March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Phase 1 complete - the exercise room is open!
    wbmy3a385cqo.jpg
    guhysretb44k.jpg
    7d337qa3jihh.jpg

Now for phase 2 - Making the pool table and dart board useable in here;
    yz3edac31jd1.jpg

You're halfway there...
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    2 more miles and I hit my goal! I've got a 3 mile planned for tonight and a 4 mile planned for Tuesday so that will put me well over :)
    This is almost as addictive as watching the scale go down

Yay!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Phase 1 complete - the exercise room is open!
    wbmy3a385cqo.jpg
    guhysretb44k.jpg
    7d337qa3jihh.jpg

Now for phase 2 - Making the pool table and dart board useable in here;
    yz3edac31jd1.jpg

Wow! You have enough stuff you could start charging admission LOL
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @pastorvincent - thunderstorm running does not sound fun, although probably poetically dramatic! Glad you managed to get back and hope you got your run rescheduled.

I have run in thunderstorms before, even hail. Hail is the worst btw! But never on purpose. :) Many of my long runs are 3 and 4 hours long. If you put that much time in outside, sooner or later you will run in all the available weather types for your region.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @Avidkeo those rolls look amazing!

I did manage to get out for 7 miles in the neighborhood. The run was slow and easy hitting all the cul de sacs and every bit of cracked/uneven sidewalk. But it felt good to just run and listen to podcasts along my way.

I’m toying with the idea of going to a trail run tomorrow put on by my run club. It’s not a group run at all. One of the leaders will be marking a 3 mile path early in the day through the trail and 3 separate tunnels in the area. He said that he’ll be dropping the markings for the path using baking flour. He promises no muddy trails and wide paths and scenic views. We are encouraged to run the route solo any time over the next few days and maintain social distance if others happen to be on the trail. I hadn’t planned to run tomorrow, but it sounds kind of fun. We shall see how the day goes...

OH! That sounds fun! DO IT! :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Sorry about the loss of the pt. 21 people is a beautiful testament to how we care for our sick and infirm.

Yes. It shows that despite how much we might bicker, we are a very caring race overall.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    So since I keep being a downer, here is a positive post - welll comparatively lol.

I have been on a baking binge the last few days. I made a rocky road slice that was nice, but needs some improvement (my slice pan is too big) and today I made hot Cross buns. I haven't made bread in ages (years) but wanted to try my dough hook on my mixer. Tested the yeast, and it still seemed to have life so went ahead.

I'm calling these a cross over easter/Christmas buns, because the fruit I used is from a fruit mince pie mix cause I didn't have any mixed peel. So has glaze cherries as well as the usual fruit mix.

I was really worried after the first rise. I gave it 2 hrs instead of the hr called for in the recipe. Then I seperate the buns into smaller portions than the recipe called for (16 instead of 10).

Ill put the progress in the spoiler, but OMG so good! They came out perfectly. Light, not stodgy, tasty. Yay!
    Guh they are out of order. Cannot be bothered fixing. I think you get the idea!
    lt7e63qhidmd.jpg
    tnf0r5hlyo5f.jpg
    wwhs89yan2wt.jpg
    d27utwofsdss.jpg

So what else can I make...

We need an "drooling" response for these posts!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 yes my running skirt is the target brand. They had several different colors but I chose black because I generally like neutrals. I only bought one since I wasn’t sure I would like it. Now that I’ve used it a while I plan to get more. It has 2 regular pockets and one zippered pocket. The pockets are part of the skirt instead of the short underneath.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    My monthly goals for March were: 1) to try not to get sick or injured AGAIN, 2) to have my best month of the year in all four of my tracked fitness categories, and 3) to aim for an arbitrary goal of 37 miles, to commemorate turning 37 this month.

Given the turmoil of the last couple of weeks, I’m actually feeling kind of good about where I am on those. I’ve been having some obnoxious knee pain this month, but fingers crossed have avoided major injury or illness.

If I can manage another couple of runs the in the next four days I’ll hit my highest month of the year so far for vigorous cardio (although 37 miles ran is NOT going to be happening) - I’ve already at highest month for lifting thanks to a couple of home gym workouts, and while I’m not going to top January in moderate cardio or flexibility/mobility, I’ve topped February in the first and have a shot to do the same in the second.

I’ve got two virtual races sitting in my back pocket right now and am tempted by a third - I vastly prefer in person, but so it goes. I don’t think I’m going to set any goals for April - I’ll just keep trying to get myself out there as much as I can. Well, maybe I'll make a goal to finally run those virtual races - my trophy case needs updating!

Sorry, you have had such a rough go at it, but it does sound like you are turning it around. :)
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    As for the skort discussion... you might think your legs are bad in them, but ugh, mine? Children would run and cry at the horror!

honestly that would not surprise me to see that in Austin. They keep it weird here for sure.

I ran the Cap 10K years ago and will never forget running next to a topless women. Thank god she was not well endowed because that would have just plain hurt.

We also have a "naked" cyclist in Austin....just don't get it. And I complain on longer rides, while wearing cycling shorts and have an extra padded seat. :#
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    That C word
    u1kvfthwyfj8.png

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
    Is it just wishful thinking or does it look like we might be tapering off finally? Prob wishful. But I notice Spain’s reported number of cases are down, I suppose that could be due deaths... ugh how sad.

It’s nice today. I’m conflicted; walk or study. Exam tomorrow so should be a brain rest day, but that’s all I’ve done for 2 weeks, uh and eat and play zombie games with all the other reindeer. We are having our labs and classes via Zoom starting tomorrow Ugh. Feels this is no bueno. 8am from home. How? Why?
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hey all.

Well lock down starts tonight. We are still allowed to run outside, so not as bad as other countries, but I am not allowed to venture away from home. d 14.5k on Saturday.

I just want to run. I want to spend all my free time running, to help with this.
    The only thing open is the supermarket and petrol station.
    We are really shut off.

So than you all for being here and listening to this ramble.

@Avidkeo Any Ranble is a good Ramble.
    Can you run from Home to Work ( Work to Home ) and call it your way of commuting to/from the Hospital?
    Be glad that NZ Gov't took the step of going into lock down. Any place that was slow implementing it ie New York/New Jersey/Montreal all have high case loads and can expect the Hospitals to be overwhelmed based on Europe's experience.
    Here is a link to a video that shows the effect Covid has on the lungs, I hope it works for you in NZ,

All these pictures of runners in shorts, here is a short FB video clip from one of our local club leaders. No shorts in our part of the world yet.