March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    March goal: get back to running 2-3 days per week. 5K April 25th.

3/3 - Ran 1.76 miles (total run: 1.76 miles)
    3/4 - Walk 3.3 miles (total walk: 3.3 miles)
    3/5 - R 1.8 miles (total run: 3.56 miles)
    3/7 - Stationary bike for 20 mins - - - Week 1: Goal accomplished
    3/10 - R 2.01 miles (total run: 5.57 miles)
    3/11 - W 4.01 miles (total walk: 7.31 miles)
    3/13 - R 1.76 miles (total run: 7.33 miles)

Have been using Hal Higon's running plans for a while, usually I just look them up & type them into my Google calander. However, after @Avidkeo said something about downloading the app, I thought "Hmmmmm...that might be easier?" Interesting thing, the app & the computer plans are different. (I'm cheap, I have the free app) Was "supposed" to run yesterday, but my day got busy, so I did it today instead. Another run planned for tomorrow, but we'll see. My right ankle has been sore for a while, but after today's run, it is even more so. I've had my TENS unit on, see how it is in the am.

It really beggers the mind how the whole country is shutting down for This-That-Shall-not-be-Named. Just saw a story on the news on "How to Properly Clean your Cell Phone". During a video for another story there was a girl wearing a face mask using hand sanitizer....WHILE WEARING GLOVES.

This is actually a legitimate practice in hospitals. We do it to sanitise our gloves while working in a patients room, usually to clean equipment, before removing the gloves.

@dreamer12151 I did not know that! I'm only using the free app, too cheap to pay for it. I like how it will adapt as I go - apparently
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Have been using Hal Higon's running plans for a while, usually I just look them up & type them into my Google calander. However, after @Avidkeo said something about downloading the app, I thought "Hmmmmm...that might be easier?"
    I screen-shot the whole plan and then check off the days as I go. Used to print them out, but now just use the edit-photo function and keep it on the phone.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Wow....I haven't checked in in a while because I am still in denial at being "hobbled" from running or walking for 8-10 weeks. I had 500 notifications. Mostly from a Corona Virus thread that has been interesting.

I am so so sorry for all of the cancelled races, etc. Hope you all can still train and enjoy the sport without the races for a while. <3

That is why I loved running....I am an outdoor person vs. a gym person, but would go to get some weight training in. Now I have to hop on a bike or rower. The funny thing….biking and rowing is not weight bearing like running or walking. I obviously need weight bearing exercise to keep my bone density. Kinda a catch 22 if you ask me!

Haven't figured out the swimming thing yet. Don't know if they will at some point shut down our gym since it’s at a small club with some older folks that should not be exposed to Covid 19. We shall see.

@LoveyChar I was at HEB yesterday. OMG....people were going crazy and the lines looked like Thanksgiving Wednesday. Needed to buy some basics since my daughter is coming home since her spring break trip was canceled and they have 2 weeks of break until they cancel school all together (and graduation etc which I am expecting will happen.) Total bummer.

3/1 -7 miles - ouch😆
    3/2 -Yoga
    3/3 -Strength training/cycle
    3/4 – Cardio Medley – Rower,Stairstepper,Bike,Elliptical
    3/5 – 6 mile walk
    3/6 – Strength/PT circuit, cycle
    3/7 – 2.7 mile walk/ Power Yoga
    3/8 – 6.1 mile walk, very slow pace
    3/9-3/12 - Denied, Moped, complained,
    3/13 – Cycled for 50 minutes, slow pace
    3/14 – Going to try a Peloton at their store

Total Run/Walk Mileage: 21.8
    Total Bike/Row Minutes: 50 min.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Yikes. Did they say for how long? Good that you have access to the dreadmill. I think I would go crazy if I couldn't do some form of exercise. I need to keep flattening my belly while flattening the curve! Hang in there! <3
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    @eleanorhawkins Yikes. Did they say for how long? Good that you have access to the dreadmill. I think I would go crazy if I couldn't do some form of exercise. I need to keep flattening my belly while flattening the curve! Hang in there! <3

15 days initially but I imagine it will be longer.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,414 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - we've missed you too! Glad to have you back and looking forward to hearing about you and the SkippyGirl's adventures!

@eleanorhawkins - I'm still wondering if you couldn't get out for a run in early morning when no one else is about. Kind of like what @noblsheep did. Would they arrest you?

Sent my husband to the grocery store this morning. Hope they have potatoes. I read on a post somewhere that potatoes are now the latest item on short supply and I need some for a dinner tomorrow with family.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,542 Member
    Options
    I thought I had become a jogger... all of a sudden I had a weird feeling, and shortly after that, came up on something that I realized was a person, knelt down and bent over forwards laying there a little ways off the path. But then he moved, and I realized he was digging a hole in the ground. I decided it would be best to keep moving.

It sounds like you were a jogger @polskagirl01 you just didn't see the one being buried!!!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    March goal: get back to running 2-3 days per week. 5K April 25th.

3/3 - Ran 1.76 miles (total run: 1.76 miles)
    3/4 - Walk 3.3 miles (total walk: 3.3 miles)
    3/5 - R 1.8 miles (total run: 3.56 miles)
    3/7 - Stationary bike for 20 mins - - - Week 1: Goal accomplished
    3/10 - R 2.01 miles (total run: 5.57 miles)
    3/11 - W 4.01 miles (total walk: 7.31 miles)
    3/13 - R 1.76 miles (total run: 7.33 miles)

Have been using Hal Higon's running plans for a while, usually I just look them up & type them into my Google calander. However, after @Avidkeo said something about downloading the app, I thought "Hmmmmm...that might be easier?" Interesting thing, the app & the computer plans are different. (I'm cheap, I have the free app) Was "supposed" to run yesterday, but my day got busy, so I did it today instead. Another run planned for tomorrow, but we'll see. My right ankle has been sore for a while, but after today's run, it is even more so. I've had my TENS unit on, see how it is in the am.

It really beggers the mind how the whole country is shutting down for This-That-Shall-not-be-Named. Just saw a story on the news on "How to Properly Clean your Cell Phone". During a video for another story there was a girl wearing a face mask using hand sanitizer....WHILE WEARING GLOVES.

This is actually a legitimate practice in hospitals. We do it to sanitise our gloves while working in a patients room, usually to clean equipment, before removing the gloves.

@dreamer12151 I did not know that! I'm only using the free app, too cheap to pay for it. I like how it will adapt as I go - apparently

If it were a video in a medical setting, I would understand. However, it looked like she was in a public setting, airport or such.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I thought I had become a jogger... all of a sudden I had a weird feeling, and shortly after that, came up on something that I realized was a person, knelt down and bent over forwards laying there a little ways off the path. But then he moved, and I realized he was digging a hole in the ground. I decided it would be best to keep moving.

It sounds like you were a jogger @polskagirl01 you just didn't see the one being buried!!!

Nope, didn't see it! I'm only a jogger if I find the body!