March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Great run! Love the beaver picture!

@hamsterwheel6 Good luck on your HM tomorrow!

@MegaMooseEsq I'm glad you were able to work things out with your employer. I'm sure that is a big load lifted from your shoulders. Hope you are able to get out for some runs, or at least some outdoor time. That usually lifts my spirits. Hugs!

@bearly63 Glad your son is feeling better. Hope he has a quick recovery.

WTG @hanlonsk ! Progress is a real motivator, for me anyway!

@PastorVincent I'm glad you made it home before the weather got too bad. Also hope the tornadoes stayed away.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    3/2 – 6.56 miles
    3/3 – 3.10 miles
    3/4 - 5.01 miles
    3/5 – 3.25 miles
    3/6 – 5.07 miles
    3/7 – 14.07 miles
    3/9 – 5.11 miles
    3/11 – 5.05 miles
    3/14 – 15.49 miles (Peyton’s Wild and Wacky 50k – 2 person relay)
    3/16 – 5.67 miles
    3/18 – 5.16 miles (am); 1.03 (pm)
    3/20 – 5.53 mile birthday run
    3/21 – 10 miles
    3/22 – 9 miles + 1.57 walk
    3/25 – 5.07 miles
    3/26 – 3.26 miles
    3/27 – 5.51 miles
    3/28 – 13.12 miles

126.8/100 miles

It was a beautiful morning for a run. The tulips and daffodils were in bloom and the cherry trees were blossoming. I didn’t have my phone with me or I would have taken pictures to share with those of you who are either stuck inside or can’t venture too far from home. It was a nice 65F at the start. By the time I finished the sun was out and the temp was rising. I met four other friends and we ran 3 miles together (at a safe distance) before I split off. I then continued on by myself and a few miles later I saw a couple of other friends and ran with them for about 3 miles. They do the walk/run method so that’s what I did also while I was with them. I ended up doing 13.1 and I’m calling it my Quarantine Half. I was registered to run a half marathon last Saturday that was postponed and a 5K today that was also postponed. Maybe I will get the 5K in tomorrow.

@quilteryoyo – Congratulations on your run! Beautiful pictures. Is that trail in Greenville? I carry water with me for most runs over 5 miles especially in the warmer weather.
    @avidkeo – Oh what a struggle. I have no advice on whether you should distance yourself from your hubby and kids. Just a virtual hug for you and all those on the front lines.
    @kgirlhart – How is your son doing? Glad to be back in the US?
    All right @emmamcgarity find that running mojo – our RTY team needs you! And, of course, you will feel better for doing it!
    @katharmonic – your workouts are so inspirational!
    @hamsterwheel6 – good luck with your HM tomorrow!
    Hugs for you too @MegaMooseEsq
    @bearly63 – so glad your son is doing well!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    wrote: »
    So not only did I run, I ran almost as far as I had hoped to, and I even showed some progress!!

Well done!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 yes ma’am! Heading out as soon as this rain storm passes!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    I forgot to mention my first run in 6 days yesterday which was just a general 5 mile 'see how you feel' run and I equalled my PB for 5k at 29:30 which I've only done once before and my second best time is 30:16.

Hey, well done!!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    5 more miles and I'm at goal! I was going to run yesterday after work, because it was so beautiful out. It was 55 degrees and sunny, and its been in the upper 30's and windy and wet the last week or so. I had a bit of a headache so was already second guessing it, but then I realized... it's Friday evening. And its nice out. Everyone and their brother is going to be out. Having a reactive dog, I decided I might just skip it and save myself the extra head pain and run today and tomorrow, because its going to rain. I like running in the rain. It's peaceful.

So did you get to run in the rain?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    @shanaber Black toe nails? I have certainly missed out!

Run long enough it will happen. And they will fall off too. Enjoy :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Thanks! He is well and he is glad to be back. He's disappointed though because he hasn't been able to see anyone yet and I think he was really looking forward to that.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Glad you had a good run and got your HM done! Bonus to get to run with friends! Thanks. Yes, that trail is in Greeneville, well, actually Tusculum. It's called the Tusculum Trail.

I got my new running skort in the mail yesterday. I hope to get to run in it next week and see how I like it. Another purchase may be on the horizon if I do. It's from Dona Jo Brand. I got it because it has big pockets in the undershorts where I can carry my phone and keys without fear of losing them. Does anyone else run in these? If so, what's your review?
    bz216vhvzrfz.jpg
    I love running skirts! I've never tried the Dona Jo brand though. All of mine are from Gypsy Runner. I have thick thighs and the undershorts stay perfectly in place. I'm afraid to try others! A couple of my friends like the ones from Blyss Runner. They are designed by a lady in Asheville.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    5 more miles and I'm at goal! I was going to run yesterday after work, because it was so beautiful out. It was 55 degrees and sunny, and its been in the upper 30's and windy and wet the last week or so. I had a bit of a headache so was already second guessing it, but then I realized... it's Friday evening. And its nice out. Everyone and their brother is going to be out. Having a reactive dog, I decided I might just skip it and save myself the extra head pain and run today and tomorrow, because its going to rain. I like running in the rain. It's peaceful.

So did you get to run in the rain?

Not yet! I still have almost an hour of work lol
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 I'll keep those brands in mind if these don't work out.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I have never heard of or seen a running skirt until now. You look cute it in, happy running to you!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Those look great on you! I never thought I would run in a skort, I have big ole thunder thighs, so the thought of anything cute for me to run in was out. It was what I could find that could fit my tree trunk legs that would stay down when I ran. When I started training for my duathalon, I got a pair of tri-shorts and they were wonderful! I got a 2nd pair and used them for a few years, adding in a couple pairs of spandex shorts along they way. Last year, I was in a TJ Maxx and saw a cute running skort, so I thought I would try it on, and it fit! So, I did my 1st run in it, then ordered some body glide, and have found I LOVE running in it! I found another skort in a charity shop over the winter, and will be rotating them this summer. I love the length of yours.

I did go on the sites you and @Teresa502 suggested and I'm afraind I'm too cheap for them, though, no matter HOW cute they are.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Glad you had a good run and got your HM done! Bonus to get to run with friends! Thanks. Yes, that trail is in Greeneville, well, actually Tusculum. It's called the Tusculum Trail.

I got my new running skort in the mail yesterday. I hope to get to run in it next week and see how I like it. Another purchase may be on the horizon if I do. It's from Dona Jo Brand. I got it because it has big pockets in the undershorts where I can carry my phone and keys without fear of losing them. Does anyone else run in these? If so, what's your review?
    bz216vhvzrfz.jpg

That is really cute! I picked up my first crumbling skirt at Target. It’s really comfortable and I’m liking it better than my capri leggings or shorts. I’ve posted a couple of recent photos of it in the spoiler.
    42ueiiewqats.jpeg
    qht1bxcrk3h6.jpeg
    [\spoiler]