March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    @Teresa502 Glad you had a good run and got your HM done! Bonus to get to run with friends! Thanks. Yes, that trail is in Greeneville, well, actually Tusculum. It's called the Tusculum Trail.

I got my new running skort in the mail yesterday. I hope to get to run in it next week and see how I like it. Another purchase may be on the horizon if I do. It's from Dona Jo Brand. I got it because it has big pockets in the undershorts where I can carry my phone and keys without fear of losing them. Does anyone else run in these? If so, what's your review?
    bz216vhvzrfz.jpg

This is super cute on you! I love the length.

Congrats on your long run the other day, you are rockin it!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Ever wondered how many people look after someone in ICU? We've had our first death due to covid this morning.

As a result of the patients covid diagnosis, 21 staff were put on self isolation for 14 days. 21 staff.

That's why we worry.

:( We need the vaccine so that we can put an end to this. :(
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Ever wondered how many people look after someone in ICU? We've had our first death due to covid this morning.

As a result of the patients covid diagnosis, 21 staff were put on self isolation for 14 days. 21 staff.

That's why we worry.

So sorry.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2020
    @Avidkeo love the bread. I’ve never heard of it, seems almost like a fruit cake but edible! How about an apple challah next? Save me some if you make it. My bunch complains that I’m trying to make them fat when I make it and then I am the one who eats 85% of it. I have 3 over ripe bananas and a bag of walnuts if you want to make (me) some banana bread. 😉 I’m currently willing them to make themselves.

Sorry about the loss of the pt. 21 people is a beautiful testament to how we care for our sick and infirm.

To stay half way on topic her, Dh and I walked a bit today. I think it went well. Hip labral tear is the only complainer thus far.

Hey, anyone watch Young Sheldon ? I just saw a commercial for it. Seems like it’d be cute. Why can’t I think of that show.... you know the nerd show that got way less nerdy and I quit watchin’ it... with penny, and the doof... soft kitty something kitty little ball of fur... gah? Why do I wanna say third rock, and I know it’s not that show... thanks senior moment, have some more of my dignity. Its not like ibs got me earlier and I had to change my depends either.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,648 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Avidkeo love the bread. I’ve never heard of it, seems almost like a fruit cake but edible! How about an apple challah next? Save me some if you make it. My bunch complains that I’m trying to make them fat when I make it and then I am the one who eats 85% of it. I have 3 over ripe bananas and a bag of walnuts if you want to make (me) some banana bread. 😉 I’m currently willing them to make themselves.

Sorry about the loss of the pt. 21 people is a beautiful testament to how we care for our sick and infirm.

To stay half way on topic her, Dh and I walked a bit today. I think it went well. Hip labral tear is the only complainer thus far.

Hey, anyone watch Young Sheldon ? I just saw a commercial for it. Seems like it’d be cute. Why can’t I think of that show.... you know the nerd show that got way less nerdy and I quit watchin’ it... with penny, and the doof... soft kitty something kitty little ball of fur... gah? Why do I wanna say third rock, and I know it’s not that show... thanks senior moment, have some more of my dignity. Its not like ibs got me earlier and I had to change my depends either.

Big Bang Theory
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Big Bang Theory

Good Lord yes that's it. Thank you.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Oops never occurred to me you don't have hot Cross buns there lol.

Basically a sweet bread roll, with cinnamon, nutmeg and some spices, with raisins and/or currants. Served warm/toasted with butter.

Had to google apple challah. Mmmmm tasty and we have lots of apples atm! Always good for banana bread, though we prefer banana cake here lol. Mmmm best with a light lemon frosting
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    That looks lush @Avidkeo and I'm now regretting just finishing fruit and yogurt for breakfast!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    So my family voted 3:1 on the space we were going to use as exercise space (I was the 1). this is where they chose;
    k84fq8sakiy3.jpg
    w96hnuaqefk8.jpg
    Guess who gets to sort it out?

exercise.png
    Lol.... I’m wondering how you do laundry, much less work out!

At the moment I have to move the cat bowls in order to use my squat rack, and move my pile of running shoes in order to use my stationary bike. So I do have sympathy for you and your pet avalanche-in-training!

I would definitely demand the other three family members pitch in!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,707 Member
    edited March 2020

I did go on the sites you and @Teresa502 suggested and I'm afraind I'm too cheap for them, though, no matter HOW cute they are.

I'm right there with you on the tree-trunk legs! They seem to run in my family - thanks genes. The skirts are pretty pricey but they last a long time. I've never had any luck finding any in stores other than running stores where they are just as expensive and have less of a selection. Skirt Sports is another brand that I forgot to mention and they are probably my favorite ones. They run specials frequently.

@emmamcgarity - your skirt looks nice also. Is it the Target brand?
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    3-1 7k moderate
    3-2 7k thresholdish + resistance bands
    3-3 7k moderate
    3-4 rest
    3-5 11k slow
    3-6 7k moderate
    3-7 7k easy
    3-8 7k threshold
    3-9 11k easy
    3-10 rest
    3-11 7k moderate
    3-12 7k moderate
    3-13 11k slow
    3-14 7k moderate
    3-15 8k slow
    3-16 7k easy
    3-17 rest
    3-18 7k slow
    3-19 7k moderate
    3-20 REST
    3-21 7k easy
    3-22 7k easy
    3-23 7k slow
    3-24 rest
    3-25 7k moderate
    3-26 7k moderate
    3-27 rest
    3-28 7k easy
    3-29 7k easy

March Total: 174k
    March Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k

2020 Total through February: 328k

Mostly cloudy, low 60s F and breezy this morning. Had more heavy rain with thunderstorms last night. My radishes are finally sprouting after a couple of days of warmish weather; the daffodils and forsythia are blooming but the crocus are nearly finished.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020K in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:
    4-25 Shine the Light 5k, Twinsburg, OH Cancelled
    5-23 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson OH
    6-20 Freedom Run 5k, Aurora, OH
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    @Avidkeo Sounds like a good way to stay home, for now, and keep everyone safe. I pray you stay healthy and this passes soon. Thanks for what you are doing to help others get to go home to their families. Sorry to hear about the death in your hospital. Hugs to you. Those buns look really good.

@emmamcgarity That's a cute skirt. I think I'll really like running in one rather than shorts.

Thanks @rheddmobile !

@enaliba I hope you and your son are okay and it's just allergies or a cold.

@Elise4270 Glad you got a walk in and it wasn't too painful.

@TheMrWobbly Hahaha. I can see why you would vote "no." However, I would bet cleaning up that space has been on your to-do list for a while. This is a good incentive to get it done. I would declare cleaning up the space as "exercise" and demand everyone pitch in as their first work-out in the space they chose.

Thanks @Faebert . Great job on running consistently! Hopefully you'll be able to run further soon.