March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @quilteryoyo @LoveyChar I like true crime sometimes. It gets dark and it’s just dumb the reasons people find to do others in. But... dh told me our local loco joe exotic has a series on in Netflix. Swore I wouldn’t watch it, but heck, I’m gonna queue it up momentarily. It’s called Tiger King if anyone’s interested in some real stupidity/ true crime.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo @LoveyChar I like true crime sometimes. It gets dark and it’s just dumb the reasons people find to do others in. But... dh told me our local loco joe exotic has a series on in Netflix. Swore I wouldn’t watch it, but heck, I’m gonna queue it up momentarily. It’s called Tiger King if anyone’s interested in some real stupidity/ true crime.

I added that to my Netflix queue already. It's such a crazy story.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I added that to my Netflix queue already. It's such a crazy story.

I never took my kids. He’d go to the mall with the cats and they were all shady AF. So glad I never went. But there were always a lot of local rumors about him and the park. We do the arbuckle park next to his, with the llama, camel, rhino, and such. No cats.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 - when @7lenny7 hurt his foot didn't he have issues with his toe drooping? I can't tell if yours is drooping or just curled but possibly it could have to do with the tendon he hurt, maybe?

My husband and I worked from home together for years. He started at home several years after I did though and I was a bit miffed at having him here initially. But then he stayed in his office and I stayed in mine and we would pass in the hallway or meet in the kitchen for coffee or lunch. Really it wasn't too different as having a co-worker in an office. Now though we are both stressed although he would never admit it. Not that we would go out a lot but now we are missing the traveling and even just getting out once in a while to the store or a movie or something.
    We have been taking some walks and today he actually took Hobbes out while I was working on a cleaning project. No run and no strength workout.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @LoveyChar Crime drama and the really old TV show re-runs are my go-to shows. And anything dog related. :wink:

@Elise4270 Shoot. I don't have Netflix. If I did, I'd watch that for sure. Sounds interesting.

@Camaramandy648 Glad you got in a fun run with the pup and able to get food for yourself and others.

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Here's a genius idea: Let's encourage elders and immune compromised to self-quarantine so the rest of us can carry on. Ooooops, I wasn't supposed to say that out loud 🤭.

Anyway @Camaramandy648 I love the garden idea. That is my next "learn how to." As far as the pasta goes, I just cut it by hand. My husband was talking about that the other day, how restaurants are suffering and trying to not waste food while trying to at least get something out of it, as they should. I hope your IT band heals quickly. Full Moon 50K sounds fun! Lastly, enjoy your alone time... You're a strong and intelligent woman and I'm happy you are standing strong.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I'm so far behind here. I even lost my log in streak!

I posted in the FB group but I know not everyone is there. I'm planning to do my own marathon on my 40th bday. I'm going to make it into a virtual race with 5k, 10k, half or full. I'll design tanks and medals if you want. If you are interested my website & social media will have info. I'm various forms of my MFP username every where.

And yes, it'll be like 120 degrees on my bday but *kitten* the sun 🤣

@RunsOnEspresso Please please please call it the *kitten* the Sun Birthday Run!

Not even gonna comment on the husband topic right now, I'll either cry or throw something at him, both of which I apparently do just to piss him off and not at all because he has me at my wits end. To run, I need. Rather be deadmill, here I come.

OMG I LOVE THAT IDEA!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Seems like Hony Stinger Waffles is having a 40% off sale if you use their products now would be a good time to order:

https://www.honeystinger.com/
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @LoveyChar US results are showing that younger and non-immune compromised people aren't an insignificant number of the people being hospitalized with serious complications. So if we decide to let this virus go through 80% of the population quickly, it's unlikely the rest of us will be "carrying on," we'll be grieving for previously healthy loved ones who died because there were not enough medical resources to help everyone recover.

The flu is such that people run to the doctor in fear and it's a virus, which passes in healthy people and this is also what happens with this newest virus. My middle child had the flu when she was a toddler, and I rushed her to the doctor who told me that she had a different strain than the one she was vaccinated from. She passed the virus. Now when my kids, to include my little guy, get a bug or virus, I don't rush to the doctor. I don't. But you have people that get a paper cut or something of the sort and go to the emergency room and unfortunately, you will have people left and right flood emergency rooms for little to nothing. Even in healthy people, this passes with time. I don't believe everything the media is putting out. They are over- embellishing and want you to live in fear.