March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    Options
    I regret that I did not run back to back Marathons as opposed to 3 1/2 months in between them. But I wasn't confident I could do it and I'm still not confident I could do back to back, only 2-3 weeks apart... But, I have lost so much momentum in the meantime now... I've gotten pretty comfortable again. Twelve weeks from Saturday is my next one, oh grumble...I just want to finish under time allotted IN ONE PIECE and that will be a victory for me!

3.2 running miles tonight for a monthly running total of 31.8! Lots of walking miles too but I only count those in minutes now and not miles since routes vary. Someone gave me a strength training plan for runners and I'm going to use it and I'm sure it will help.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile yikes! Self-centred people like that who just don't give a *kitten* are the entire reason we're in this situation if you ask me.
    @Avidkeo my husband is the opposite, he doesn't have much issue with my races, in fact he's usually proud when I finish the long ones, but he just can't get his head round the need for consistent training. So if he ever suggests we do something and my reply is "I need to do my long run first, let's leave at 11" or whatever, he'll want me to just skip it and not understand why I won't. BUT he (sorry, TMI?) is very appreciative of the physical differences between former, obese non-runner me and current fit, ok weight runner me ;)
    Your plan sounds a good one to me, if you can serve him proof that you've already done a lot of the training without too much disruption it might be easier to argue a case for.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Our State Governor: "Cancel all events greater than 250 people"
    Our County Leader: "Yeah, no. Go away."

heh
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    Options
    dewit wrote: »
    I would like to quantify again my modest number of km of running and biking in this thread.

Hello 🙋‍♀️

Go for it! I'm listening! You just have to jump in (like you did)!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    dewit wrote: »
    I would like to quantify again my modest number of km of running and biking in this thread.

Hello 🙋‍♀️

Go for it! I'm listening! You just have to jump in (like you did)!

Yep, what she said! Welcome!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    3-1 7k moderate
    3-2 7k thresholdish + resistance bands
    3-3 7k moderate
    3-4 rest
    3-5 11k slow
    3-6 7k moderate
    3-7 7k easy
    3-8 7k threshold
    3-9 11k easy
    3-10 rest
    3-11 7k moderate
    3-12 7k moderate
    3-13 11k slow

March Total: 89k
    March Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k

2020 Total through February: 328k

Mid 40s F and windy this morning, with barometer rising and temperatures falling. I don't like running in the wind; it seems to sap all my energy. Decided a slow longer run would be the right thing for today. Accomplished both, despite hitting one sustained gust of wind that nearly stopped me in my tracks.

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020K in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:
    4-25 Shine the Light 5k, Twinsburg, OH
    5-23 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson OH
    6-20 Freedom Run 5k, Aurora, OH
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Hi @dewit ! Welcome!
    I followed your lead and headed for the riverside trail this morning, and I suggest everyone who can does the same. At this moment of mass hysteria and anxiety it was absolutely wonderful to get out and see that flowers are still blooming and the ducks weren't all panic buying toilet paper. I do yoga pretty much entirely for the stretching/flexibility side and usually get annoyed at any sort of hippy/spiritual sounding stuff, but as I ran, the thought came into my mind that I was grounding myself in nature and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Then I tripped over a rock, but oh well lol.
    Sounds like a good run (except the rock almost literally grounding you)!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Sigh... no surprise but parkrun is cancelled for the rest of the month for a whole list of countries. I don't see New Zealand or Australia on the list, though, so at least some of you may still be able to participate. I wonder what happens if we just show up anyway and run in the park... hmmm. Probably just that it won't be their fault if we spread disease. I'll be running at that time anyway, but don't know if my route will go that way or not.

No cancellation here. We don't have an outbreak here, and no new cases in several days so I think people are being fairly blaise.

So it's 640am Saturday, I'm about to get up and go to Parkrun. Also doing my long run, 11k. So aiming for a few km before Parkrun