March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart What an adorable birthday girl! I hope today is thunder-free for her. <3
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,031 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart What an adorable birthday girl! I hope today is thunder-free for her. <3

Thanks! Me too!
  • janejellyroll
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'm thankful to be working from home for my health and others health. I will most likely end up with the virus as DH works in sales and they are asking why they can't get more people in.

Target will be open an hour earlier for the elderly and those with health conditions. How do they know who falls under the health conditions? I look like a healthy, youngish person but I'm high risk with my asthma. And even though they believe non-active celiac doesn't make you immunocompromised they warned that celiac does make people more susceptible to pneumonia (been there, done that, don't want it again) and vaccines (flu, shingles) may not work as well. GREAT.

My understanding is that nobody is going to be asked to "prove" their vulnerable status. They're simply asking non-vulnerable guests to plan their shopping around this planned time for other guests. Note: I work for Target, but have nothing to do with the stores or this policy. This is just based on the public information I've read about the policy and is my personal opinion.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful to be working from home for my health and others health. I will most likely end up with the virus as DH works in sales and they are asking why they can't get more people in.

Target will be open an hour earlier for the elderly and those with health conditions. How do they know who falls under the health conditions? I look like a healthy, youngish person but I'm high risk with my asthma. And even though they believe non-active celiac doesn't make you immunocompromised they warned that celiac does make people more susceptible to pneumonia (been there, done that, don't want it again) and vaccines (flu, shingles) may not work as well. GREAT.

My understanding is that nobody is going to be asked to "prove" their vulnerable status. They're simply asking non-vulnerable guests to plan their shopping around this planned time for other guests. Note: I work for Target, but have nothing to do with the stores or this policy. This is just based on the public information I've read about the policy.

I most likely wouldn't go as I have a low-risk person at home that can run errands but you never know. The email Target sent out didn't say how it would work (and we all know people will take advantage of this that aren't affected)
  • janejellyroll
    Options

My understanding is that nobody is going to be asked to "prove" their vulnerable status. They're simply asking non-vulnerable guests to plan their shopping around this planned time for other guests. Note: I work for Target, but have nothing to do with the stores or this policy. This is just based on the public information I've read about the policy.

I most likely wouldn't go as I have a low-risk person at home that can run errands but you never know. The email Target sent out didn't say how it would work (and we all know people will take advantage of this that aren't affected)

Yes, unfortunately you can always count on jerks and people trying to take advantage.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,414 Member
    Options
    For everyone whose races were canceled and were wondering what to do to keep the level of fitness or race readiness, I saw this article from Runners World:
    https://www.runnersworld.com/training/a31555466/race-postponed-due-to-coronavirus/?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=socialflowFBRW&utm_medium=social-media&fbclid=IwAR0dZ8KZZFECRyONWqQNNqXK5nurha6RY_6ioTjXS7nzPPqbo3WBnsIPqqA
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,031 Member
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    @kgirlhart That birthday girl has the best eyes! What a beautiful pup!

Thanks! Glad you were able to get to the gym.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,123 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 Your puppy is adorable.

@hamsterwheel6 Great run and great pace!

@kgirlhart Glad you got out for your run. Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl! Hope the storms stay away today and you both can get a good nights sleep.

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    A lot more people walking dogs during my run through the back roads today. I think people are getting stir crazy :smiley: