Shocked about Tim Horton's & Weight Loss

Options
Ok... I am a Tim Horton's Coffee addict. I admit it. I love my double double coffee

I added by medium double double coffee on the wrong day and was greatly surprised when when I removed it and completely my entry again to see that I would lose an additional 3 lbs in 5 weeks by omitting one cup of coffee each day. That is more than 30 lbs in one year.
Explains my weight gain when I drink 3-4 a day.

:wink: :wink:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how many calories is it?!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you are drinking 10,500 calories in coffee???
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Oh god. Don't say Tim Horton's to me. Back when I started gaining my weight I would eat their chocolate chip muffin and hot chocolate pretty much daily since it was right next door. I was visiting home recently and was horrified when I tracked my old treat. But it's so good!
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yah the double double isn't great for you, but Tim Horton's sandwiches are some of the best fast food choices calorie-wise. When I'm on the road for meetings I try and eat there because many of the sammies are low cal because they use honey mustard as the sauce instead of something creamy, and their whole wheat buns are a reasonable portion.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    According to MFP database it's 210 calories for a medium. That means she's drinking 630-840 calories a day.

I..... can't even imagine that.
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I used to be a medium double-double drinker but as of late I have cut out the sugar and am getting used to medium double cream.

I'm not sure of the MFP data for a Tim's coffee w/ double cream. On here is says 140 cals which I thought was high. if I choose one medium black coffee (0 cals) and then choose 6 tbsp. of 18% coffee cream it only comes to 90 cals. That may even be overstating it cuz 6 tbsp. is a lot.
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yah the double double isn't great for you, but Tim Horton's sandwiches are some of the best fast food choices calorie-wise . When I'm on the road for meetings I try and eat there because many of the sammies are low cal because they use honey mustard as the sauce instead of something creamy, and their whole wheat buns are a reasonable portion.

...Just don't choose the Panini sandwiches. I was appalled to find the Grilled Cheese Panini was 600 cals!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I agree, the double doubles are a killer so when I do indulge, I get black, and add my own half and half....... Good news for any keurig owners, it looks like Timmy Ho's is now doing K cups YAY!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yah the double double isn't great for you, but Tim Horton's sandwiches are some of the best fast food choices calorie-wise . When I'm on the road for meetings I try and eat there because many of the sammies are low cal because they use honey mustard as the sauce instead of something creamy, and their whole wheat buns are a reasonable portion.

...Just don't choose the Panini sandwiches. I was appalled to find the Grilled Cheese Panini was 600 cals!

I've never tried those, I meant the cold cut ones on the buns.. like the turkey bacon is 400 calories and is enough food for a road-trip lunch. Pretty good compared to the fast food places surrounding it
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    you are drinking 10,500 calories in coffee???
    What! don't you?:drinker:
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I get Country Style - Small French Vanilla Cappuccino for 110 calories :)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    My drug of choice used to be an XL with 4 cream 2 sugar..3-4 a DAY. They are 520 calories. I was drinking my daily calorie requirement before I even counted food.

I switched a while ago to black coffee and now drink mainly herbal teas. I refuse to drink my food ;)
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Moving home to a different part of the state means closest Timmy Ho Ho's is 45 minutes away :sad:
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It's not only Tim Hortons, I guess if you ordered your coffee "double-double" or any muffin from starbucks or other coffee shops you will have the same calorie intake!
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    They just opened a new Tim H in my town last week....trying to stay away!!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Tim Hortons is like crack on tap for sugar junkies!! Totally love it but it's sooo bad. One of my colleagues brought some carrot and orange BRAN muffins in form Timmy's this morning. I'm ashamed to say I indulged, I didn't think it would be too bad...I mean it has CARROTS in it!!

Enter into my diary...370 cals down the tube!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah Timmies we have 3 in our small town...seriously small town.

I still get my large coffee there everyday...but black...I use 5% Light cream and xylitol at the office...

Just remember Tim Horton's uses 18% Cream in their coffee...nom nom...but that being said I used to order a large reg (1 cream 1 sugar) but not now...unless I really really want it...

stay away from their Iced caps
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm down to once a week for Timmies, love my double double but that 18% cream is what kills the calories. There are 4 of them within a 1km radius from my office.......
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I only have Timmies once in a while now as a treat. I brew my own coffee in the mornings.

Saves you money and calories/fat!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Funny how that works, innit?