March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 You did a LOT of running over the weekend. That race sounds very difficult and looks like I would get lost trying to follow the trail. Love the pictures. Did everyone who ran have a dog? It sure looks like it in the picture.

there were 2 runs. the dogs started first and the humans only started 2nd. which i think is silly. because most of the dog people are slower than the humans doing the race.
    brian did a great job marking the trail. better than last time. last time i took a wrong turn.

i did see a window decal that said 200(ish) which made me laugh
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    Options
    For those of us such as myself that are in the young and healthy category, there is no decent excuse I should be slacking so much. I can make excuses all day and that's exactly what it is - me making excuses.

My kids are out of school, and as of tomorrow, my husband will be working from home. Someone made a comment that wouldn't it be a brilliant idea if elders and immune compromised quarantined themselves so children and everyone else would not be affected and life would not be haulted for them. Just a thought. My daughter wants to travel and I'm fine with it but she'd be travelling to my elderly father who works two retail jobs around so many people. My dad is a crazy person, should be fearful but doesn't worry even when he should. I hope I live a full life now so I'm not grappling for scraps down the road when it bears toward the end. But who knows what I'll be like then...

I'm going for runs every day this week. Daughter is helpful with baby and hubby will be home tomorrow. I need to learn how to bake bread. We needed a loaf yesterday and not one single loaf on the rack of any variety. Adapt and learn.

Have a great day, everyone! I'm off.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    Speaking of crazy laps, did I miss the race report on the Sandlot marathon. (I think that was the name of it. The one on the baseball diamond.). I don't recall who was running it.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Speaking of crazy laps, did I miss the race report on the Sandlot marathon. (I think that was the name of it. The one on the baseball diamond.). I don't recall who was running it.

That was @7lenny7 - how ya hanging?

I just checked and the Sandlot was canceled.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I have periodically done some of the virtual runs on "Virtual Pace Series" if I like the medal and, most importantly, the charity it supports. There have been several others that I have seen on-line, and some of the races I've seen have offered a virtual option. (The Hot Chocolate 15K is an example) For me, I can run here at home. No biggie. It was the event part of it, the marking the date, prepping the backpack the night before, mentally figuring out how long of a drive, parking, and the comeraderie of the other runners before crossing those lines. THAT was what made it a goal for me. Doing a virtual one...eh. I usually would do them along with the event one.

Saying that, last night I did order an ASPCA virtual run to use in place of the YMCA 5K that was cancelled. Guess for now, that will have to suffice.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my joy and hope for this life.

I have tuned in regularly to the governors' addresses in the areas that I have people and travel arrangements that I am concerned about.

I have also tuned in every day to hear from Trump (take from that what you will - it's just that he's the one making the decisions so who else am I going to listen to?)

There is this song, "The Blessing," that has been carrying me - it's an anthem of hope and love and peace. For anyone interested - - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4

Rest day today - I will run tomorrow - or Thursday... so far I still get to go to work, which is nice, because so many people don't.

@quilteryoyo - yes, I went to the doctor a few weeks ago but he said if it doesn't get better I'll need PT. That's all. You are probably right - I am mostly cutting back long runs and trying to do what I CAN do. I am not in too much pain today, which is a good sign. Kinda makes me think if I'd just lay off the running I'd get better a lot quicker, rotfl

@LoveyChar I have my trip this weekend to see my brother in Portland. he and I have been discussing what is wisdom, what is responsible... should we postpone the visit...... *sigh* nothing in this life is permanent. This virus is temporary..... Also!!! Try "Amish Sweet White Bread," it's the best!