March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @brittanystebbins95 congrats! Well done!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    Great job @brittanystebbins95 ! You killed it!

@rheddmobile Sounds like you had a great run! Glad you are figuring out how to run safely in your neighborhood. Congrats on making your monthly goal already! Baby raccoons are the cutest! We had a family in a hollow tree behind our house one year. It was so much fun to watch them when they start getting out and learning to climb.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    No frills slog of 5km on the think-I'd-rather-be-deadmill this morning as Hal demanded. Hal called it a 'base run' (which I take to mean easy) but demanded a pace of 8:19min/km. Yeah, that would be an easy pace for me outside, but on the dreadmill it's pretty damn tough! I managed to increase the speed by a little bit every kilometre, and ended up with an average of 8:26 which his Halship considered good enough, phew!
    I find that I can go faster on the treadmill than I can outside. Maybe because my outside runs are pretty hilly, even though my treadmill has programs that increase and decrease the incline. But, it's not the same. Anyway, you are doing great! That's an amazing "easy" pace! Hang in there and hope you can run outside again soon!
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Hugs to you. Sometimes a good cry really helps! Got to get that emotion and stress out!

@rheddmobile Lol....Raccoons in the attic? We had a similar yet slightly different problem. Heard scurrying in our attic. Called the pest guy and he put a trap (non killing kind) with a marshmallow up in the attic. Caught a ring tail cat (relative of a raccoon) tearing up our insulation, nesting. Did not find babies thank goodness. He took it far away and let it go.

Did the same thing - plugged up the roof eaves and under deck areas that could let them in, trimmed the trees away from the roof since that is most likely how they get to our roof. Haven't heard them yet - fingers crossed!
    12fieynm8kss.jpg

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Such a nice day out today, so I went for a run on my rural road in my new skort. I really like it and will probably order another soon. Anyway, the run today was odd and wound up being in 3 segments because I stopped to talk to my mom and dad (they live 0.5 miles from my house), then an elderly neighbor with dementia and her niece came out on her porch when they saw me and I stopped to talk to them. On the cool down walk home, another neighbor was mowing his lawn and I stopped to talk to him too. So, there was about 20 minutes of standing around in the middle of my running/walking today. BTW, I did practice social distancing while being social....except I am a hugger and totally wasn't thinking and hugged my aged neighbor. I hadn't seen her in a while and it was an instinctive reaction. But, it was brief and a side hug, so I think we're safe.

The run itself was not as easy as I had hoped, but it wasn't horrible either. The wind was blowing, so that didn't help anything. I ran/walked 3.5 miles at an average 11:30 pace. The warm up and cool down walks totaled 1.04 miles. I did this on purpose to try to make the monthly mileage an even number. I also thought I was meeting my goal today. As you can tell, I totally missed that calculation. There's always tomorrow to get it right. :lol:

exercise.png

Haha on the numbers! Also did want to say I do love your skort!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @hamsterwheel6 ! Sorry your "race" wasn't what you wanted it to be, but you got it done! Congratulations! Like you said, some days are just not your day.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Way to go on hanging in there and finishing @hamsterwheel6 Congratulations!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Some of you might be interested in this "No Race, No Problem" virtual challenge to run a marathon a week in the month of April (not all in one run, broken up however you want) for a total of 104.8 miles for the month (comes to 3.5 miles/day average).

I'm going to do the challenge but I'm not registering or getting the bling (although it's pretty nice, I copied it below) as I'm trying to limit spending right now. If anyone wants to join me in doing the challenge (or modifying it to your own goal), it might be fun for us to keep us going during April. There is a pdf in that link where you can track your miles if you want.

The sponsor Willow Running is local to me, but there is a way to have the swag mailed to you at your expense if you wanted to sign up for it. So you don't have to click through it is $42.50 and here is the bling: "All finishers that complete the challenge will receive a custom finisher medal, custom shirt, Zulu Audio Wearable Speakers (retail value $39.99)*, $10 gift certificate from Confluence Running, A new plant based and gluten free BOOM! Energy Bar, a $10 Willow Running gift certificate ($10 off any 2020 Willow Running event) and a Fidelis Care swag bag."

https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Baldwinsville/NoRacesNoProblemVirtualChallenge?remMeAttempt=

I will join you in this challenge! That will give me incentive to stick to my April goal!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    YA’LL LOOK!! (If ya want).. more c word
    r0lsidd0ecjw.png

KEEP STAYING THE HELL AWAY FROM EACH OTHER!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Thanks @hamsterwheel6 ! Sorry your "race" wasn't what you wanted it to be, but you got it done! Congratulations! Like you said, some days are just not your day.

This! :)
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent @Teresa502 @quilteryoyo Thanks guys. Can't say I wasn't a little disappointed, but you guys understand and yes, not my day, and I finished, which in itself is big.