a kid on Spring break when it comes to that. Not a good trait, but one I am aware of.
    I am glad you and so many others can go AF and then let loose. This old bird knows better not to try.

Have a great day.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    17/17
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I'm here because like all or most of you, I struggle with urges. Today is one of those days...I will get through it, but every other thought today is that...

@helen_goldthorpe Nice job, nice job!
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hanging in there. Kids have done really well with the schedule we set up, which includes 2 hours of outside time. Supposed to rain tomorrow but still thinking they can have fun with raincoats and boots but maybe not as long.

3/1 - more like 3 drinks 🤦‍♀️
    3/2 - AF drinking my tea and hoping for good sleep tonight
    3/3 - AF drinking my tea
    3/4 - AF drinking my tea
    3/5 - AF drinking my tea. No cravings tonight - yay!
    3/6 - 2 drinks
    3/7 - 2 drinks
    3/8 - AF sparkling water and maybe drinking my tea in an hour or so
    3/9 - 2 drinks - planned book club
    3/10 - AF
    3/11 - 2 drinks - unplanned
    3/12 - 1 drink - unplanned
    3/13 - AF drinking my tea
    3/14 - 2 drinks - planned
    3/15 - 2 drinks - unplanned
    3/16 - 2 drinks - unplanned
    3/17 - AF drinking my tea

8/17 days AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    Well @shorepine you could buy the wine and leave it sit there, or have a bit once in awhile. You will feel stocked up.
    You are doing well at drinking less.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    18/18.
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    thank you @dawnbgethealthy. I am doing well at drinking less, it helps to come here and write it down everyday. I would love to get to the point where I could keep wine around and not drink it all! Maybe having some nice wine would help me commit to that goal, it's the kind of thing I'd want to savor.

I am currently battling hotels.com to get some of my money refunded for the canceled trip. The hotel has said they are happy to return the money if only the hotels.com people will call them directly and explain that the trip was canceled due to the pandemic. However, it is impossible to actually talk to anyone from the booking service about this. I will never book through a booking service again! Been on hold pretty much the whole day, or you can't ge tthr

Long story short- if I actually see any of the money, I'm going to splurge on a case at the local winery who is really needing the business. Then I'll commit to savoring it over the course of a year or more.