March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    My plan called for 3 miles with one of them being a Magic Mile (as fast as I feel I can go without being completely dead at the end). I did half mile warm up walk, one slow mile, the Magic Mile, another slow mile, and another half mile cool down walk. I did all of this on the treadmill. The Magic Mile I did at 0% incline. I HAVE A NEW PERSONAL BEST FOR A MILE - 9:37 minutes. This beats the Magic Mile I did on Feb 22 by 17 seconds. I think I could have gone faster, but didn't want to push it too hard. I was surprised that 6.5 mph didn't feel too bad - actually pretty comfortable for short time I ran at that pace.

exercise.png

That's a great mile, magic or otherwise!!!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I had given up on running this weekend because i have my kids but i can’t. I’m about to leave to try to get my scheduled twelve miles. All devices are on and fully charged and the gym is like one minute from my house. I hope this works out.

Schools haven’t shut down but everything else is. Even church. We watched online today. It was about fear and the stance we should take and feeling stuck.

@LoveyChar i am so sorry about your daughter!

Everyone else whose races are getting cancelled and postponed, i am so sorry! We’re all going to feel this in one way or another, I’m afraid

Let’s keep. Moving. Forward.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Wow, you’re really getting faster! 9:40 is pace for a sub-30 5k!
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep Thanks for the advice. So many anecdotes coming from places that are weeks ahead of us and no one here seems to be listening. Italy is breaking my heart.

@LoveyChar Sorry to hear about your daughter! I don't know what's scarier - A dog bit or the trip to the ER right now in this crazy time. I told my daughter that she might not fear the virus personally but if she needs an emergency procedure, she might be at risk. I got an eye roll which means she heard me at least ;)

@ContraryMaryMary Sounds like a great race! Glad they are not being cancelled!!

@PastorVincent Seems like most of the church's here are going online. I saw an infographic today tracking the outbreak in South Korea, with contact tracking, showing how patients 1 -31 had infected people. Patient 31 had gone to a church, a hospital (not feeling well) and a buffet.

https://graphics.reuters.com/CHINA-HEALTH-SOUTHKOREA-CLUSTERS/0100B5G33SB/index.html?fbclid=IwAR28DcZCJdJ1zjplwMKkAVp2-m1bW2ednMYbDuAyzTj6oe7mtHejKsUAPhc

• bearly63
    Options
    @Scott6255 I feel your pain. Longhorn senior daughter here. Assuming a cancellation. I think I am more bummed than her. She is so focused on figuring out her next step that graduation is the last of her worries. I hope they don't cancel! Gig 'em👍
  • bearly63
    Options
    @quilteryoyo That is fantastic! Congrats on the PB!
  • bearly63
    Options
    @Avidkeo Agree completely. Just look at our leadership, shaking hands after exposure. Congressmen telling people to go out to dinner to support restaurants (agree with the support part but not sure going out is smart) . Our own dear leader here tweeting pictures of Corona beer and telling people not to panic. Meanwhile, our healthcare workers are slammed and exposed. Per the Telegraph (UK), Italy is making some really difficult decisions regarding people over 80. You have every right to rant. I hope you stay safe !! <3
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Training question I'm pondering...

Say you're one of the many people who got through all of the training for their marathon and were just starting their taper when their race was postponed to Fall. Like @TheMrWobbly said, you might not want to go back to the beginning. What's the minimum training you'd need to do to maintain your fitness without getting burnt out by the time your marathon comes back around?
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    Options
    Being cautious or engaging discernment is not the same as living in fear. People are no longer being cautious; they are overreacting out of pure FEAR. There is a VAST difference. That is all I will say. I'm done.