March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Welp, I knew it was coming . . . my race next weekend has been cancelled. Even knowing it was coming, I'm disappointed. It's one of my annual favorites.

I'm thinking about running the race on my own - same day/time/course. Would you be interested?
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    @LoveyChar I hope your daughter is ok. Makes me so mad that pitbulls get such a bad rep. My son has a pit, and she is the sweetest, most loving dog I have ever been around. Hugs to you and your daughter ❤️
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    No run last night due to unexpectedly winding up in the most unexpected of places: the emergency room. Daughter was attacked by a Pitbull. Long story but she's fine, just sore and torn up on her thigh. I feel pity for the dog, always the owner's fault... My heart always wonders if the animal is mistreated or such, especially that particular type of dog. But also, I have a crazy dog and she's never been mistreated. I don't know...I just don't. Sometimes you just have to pray and leave it all in God's hands or you'll lose your mind.

I'm just STUCK right now.

I'm so sorry about your daughter. Hopefully she has a speedy recovery.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,542 Member
    Options
    Hang in there @LoveyChar and I hope your daughter has a speedy recovery
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    No run last night due to unexpectedly winding up in the most unexpected of places: the emergency room. Daughter was attacked by a Pitbull. Long story but she's fine, just sore and torn up on her thigh. I feel pity for the dog, always the owner's fault... My heart always wonders if the animal is mistreated or such, especially that particular type of dog. But also, I have a crazy dog and she's never been mistreated. I don't know...I just don't. Sometimes you just have to pray and leave it all in God's hands or you'll lose your mind.

Sorry about your daughter. :(

It is ALWAYS the owner's fault. There are no bad dogs. NONE. Just horrid horrid owners.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options

Hope you and your daughter are doing better and that she heals quickly.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thank you to all with well wishes...@Scott6255 @RunsOnEspresso @TheMrWobbly @kgirlhart @Tramboman @rheddmobile

@PastorVincent You are 100% correct. As I mentioned, I have a crazy dog. She loves us, her family and pack but she does not get along well with other dogs or people. She has never been abused, neglected, or mistreated in any way. I believe she acts the way she does because she has never been socialized with other people or animals. Should she ever attack, I am 100% responsible. I am 100% responsible for keeping her away from others because I know she could potentially bite (too small to do any damage, but nonetheless it's a bite and it's 100% negligence on my part should it happen. You are 100% accurate in what you said, 100%. Period, end of debate because there isn't one. My daughter was attacked. It was because of the negligence of the owners and it's not the dog's fault. My heart goes out to the dog, as he is an animal and maybe he felt fear, anxiety...and he did not know how to handle it or what he was doing as most animals lack logical reasoning.

• LoveyChar
    Options
    @Avidkeo Last night as I was waiting in the emergency room, I thought of you. My heart goes out to overtaxed, physically and mentally, medical staff. Y'all have a lot of crap to put up with and I'm sorry for that.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all with well wishes...@Scott6255 @RunsOnEspresso @TheMrWobbly @kgirlhart @Tramboman @rheddmobile

@PastorVincent You are 100% correct. As I mentioned, I have a crazy dog. She loves us, her family and pack but she does not get along well with other dogs or people. She has never been abused, neglected, or mistreated in any way. I believe she acts the way she does because she has never been socialized with other people or animals. Should she ever attack, I am 100% responsible. I am 100% responsible for keeping her away from others because I know she could potentially bite (too small to do any damage, but nonetheless it's a bite and it's 100% negligence on my part should it happen. You are 100% accurate in what you said, 100%. Period, end of debate because there isn't one. My daughter was attacked. It was because of the negligence of the owners and it's not the dog's fault. My heart goes out to the dog, as he is an animal and maybe he felt fear, anxiety...and he did not know how to handle it or what he was doing as most animals lack logical reasoning.

Yes thank you. :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Thanks @shanaber

Potatoes ? Geez did they have them?

So over the summer Skip and I went to a new place to run. Well it was better suited to hike so we did that. There was a place that a great waterfall would be had we had rain at all. Well it’s been raining pretty much non stop for months so we went back today WTH dry. Seems there a little stream that actually fills the area we saw with water but it starts below what we thought would be a waterfall. Sad for the lack of waterfall but a fun hike in the mud lol
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Good to see you @skippygirlsmom!

Sorry about your daughter's attack @LoveyChar

Congrats on your 90-day run streak @Avidkeo! Well done. Today was day 88 for me and I'm thinking of calling it quits as well. I totally get you on the mental battle of wanting to keep it going. I'm sure once I stop it will be fine, maybe a little bit freeing.

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    03/01/20 :::: 4.1 :::: 4.1
    03/02/20 :::: 3.9 :::: 8.0
    03/03/20 :::: 3.0 :::: 11.0
    03/04/20 :::: 3.3 :::: 14.3
    03/05/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 19.4
    03/06/20 :::: 3.2 :::: 22.5
    03/07/20 :::: 2.3 :::: 24.8
    03/08/20 :::: 1.3 :::: 26.1
    03/09/20 :::: 4.3 :::: 30.5
    03/10/20 :::: 2.0 :::: 32.5
    03/11/20 :::: 1.5 :::: 34.0
    03/12/20 :::: 1.5 :::: 35.5
    03/13/20 :::: 1.5 :::: 37.1
    03/14/20 :::: 3.2 :::: 40.3

I did not do my long run this morning. I just didn't. I got talked into meeting a friend at the gym at 8:45 for a workout and that meant I'd have to start the long run really early to get it done before that. And I was just dragging after a tough week so I decided not to set my alarm and texted another friend to see if she wanted to run later in the day. Turns out she had to cancel after all, and I really needed to take my poor dog for a long walk so after my workout I did that instead. Then I really needed to get some work done so I put off the run some more. Finally at almost 5:00 I forced myself to go out and get 3 miles done, regretting the whole time that I hadn't just run this morning. But sleeping in was very lovely and much needed.

I'm going to attempt a long run tomorrow. I'm also not really feeling it these days, but I do always feel better after getting a run done. I just don't want to be wiped out for the rest of the day because I have so much to do. It's a tough balance right now.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    @LoveyChar So sorry about your daughter. Glad she wasn't hurt worse and hope she heals quickly.

@kgirlhart Glad you had a great run. I have a Garmin. Wonder if it has a virtual pacer? I'll have to research that.

@rheddmobile You're pit bull stories are scary. Glad you and your DH were able to outrun the rack of pits.

Stay well @Avidkeo and everyone else. Hopefully we'll get the CoVID-19 virus under control soon and things will get back to normal.

@skippygirlsmom Sorry you didn't get to see a waterfall, but glad you had a nice hike anyway.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    with all the panic i figured to drop some educational facts. be smart. osmosis is awesome, check it out. https://youtu.be/eup3_i_5uaw
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    @katharmonic & @quilteryoyo Thank you ❤️...

@bearly63 I hope your daughter's graduation doesn't get cancelled. You work 4-5 years towards that goal for the best walk ever and then it gets cancelled and/or postponed...I know she has to be anxious, as are you...

My daughters get an "extended spring break." All school sports are cancelled for the remainder of the season. My race is cancelled, can't even pull up race on website to see if or when it will be postponed to (assuming it is). It's Bush's Chicken, Carlson Law Firm and the City of Temple sponsoring it so with three reputable places (I think), I would imagine it is going to be rescheduled but I'm not certain. I'm one in millions of disappointed runners all over the world. But...HOPE is still alive and well.